You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Controversial opinions on dinosaur toys

Started by Ravonium, May 21, 2018, 07:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I didn't know it was controversial to like Bullyland, I thought they were popular here. I have only 2 of their Triassic animals (Paratypothorax and Arizonasaurus) but that's because they're so hard to get, not for lack of trying, and I also have 2 of their mammals Chalicotherium and Anchitherium, and until I get the PNSO I will have the Lambeosaurus here, and the Europasaurus. They have charm, and they have plenty of lesser known animals not touched by other companies.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Takama

Mojo Fun Deserves more Respect for there 2020 efforts.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Takama on October 27, 2020, 01:41:46 AM
Mojo Fun Deserves more Respect for there 2020 efforts.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Loon

I agree Mojo's definitely stepping up their game. If this trend of theirs continues, they can be among Safari and CollectA in a few years.

Sim

I regret posting here recently due to the posts that followed, especially MLMjp's rude post that can be seen below.  I'll refrain from posting more often in the future.

Quote from: MLMjp on October 26, 2020, 06:26:12 PM
My unpopular opinion is againts your unpopular opinions.

I find stupid to "reject", calling boring/uninteresting, or not caring about a group of (non avian/ extinct) dinosaurs, whether they are theropods, hadrosaurs, ceratopsians, sauropods... All dinosaurs groups are interesting in some way and deserve attention.

You could have made your point without calling anyone stupid.

Mellow Stego

I actually think Mattels JW line is better than Kenners in both quality and quantity.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

stargatedalek

Quote from: Mellow Stego on December 22, 2020, 05:22:00 PM
I actually think Mattels JW line is better than Kenners in both quality and quantity.
I, actually have to agree. At least in terms of consistent quality. Kenner had some standouts that I would say Mattel hasn't beaten yet, but they also had a lot of flops.

CityRaptor

I also agree. Of course it also depends on the figure in question.

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 27, 2020, 07:19:44 PM
Halfway through I thought the dromaeosaurs were going to fuse with the brachiosaur, then the question remains how it gained those colours, can it colour shift like a chameleon?
We may never know.

Maybe it is breeding season and Mr. Brachio changes colors during that like some lizards. Or someone painted it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

Quote from: Sim on October 27, 2020, 07:00:01 PM
I regret posting here recently due to the posts that followed, especially MLMjp's rude post that can be seen below.  I'll refrain from posting more often in the future.

Quote from: MLMjp on October 26, 2020, 06:26:12 PM
My unpopular opinion is againts your unpopular opinions.

I find stupid to "reject", calling boring/uninteresting, or not caring about a group of (non avian/ extinct) dinosaurs, whether they are theropods, hadrosaurs, ceratopsians, sauropods... All dinosaurs groups are interesting in some way and deserve attention.
You could have made your point without calling anyone stupid.
I want to apologize if I sounded rude. I didn't want to call anyone stupid. I just wanted to said that I just didnt like that "dinosaur group discrimination" that some people do. It was a very poor choice of words.

And yes, I know it was two months ago but I did not came back to this thread until now.

Sorry.

Gwangi

CollectA has never made a good Tyrannosaurus figure.  O:-)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Gwangi on December 27, 2020, 06:18:30 PM
Yeah, they all have terrible color or accuracy

PumperKrickel

Neither have Papo, Rebor, Schleich or Safari  >:D

Gwangi

Quote from: PumperKrickel on December 27, 2020, 11:26:43 PM

Now there's a controversial statement.

Stegotyranno420

Oh man, that's controversial, but in a way, you are right.

I got a controversial opinion. We need more Indian dinosaurs. Like rajasaurus and Isisaurus

CityRaptor

I don't see how that is controversal.

Quote from: Gwangi on December 27, 2020, 11:36:13 PM

Now the only way to make that more controversal would be to claim that Hasbro made the best one.
Oh no

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 27, 2020, 11:44:11 PM
I don't see how that is controversal.

Quote from: Gwangi on December 27, 2020, 11:36:13 PM

Now the only way to make that more controversal would be to claim that Hasbro made the best one.
And to say that the PNSO one should have never been made
P.S. Btw is your Signature from that wierd al song "Jurassic Park"

stargatedalek

The only Tyrannosaurus I would say are "good" (hatching versions not included), are Safari's 2017 and the original vinyl PNSO version. And probably some of the smaller Kaiyodo ones but no particular one comes to mind.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 27, 2020, 11:50:13 PM
The only Tyrannosaurus I would say are "good" (hatching versions not included), are Safari's 2017 and the original vinyl PNSO version. And probably some of the smaller Kaiyodo ones but no particular one comes to mind.
Yes indeed even though I'm usually not a big fan of feathers on large theropods safari's 2017 rex is probably one of the best

CityRaptor

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 27, 2020, 11:48:20 PM
P.S. Btw is your Signature from that wierd al song "Jurassic Park"
Yep, it's from that song.

Quote from: Stolpergeist on December 24, 2020, 05:58:03 PM
Having read the official magazine, it actually changed colours on its own, which is weird but still better than it being painted by the brothers which sounds like animal abuse.
It's an inconsistent setting that fluctuates between cartoonish nonsense and realism but the stories are at least fun to read.

Well, in that case I stick with it being due to breeding season. Of course the real reason is money, but that's my in-story head canon.

Speaking of them, here is another controversal one: If Team Dino sticks around longer, they should totally introduce the Colby's half-Neanderthal half-sister.
Oh no

suspsy

PNSO has mastered the art of sculpting, but their colour schemes are mostly boring and redundant.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: