News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Shonisaurus collection

Started by Shonisaurus, April 17, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Nimravus on August 02, 2018, 07:38:04 PM
Fully agree with you that Papo's Quetzalcoatlus is extremely detailed, resin quality. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and I just made some pictures of it, which I will try to upload this very week. Enjoy your hols btw!

avatar_Nimravus @Nimravus I already enjoyed the holidays in August anyway. Thanks!  :)

By the way, four figures from the second round of Collecta arrived at the Museum of Natural Science Store in Madrid and I obviously bought them after they told me the news. They are the estemmenosuchus, dimetrodon, brontosaurus and gomphotherium. My opinions on these figures are as follows,

Estemmenosuchus of Collecta is much bigger than I imagined, it is well modeled and like the rest of the figures it is much better to see them physically than in photographs or videos, the head is made as I like it very detailed although with visible seams on the back of the head. The mouth is outstanding with details of the teeth of first quality with numerous warts but with a sincerely smooth texture which makes of the stemmenoschus of Collecta a good prehistoric animal and one of my favorites.

On the other hand Collecta gomphoterium is much better than I had thought at first the details of the fangs, tongue, hooves, hair and skin are superdetallados what makes this figure a figure of first quality but I sincerely like it a lot more the palaeoloxodon antiquus of Eofauna with difference and I say it with respect to the sculptor of Collecta, Mathias and I have to affirm that it is a figure that surpasses the other versions that I know from my part of gomphotherium, the size is more than acceptable and what more I emphasize that they have made correct male genital organs and that means that it is much more detailed than previous versions of prehistoric elephants by Collecta.

Collecta brontosaurus is profusely detailed and hyperrealistic in spite of its size that is much smaller than I imagined, the leg claw arrangements are correct and the details of addition plates on the body are implementable a great figure although the only defect I find is his sickle a little elongated. I do not understand how I have commented on multiple occasions of Palencia but honestly could have been improved although you can see the olfactory and auditory organs of this famous dinosaur.

Finally the dimetrodon of Collecta is spectacular, its teeth are exquisitely sculpted, painted and differentiated. Their dorsal fin bruised by fights between individuals of the same species or by fights with the corresponding prey are outstanding, the anterior and posterior legs have each five fingers correctly and the movement of the legs on the posterior left is very detailed, their scales are hyperrealists. A prehistoric animal figure for note.

What I said my favorites are the estemmenosuchus and dimetrodon, as regards the gomphoterium it is nice and detailed although I like the deinotherium more and that is a figure of five years ago. As regards brontosaurus, it is for me the weakest figure in the group.

With this I have made an analysis of the four figures, as far as the analysis of the rest of my figures in my collection is concerned, I will make them after finishing some studies and exams that I am doing now. Honestly as colophon or term the Collecta dinosaur figures are much better to see them as I have already commented physically than to see them in a video or to see them in photographs of collectors and exhibitions (promotional photos). This year has been a great year for Collecta.

Now I can only wait for the feathered tyrannosaurus rex 2018 from Collecta and the ceratosaurus from the same brand. With this I will have finished collecting all the figures of toy dinosaurs of the main western companies of this year 2018.

Shonisaurus

Last Tuesday I went to collect the ceratosaurus and tyrannosaurus rex feathered from Collecta and with these two acquisitions my prehistoric animal collection of 2018 finishes.

Collecta's ceratosaurus is one of my favorite figures from this outstanding brand this year. It is beautifully made, perhaps the only defect is the painting of the head is otherwise a mythical figure in the collection of toy ceratosaurus capable of competing in genius with another figure of epic ceratosaurus like Safari.

The feathered tyrannosaurus of Collecta 2018 I sincerely like it but it is not for me one of the outstanding figures this year.

His version of 2015 is more detailed and precise, but otherwise this tyrannosaurus is a remarkable and somewhat more than acceptable figure. But what I said is the 2015 version. I will continue to report all my collectible figures in the forum, although I can not take photos because I do not have a camera and a first generation mobile phone because it is third hand in the best case.

Shonisaurus

I have received seven novelties of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals from Safari and I can only say awesome.

Obviously the weakest figure is the tyrannosaurus rex of Safari 2019 is of a much smaller size than its large hollow counterpart, but it is nevertheless a pretty acceptable figure within what fits. '

Doug's dinosaurs are words apart,

The Carnotaurus Safari 2019 is well finished with lips and with great detail and with perfectly shaped cloacal organ. His details of plates and skin is extremely detailed and is a theropod figure that breaks all the expectations he had of this figure is a figure ten.

The camarasaurus of Safari 2019 is another great figure the best of its kind, perhaps the least interesting is its face painted with that white paint. Otherwise an outstanding and very detailed figure you can see their olfactory and auditory organs and the feet are perfectly placed.

Safari 2019's citipati is a very realistic and detailed figure and the feathers of this figure are more realistic than the last year's anzu being more blurred.

The Safari coelodonta 2019 antiquitatis the shaggy rhinoceros is the best figure of its kind and a figure to be taken into account along with its homologous elasmotherium from Collecta both will make a perfect match.

The prestosuchus of Safari 2019 is a medium-small size figure, but what a figure! It is super detailed with its scales, its teeth perfectly differentiated and its unparalleled precision, its cloacal organ is perfect.

The styracosaurus of Safari Safari 2019 far exceeds its Collecta counterpart is much better and the most important has some beautiful details of scales and skin that I have not seen in other figures of styracosaurus, the red color of some of its parts It favors a lot.

When I recover from various family and personal problems I will continue with my story of all the dinosaur figures that I have in my collection. Thank you for reading all the interested and first of all sorry for not attaching photographs. I do not have a camera.

Joey

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 04, 2018, 05:42:30 PM
I have received seven novelties of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals from Safari and I can only say awesome.

Obviously the weakest figure is the tyrannosaurus rex of Safari 2019 is of a much smaller size than its large hollow counterpart, but it is nevertheless a pretty acceptable figure within what fits. '

The Carnotaurus Safari 2019 is well finished with lips and with great detail and with perfectly shaped cloacal organ. His details of plates and skin is extremely detailed and is a theropod figure that breaks all the expectations he had of this figure is a figure ten.

The camarasaurus of Safari 2019 is another great figure the best of its kind, perhaps the least interesting is its face painted with that white paint. Otherwise an outstanding and very detailed figure you can see their olfactory and auditory organs and the feet are perfectly placed.

Safari 2019's citipati is a very realistic and detailed figure and the feathers of this figure are more realistic than the last year's anzu being more blurred.

The Safari coelodonta 2019 antiquitatis the shaggy rhinoceros is the best figure of its kind and a figure to be taken into account along with its homologous elasmotherium from Collecta both will make a perfect match.

The prestosuchus of Safari 2019 is a medium-small size figure, but what a figure! It is super detailed with its scales, its teeth perfectly differentiated and its unparalleled precision, its cloacal organ is perfect.

The styracosaurus of Safari Safari 2019 far exceeds its Collecta counterpart is much better and the most important has some beautiful details of scales and skin that I have not seen in other figures of styracosaurus, the red color of some of its parts It favors a lot.

When I recover from various family and personal problems I will continue with my story of all the dinosaur figures that I have in my collection. Thank you for reading all the interested and first of all sorry for not attaching photographs. I do not have a camera.
Good job Shonisaurus, It's always a pleasure reading your poetic stories  ;) And I also agree with most of the points you provided (even though I don't have any of these yet, I'm just basing my opinions from my initial reactions).

Roselaar

Congrats on scoring those new Safarisaurs! With the exception of the T-Rex they are all pretty stunning.:)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar avatar_Joey @Joey Thank you both for reading my opinions.  :)

Shonisaurus

I just bought the five novelties of Schleich dinosaurs and my opinion of these figures is as follows:

The Schleich 2019 giganotosarus repainted. It is truly a wonder! the repainting and the touches of paint favors him spectacularly. It does not have to envy to figures of other companies in the colorful although perhaps in the sculpture and scientific precision the subject varies. I am very happy with this figure and sincerely it seems a work of Martin Garratt is a work of art his painting and I sincerely recommend it to all followers of Schleich. I guess Papo's repainting will be just as spectacular.

The spinosaurus of Schleich 2019 (new sculpture). It is incredibly well made the details are sculpted with an artistic precision unequaled among the theropods of Schleich is surely the best theropod by far that has made this brand and one of the best spinosaurus made by any brand and I am sorry to say I like it much more that of other predominant companies although his sculpture is also outstanding or honorary. The red details of paint on the back of the neck and the skull of the spinosaurus are of absolute elegance. Its colors are conservative but not boring, I do not understand paleontology but honestly it seems to me even well done from the scientific point of view. A figure not only for an amateur but also for a collector and is more a figure that should have on his desk even a paleontological and not exaggerate in anything is super cool and very nice. It is of honor registration. Both the spinosaurus and the giganotosaurus have fled humanized eyes to which we are accustomed some companies as for example in some cases the missing production of Bullyland. The animal is amazing. I can not say more.

The animantarx Safari 2019 is better to see physically than in promotional photos or photos sent to us by the members of the forum is a very well done awesome figure. That yes the head has a somewhat childish touch with the tongue and monocolor eyes and surely this figure would have needed a greater stylization. Anyway a great figure and for my part is advisable. Schleich is not doing it wrong for now. Yes, the size is small.

The repainted Schleich dimetrodon 2019 is perhaps for me the weak figure of the group. His previous version I liked more anyway is perhaps a more realistic painting for a pelicosaur. But what is said is the weakest figure. What I value most about this dimetrodon (old and modern version) is that it has five digits, which coincides with the remains of the animal regardless of its scientific accuracy.

The Schleich 2019 dimorphodon (new sculpture) is much better than its predecessor is more realistic. The head is well sculpted and detailed and has a more pterosaurlike appearance than its predecessor, the only negative of the head are its blunt teeth. On the other hand, that war painting I have to say that favors this pterosaur, even those ornaments on the wings of the pterosaur. Although it is true that this position does not think it was real in a pterosaur. The diamond-shaped tail of the dimorphodon is well detailed and sculpted, especially at the end of the tail. Although this figure among the new sculptures of Schleich is the least prominent seems to be taken from the book animals of the future Dougal Dixon or better had to be framed in the new dinosaurs of Dougal Dixon and I say this with all due respect to the sculptor not with the eagerness to mock me the figure but this interpretation of dimorphodon honestly I do not think it could be a pterosaur. As positive aspects is that it is very well sculpted, details are observed to the last millimeter as the picnofibras although the weakest part of the figure are undoubtedly the legs.

Regarding details of these figures I have to point out that Schleich's spinosaurus jaw is stuck as it is very difficult to articulate (in my case I prefer to leave him with his mouth closed) and unfortunately the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Schleich lack this year of educational brochure that other years we delighted this company.

For the spinosaurus of Schleich the note that would put the figures of Schleich this year would be of honor registration but in this case as a whole I prefer to put a note of remarkable more than acceptable.

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus,  your collection thread is still an interesting read to me!  Keep up the good work!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Thanks for your support. I will continue informing.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 04, 2018, 05:42:30 PM

Great review of these Safari figures. I read it before when I wasn't signed in, and thought I'd make an effort now to tell you congrats on your haul.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Thank you avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  I will continue to inform throughout the year of my collection of other figures of dinosaur companies including legendary Vintage models, and I am glad you like this thread.  :)

Shonisaurus

DTF members just received the indominus of Nanmu Studio or rather berserker rex nanmu studio and I can say that the figure is great. The details are millimetric in all respects, pointed teeth, grayish color like that of the JW saga, fierce eyes, front claws based on the therizinosaurus among other excellent and pointed genetically modified figures (I can affirm that they scratch in reality), scales Beautifully sculpted

The articulated jaw, is great can be left indefinitely open or closed without causing problems such as many articulated jaws for example of Papo who then give themselves. On the other hand, fortunately, their articulated jaws are not like the ceratosaurus or feathered Tyrannosaurus of Collecta that, although they can be left fixed, are less realistic and coarser.

It has an articulated tail that, unlike the tyrannosaurus rex (or vastatosaurus) of Rebor, is welded to the body. Seams are observed as is logical in the body but you have to look at them very carefully. His eyes are fierce as the indominus of JW's film and in some way provoke in the best case "respect" a co-worker with whom I have a great friendship comments that the figure inspires fear (having seen it in photography) and that is impressive) I even wonder if it was a resin figure.

On the other hand the claws of the hind legs are superior to the Papo brand, at least in relation to their latest figures.

His tongue is between red and black and very well detailed. What differentiates it from the figure of the film is that it does not have feathers or quills, it is the defect that I find but in the rest it is perfect. It resembles very much the most famous and blockbuster dinosaur movie made in history so far.

The horns on the eyes are perfect and genetically based on the abelisaurus as the carnotaurus and the head is like that of the giganotosaurus in this dinosaur mix genetically created from the mix of multiple prehistoric and current animals.

His teeth aside from that inspire the same panic as the figure of JW.

It comes with a scale model of one of the central characters of the JP John Parker Hammond saga made of a hard plastic and is protected in a plastic bag with a closure that prevents it from breaking and can be used to put the figure in case one does not want to place it on the shelf.

Its texture is smooth and exceeds that of other brands. Sincerely this company will have to take it into account. The hyperrealism and texture and even as it conceals the seams makes it a genius figure more like a collector or a fan of fantastic figures of cinema than for the children's audience (obviously it is a figure that is not up to the children's audience, it is the height of a tall collector of JP / JW figures). It's to have it in a showcase and I think I'm not exaggerating.

My score is 10 out of 10, Nanmu Studio the day you think of making dinosaurs and prehistoric animals not based on JP / JW and scientifically correct according to the criteria of paleontologists can become an absolute danger to scientific dinosaur companies that all we know

It comes in a luxurious box that reminds me of the best collection boxes of PNSO and Rebor and with an explanatory sheet of that figure but in Chinese.

It is a work to be taken into account. When I receive at the end of March the indoraptor will keep you informed. As you know the members of the forum that you know me unfortunately because I do not have a camera and my phone is third or fourth generation (of a real museum) I can not take your photos. I will start in my thread to enumerate as I promised to members of the forum as UK to give an example all the collectible figures that I have apart from the mentioned companies. I will continue informing in the future of my recent acquisitions and my old acquisitions, of companies such as Favorite, Kaiyodo, PNSO, Rebor for example and I will try to illustrate with my opinions one hundred percent questionable each of my figures in my collection.

ceratopsian

So glad you are pleased with the Nanmu Studio model.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 09, 2019, 12:00:17 PM
So glad you are pleased with the Nanmu Studio model.

Thanks ceraptosian. It does not stop being a movie monster but I was attracted by this great figure and honestly I do not regret having bought it. He is a very cool figure.

Shonisaurus

I just bought yesterday morning in the Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid the tyrannosaurus running brown of Papo and the allosaurus repainted of Papo 2019.

My opinion of the figures is as follows:

The tyrannosaurus running brown of Papo 2019 I have to affirm that it is not made of a material as noble as its tyrannosaurus rex rainbow counterparts, and the green tyrannosaurus running. They have diminished their hyperrealism and honestly it is not the figure that one expected. Now I realize that I do not regret having bought the tyrannosaurus rex running brown for a much higher price than Pako, the tyrannosaurus rex of Papo 2019 is a bad copy of its original and I am not exaggerating. Even his eyes seem painted an imitation mark. The seam on the head is exaggerated.

On the other hand the allosaurus repainted by Papo differs a lot from its original, exquisitely sculpted and even from the prototype, it is not as dazzling as the one shown in the Papo catalogs. His eyes are pretty but he does not have the magic of the prototype. That intense blue with white spots look very clearly in the real and sincerely does not quite convince me. They are made of a more malleable material.

The company Papo deserves respect and I say it with love, as my mother said "who loves you will make you cry" is not my claim in my case, but honestly, the quality of the figures differs dramatically from those shown in the exhibition and in the catalogs unfavorably.

The figures of Papo this year (for now) are comparatively aging or deterioration that we suffer all humans over time (I saw in a report) metaphorically is when we make successive photocopies of our initial photography and are deteriorating the copies of the photocopies until the image we had in our initial photograph disappears. The same thing I have observed with respect to Papo at least in his new figures repainted and I say it with the utmost respect. It is not the first time that this brand has happened to me since I bought in urzeitshop (another serious retail company) a replica of Papo's spinosaurus to replace the original because it was sticky and I kept the sticky one at the end and the bought one to replace it. I gave a gift to a niece granddaughter. I understand that Papo is going down in quality and I mention it from a constructive and respectful criticism towards that brand that will always have my unconditional support, but sincerely I had to be frank.

In short, I already have the tyrannosaurus rex running brown of Papo and the allosaurus repainted Papo of 2019.

Shonisaurus

I just received the stegosaurus, spinosaurus and pteranodon from urzeitshop. My personal opinions,

Safari 2019 stegosaurus is a very conservative painting. It is much better than the promotional photos, the layout of the plates is excellent and it is an updated representation of the stegosaurus that is new to me. Perhaps the best stegosaurus I have had to date.

The pteranodon of Safari 2019 is a small but voluminous figure of medium-small size. What I like most is the crest is formidable and the peak its striking colors give an image of luminosity to the pterosaur in this case pteranodon very good. His white breast is another very good detail from Doug and the same can be said about the realism of the figure in terms of its position. Its details of wing, beak, tails, claws is perfect. It is without a doubt the best pteranodon that I have now in my collection.

Safari 2019 spinosaurus is a beautiful figure and sincerely leans very well on its four legs is a very good paleoartistic representation, the color is a precious golden and its details are very good. In this case I prefer the other brands and would be a liar if I said otherwise.

Three more figures in my collection will eventually follow as promised to the UK listing all my figures in my collection one by one.

Halichoeres

Congrats on getting those. Very nice figures, all three!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Roselaar

Sounds good! Can't wait to find those Safarisaurs in my own local shop soon. :)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar I recommend the Safari news that I bought especially the stegosaurus and pteranodon of Doug are fabulous.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: