News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Shonisaurus collection

Started by Shonisaurus, April 17, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_MesozoicJohn @MesozoicJohn Thanks for your kind words. Honestly, Battat is an old non-vintage company like Starlux, Marx or Invicta, but it is something to keep in mind when collecting. I have the big figured counterparts of said brand and honestly it cost me my money but I don't regret buying them at all. They are very nice figures. :)

Shonisaurus

Finally the PNSO tsintaosaurus that comes in a set with other dinosaurs from China, like all the artistic works even if they are toys by PNSO are outstanding, I hope that one day PNSO will produce a tsintaosaurus of quality and size and with an appearance "retro" like this. I like it very much and would be able to buy it on Aliexpress risking customs duties as it is my preferred lambeosaurine hadrosaur (as long as it has the old "retro" look) modified by the latest scientific findings.

Shonisaurus

Finally I show you the fossil I have of Edmontosaurus bought at the Natural Museum of Natural Sciences (completely legal purchase) and that belongs to that hadrosaurid duck-billed dinosaur from the Cretaceous and that I had my doubts at first about its veracity (if I could having bought some falsified bones) for this I contacted one of the best paleontologists in my nation José Luis Sanz whose empathetic and kind treatment is of course and he confirmed it for me.

I have taken it out but for its conservation I always have it in the showcase free of dust and humidity. I pass you the photos.

I hope to continue posting more photos if my illness allows me. I hope everything published for the DTF is useful.

MesozoicJohn

That is a great fossil, Sue said she loves it!

John :)

Shonisaurus

Thank you, it is a real fossil as I have already mentioned and it is another of my jewels in my collection.

Crackington

Yes, lovely fossil vertebra avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. I couldn't quite read the label and wondered what the other material was in the wider matrix. Are they bone fragments?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Crackington @Crackington Thanks for your attention. They are fragments of bones in particular are (vertebra and bones).

From 70 million years ago from Wyoming (USA).

It is very beautiful and needs a lot of care and attention so that it does not deteriorate. I have it in a special display case.

Crackington

Thanks, that's great and good to hear you are looking after it well.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Crackington on February 08, 2022, 07:42:17 PM
Thanks, that's great and good to hear you are looking after it well.

True, you have to take care of it and prevent it from deteriorating in sunlight and extreme temperatures, it is an extremely valuable and beautiful historical fossil.

Duna

Wonderful collection of mini Battats (my favourite is the tyrannosaurus no doubt) and lovely Play Visions mammals, very nice a company did such an interesting collection.
And congrats for your dinosaur fossil (I have no dino fossils yet but I've bought an spinosaurus tooth which is on its way here).

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna Thanks for your kind words. In fact, Battat's tyrannosaurus rex in miniature version is the most beautiful of the group and highly recommended (I think there may be possibilities to find it like the rest of Battat's figures), when it comes to the prehistoric mammals of Play Visions, I sincerely always They liked them and I tried to make the whole collection of miniature large and small prehistoric mammals and prehistoric amphibians and prehistoric marine reptiles and I was lucky to find them all many of them thanks to members of the DTF.

The dinosaur fossil was a pending issue in my case to have it in my collection as long as it was authentic and in this case I feel like a lucky person to get this edmontosaurus fossil, in terms of the spinosaurus tooth that you are going to get. totally lucky! A real theropod fossil is worth more than a sauropod fossil from my point of view.

Unfortunately for me, I refused to buy a carcharodontosaurus fossil from Morocco offered to me by the seller of the Museum Store (all legal trade) and I also refused to buy a magnificent megalodon tooth that was extremely beautiful. That same tooth was sold to another seller who was lucky in that case.

I'm glad you have that spinosaur tooth.

Halichoeres

Lots of tiny treasures here! Very impressive to have the full sets.

That Edmontosaurus vert is nothing to sneeze at, either. Great complement to a figure display.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

That fossil is fantastic. I have little bits of broken dinosaur bones but nothing that compares to that. Thanks for sharing!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  Thank you for your words, although it is a very beautiful fossil, I am aware that a theropod fossil is much more valuable, for example a carcharodontosaurus or spinosaurus tooth, for example. Anyway I am very happy with this fossil. Regarding the complete sets of toy brands, I like to be completist although for personal reasons I have completely paralyzed the purchase of products for now since in March I ordered several figures of Eofauna, Papo and the majungasaurus from Schleich.

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi  Thank you for your words, that real fossil is a gem in my entire collection and I take care of it daily. It is a piece that I am in love with.

Halichoeres

I dunno, theropods shed teeth all over the place, while hadrosaurs hung on to their vertebrae for dear life.  :) To me this is the cooler fossil.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I agree, a Hadrosaur vertebra is one of the more interesting fossils. That's good. Very good. Good find
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I'm glad you like it and that you value it more than the fossil of a theropod tooth, honestly it has been a good acquisition at the time and that set with the vertebrae and bone stuck to the rock is beautiful.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I'm glad you like it, thanks for your kind words. It is certainly a much loved piece of my collection that I will never regret having spent the sum of money it cost me. I take great care of this unique fossil piece due to its rarity. Who was going to tell me that this year I am going to buy the edmontosaruus from Collecta and that I have real remains of said skeleton in my home!

Shonisaurus

Continuing with the sampling of my collection. I'm sharing with you a photo session of the PNSO Doyle triceratops whose limited painting version I bought in 2020 (I think I must be one of the few that has that painting version). I remember that Halichoeres asked me to send the photos, now that I have a mobile phone and wanting to send information, I am sending you a photo session of said figure that I honestly like more or is more attractive to me than the current version of the PNSO triceratops regardless of make it more scientific.

Without further ado I pass the photo shoot session with a photo of the base together with the triceratops that has sustainability problems and only stands with the base, what I like the most are the blue touches of paint in this repainted version of said triceratops that does not have to envy any professional repainting although I am aware that any repainting done by members of DTF or by artists of the height of Martin Garratt would undoubtedly improve said figure in terms of painting.

More photos of my collection soon when my health allows it :)

SenSx

That Doyle is outstanding !
I'm very happy to have been able to grab this model with this paint job as well, it was very limited, maybe to 100 items or so.

Bokisaurus

Very nice , I like this version of Doyle, very striking colors. Congratulations on acquiring this limited repaint.😃

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: