News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

127-million-year-old baby bird fossil sheds light on avian evolution

Started by Sinornis, March 11, 2018, 02:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinornis

I just found this article on Science Daily. It is amazing to discover how many of the features we see in modern birds, had already been developed more than 100 million years ago.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180305093012.htm

Summary:
The tiny fossil of a prehistoric baby bird is helping scientists understand how early avians came into the world in the Age of Dinosaurs. The fossil, which dates back to the Mesozoic Era (250-65 million years ago), is a chick from a group of prehistoric birds called, Enantiornithes. Made up of a nearly complete skeleton, the specimen is amongst the smallest known Mesozoic avian fossils ever discovered.

http://avianmusing.blogspot.com/

Halichoeres

Loving all the baby bird fossils being published these days.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Dang, Haliocheres beat me to it. Yeah, its really been a great time for prehistoric baby bird stuff, and this little guy looks to be like another great discovery.

Libraraptor

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.