News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Shonisaurus collection

Started by Shonisaurus, April 17, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks for your words. The Collecta mamenchisaurus if you don't have it is highly recommended and for the price I think it is a bargain, other sauropod figures with the same size as other brands of toy dinosaurs cost much more. Highly recommended. I recommend that you buy it at Alcaiceria de Granada, which is the cheapest store I have found online and shipping is free for orders greater than or equal to 70 euros and you free of customs charges.

Halichoeres

The Elasmosaurus is really nice; I probably would have bought it if it had been just a smidge larger.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

I have one already.  It's a lovely piece.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 30, 2021, 07:05:38 PM
avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks for your words. The Collecta mamenchisaurus if you don't have it is highly recommended and for the price I think it is a bargain, other sauropod figures with the same size as other brands of toy dinosaurs cost much more. Highly recommended. I recommend that you buy it at Alcaiceria de Granada, which is the cheapest store I have found online and shipping is free for orders greater than or equal to 70 euros and you free of customs charges.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I recommend it to you despite the size it is a wonderful collectible / toy piece, I also agree that Collecta should have made it bigger. Maybe in 2023 there would be a large-scale Deluxe elasmosaurus? Everything will go.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I'm glad you already have that great sauropod from Collecta, it's very beautiful, I agree with you one hundred percent.

Shonisaurus

As a result of an emergency operation I had to postpone the publication of the UKRD blue nails dinosaur acquisitions as my recovery has been rapid I publish the photographs. Sorry for the poor quality of the photos.

The figures that I highlight the most from this acquisition are the protoceratops, allosaurus, dimetrodon, edmontosaurus and pachycephalosaurus. I like these UKRD figures, many of them inspired by the work of John Sibbick, a magnificent paleoartist.

Group photo

Allosaurus UKRD in this case in the blue nails version, you can see that the figure is inspired by the work of John Sibbick along with the protoceratops, parasaurolophus and pachycephalosaurus from the same brand of rubber toy dinosaurs:

Ankylosaurus:

Apatosaurus:

Brachiosaurus:

Dimetrodon:

Edmontosaurus:

Pachycephalosaurus:

Protoceratops is one of my favorites and honestly it is more interesting than its counterparts from Collecta and Papo by far, despite the fact that the quality is far from those figures. I like its retro image.

Stegosaurus:

Triceratops:

Finally the UKRD tyrannosaurus rex for the context of the time and considering that it is not a factory of high quality toy dinosaurs the figure is very well finished:

I owe all this to Duna, without her it would have been impossible for me to gather such a number of discontinued retro figures and at a fortunately very affordable price.

I know that my photographs are sad, but since I am working in the Administration and studying at the same time, I cannot take photography classes at the moment.

Flaffy

No need to apologize! Thank you for contributing to the documentation of these rare vintage figures!

Libraraptor

Grimbeard

The UKRD blue nails series really has nice, vibriant colors to them. I only own the Pachy back from my childhood days, never knew the rest of the series was this nicely colored as well. I also really like the Allos scuplt since  I'm a sucker for Sibbicks Art.

Great additions.

Duna

I'm glad you like them, they are really nice figures, heavy and with vibrant colours. I love the metallic irisdiscent blue that the protoceratops and the brachio have. I'll keep an eye for the Parasaurolophus (the best sculpt of the collection, in my opinion).

Gwangi

Fantastic collection of UKRD toys. Love the John Sibbick inspired Allosaurus, and the Protoceratops and Ankylosaurus too.

JohannesB

I have only heard about these models once or twice, but they look very nice indeed. As a complete set, they are quite a magnificent little parade of beautiful vintage toy figures, I think. I love the details, the esthetics based on John Sibbick's great paleo-art, and the colors.

Duna

Quote from: JohannesB on January 27, 2022, 10:16:30 PM
I have only heard about these models once or twice, but they look very nice indeed. As a complete set, they are quite a magnificent little parade of beautiful vintage toy figures, I think. I love the details, the esthetics based on John Sibbick's great paleo-art, and the colors.
I have more information and pictures of all UKRD dinosaurs, recently updated. And the Sibbick pictures they are inspired on. Feel free to have a look: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9178.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy  Thank you for your words, although in any case I will try to improve the photographs when time at work and study allow me, as I have already mentioned. I would like to make acceptable and decent presentations of my collection. In any case, as you say, I try to contribute to the functioning of the DTF within my possibilities.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor  Thank you for your words, these figures bring me very good vibes, at that time I was in my twenties when I started acquiring the UKRD dinosaurs, in this case the UKRD "Earthy-tones", they fascinated me although in the end I left it incomplete and it was a pending subject, but thanks to Duna I was able to locate the tyrannosaurus, triceratops, brachiosaurus and apatosaurus.

avatar_Grimbeard @Grimbeard  Thank you for your words, for me John Sibbick is one of the great paleoartists along with others like ZdenÄ›k Burian who illuminated and excited my childhood with his magnificent illustrations, fortunately I am a contemporary of both.

avatar_Duna @Duna  Thank you for your words, I canceled the purchase due to force majeure, it was going to strangle me and the hernia would become necrotic and that is very painful and can even be fatal. Thank you for your understanding at that time. When I'm well in a month I'll buy that magnificent figure... and even sooner because the surgeon has performed a miracle with the bilateral hernia operation, he is one of the best in Spain for digestive surgery confirmed by the prestigious Forbes magazine.

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi  Thank you for your words, the work of the UKRD has been embroidered when it comes to imitating John Sibbick's paleoart works, I like all the dinosaur toy collections and also the collections that I call sophisticated and totally adult such as the resin collections, for now I do not collect or expenses for reasons of economic prudence apart from that I have spent a lot in contracting the services of the private Health.

avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB  Thank you for your words, UKRD has done a good job of imitating John Sibbick figures on many of those figures and honestly I bought them because they brought back very good memories of my young days. If you like them, I recommend that the collections are very nice figures considering the time they were made and that they are not a powerful company at that time. These rubber figures have a lot of merit.

Halichoeres

Here's wishing you good health, glad to see you back on the forum.

These are a really interesting subset of the UKRD line. The Sibbick inspiration really shines through. And don't apologize for your photographs, we're not camera snobs here! Your photos have definitely conveyed the most salient aspects of the figures.

(This also reminds me I am behind on updating these on the dinotoycollector site.)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

I'm glad to hear you are recovering well.

I find these UKRD dinosaurs completely charming.  I especially like the Apatosaurus and the Protoceratops.  Thank you for cheering me up!

Psittacoraptor

That is a wonderfully colourful little gang you got there!

I'm very sorry you had to have surgery, but happy to hear it went so well. I wish you a swift recovery.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thank you for your words, fortunately the doctor-surgeon who operated on me is one of the best in Spain and the world and has performed a true miracle so that I am recovered. He cost me my money but it was worth the surgery. The UKRD dinosaurs are without a doubt, as you say, interesting because they brilliantly reproduce the work of John Sibbick. On the other hand, the retro style of these figures has conquered me and the same can be said of the price for which Duna sold me these figures.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian  Thank you for your words, sincerely, I also like the protoceratops and the allosaurus, although in my case I have not forgotten the pachycephalosaurus and the great parasaurolophus that I will get when Duna can sell it to me and I can pick it up at the point of sale, without a place together with his protoceratops one of the UKRD's best dinosaur figures.

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor  Thank you for your words and that all the operations are those and I am optimistic and I am aware that I will recover in a short time. The doctor, as I mentioned, has done an outstanding job regarding my operation.

Shonisaurus

Continuing with the sample of my collection, now it's time for the miniatures part, I start with Battat Terra. For me it is an old company although not vintage but of high quality Dan LoRusso made some miniatures of dinosaurs (this company only made dinosaurs) of a quality in equal details and beauties that its counterpart of large dinosaurs is a pity that it did not come making a diplodocus would have been great I'll pass you the photos of these figures, they are exceptional.

Miniature set

Ceratosaurus Battat I have to hold it as it has sustainability issues, great figure anyway.

We turn to Battat's edmontonia one of my favorite figures and one of my favorite armored nodosaurid dinosaurs.

Gallimimus de Battat an adorable figure and without a doubt one of the species still little treated in many toy dinosaur companies.

Miniature Battat's Ouranosaurus, as beautiful as its full-size counterpart, without a doubt the best figure of that species made in my opinion to date. I guess PNSO will change the rules for sure when they make one.

Miniature Battat Stegosaurus is an acceptable figure but is overshadowed by others of the brand, photographs.

Styracosaurus Battat one of my favorite figures is a real gem, pity that the dinosaur is so small both the miniature one as is logical but also its large counterpart.

Battat's Triceratops that figure are big words a great work apart from the fact that its largest figure despite the time that has passed is one of the best figures made of that species on the toy market and perhaps the best figure of twenty or thirty years ago years, now with the new figures of that prehistoric species by companies such as Safari, Collecta and especially PNSO they are surpassing that figure of the old brand but which is not outdated from my point of view.

Battat Utahraptor an adorable figure that despite its small size is one of my favorite raptors even among the large figures in my collection and figures from modern dinosaur companies.

Amargasaurus de Battat nice figure but I like its chocolate color repainting more in its large size. A large sauropod outclassed by its diplodocus counterpart one of the best massive giant PVC sauropods made to date if not the best.

Finally, the main course of the group, the small-sized tyrannosaurus rex, is quite a huge figure despite being miniature and without a doubt one of the jewels of my collection. Figure highly recommended and of a beauty that one does not remain indifferent. To this figure I dedicate a great photo session.

MesozoicJohn

Wow, they certainly grab the attention! Really nice models, some wonderful colours there.

John :)

Shonisaurus

Play Visions Large and Small Prehistoric Mammal Miniatures Collection.

Cave Bear Play Visions

Eobasileus from Play Visions that species along with the uintatherium is one of my favorite prehistoric mammals. Miniature.

Homotherium by Play Visions, hopefully one day some company will make a big figure out of that saber-toothed feline.

Megatherium by Play Visions, let's hope that the year 2023 will be the year of the megatherium by... Collecta?

Play Visions Miniature Palorchestes

Andrewsarchus from Play Visions the face is flat compared to his large figure, which contrasts, although for me my favorite andrewsarchus is by far the one from Collecta.

Prorastomus from Play Visions, like the cave bear from Play Visions, I have two specimens, these two prorastomus have two different color tones, one duller and the other brighter. I pass photos of the two.

Andrewsarchus from Play Visions if UK hadn't sold it to me I probably never would have gotten it, great figure.

Palorchestes, thanks to the UK management that recommended me to an eBay seller, I can get that Holy Grail that, together with Battat's miniature tyrannosaurus rex, is one of my favorite figures.

Smilodon from Play Visions I have two, well actually three but one seems to me to belong to an imitator brand, I pass the photos of the two that seem to me to be genuine. You will think.

Uintatherium Play Visions as I already mentioned one of my favorite prehistoric mammals. Without the sale made by the UK it would have been impossible for me to get it. Again UK helped me.

Big and small Play Visions prehistoric mammals set.

Andrewsarchus Play Visions large and small.

Palorchestes Play Visions large and small

Herd of smilodon Play Visions big and small (well the little ones are homotherium).

Large uintatherium and small eobasileus Llay Visions

Play Visions large prehistoric mammal set.

Play Visions small prehistoric mammal set.

Play Visions Prehistoric Mammals Large and Small Total Set. Complete collection.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: