News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

SEGA Dinoking Figures

Started by Bokisaurus, August 05, 2012, 09:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC

Sega,

Had some small raised based dino King figures that came in individual packages like UHA figures.  http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/Japan.html towards end of page.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

FUTABA

Quote from: DC on October 18, 2013, 05:26:50 PM
Sega,

Had some small raised based dino King figures that came in individual packages like UHA figures.  http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/Japan.html towards end of page.

Interesting page. Makes me want to spend hundreds of pounds.
I really really like blue things.

Bokisaurus

Finally, after years of unsuccessful attempt, I finally go the Setgo ( # 22)! I can now say that my collection is complete! ;D
[]

Jetoar

Cool like as Happinet figure  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

FUTABA

I really really like blue things.

Dinomike09

Quote from: docronnie on August 02, 2013, 04:47:55 PM
I just got this recently:

Its color is different from the one on the chart.   Is this a variant?

Hi may I ask where you found this? My 4yr old son loves Dinosaur King and the only thing he keeps asking me for Christmas is the Black T Rex. I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

docronnie

I have not seen this anywhere too, so I guess this might be a rare find.

It was included in a box of dinosaur, marine reptile and animal figures in a local store, which imports Japanese items.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I recall the dinosaur from the game, but I'm not sure how rare the figure is. Outside Japan a lot of them are rare.

tyrantqueen

If you're absolutely desperate, I do know a site that is selling one. However, there is one caveat: the site is Japanese only. You would need a Japanese person who would be happy to bid on the item for you. I have used Fantgoodspeed to get items this way. You could email him, and I'm sure he would be happy to help. However, it might end up getting a bit expensive... :-[ And of course, it wouldn't be in time for Christmas...

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n131398214

or here

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f129412764

I couldn't find any auctions that sold the black rex by itself, but I don't think your son would complain about getting extra dinosaurs, would he? ;)

Simon

DInomike09 - You have a PM (Private Message).  Check your inbox.

Roselaar

Is there anywhere where I can find a complete list of all the Sega DK minifigures with their species names? I just acquired some and I can't identify all of them.

SBell

All of the ones I have are pictured and named here: https://plus.google.com/photos/104335703544716018949/albums/5843735159143941409

There are several from series 2 that I was never able to find. In fact, that I don't recall ever having seen more than once or twice at all.

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on December 14, 2014, 09:03:19 PM
All of the ones I have are pictured and named here: https://plus.google.com/photos/104335703544716018949/albums/5843735159143941409

There are several from series 2 that I was never able to find. In fact, that I don't recall ever having seen more than once or twice at all.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! :)

croatasaurus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on August 05, 2012, 09:31:46 PM
SEGA, through the years, has released many series of prehistoric figures that range from super tiny to really big. One of their latest releases is a collection of 36 different prehistoric animals including dinosaurs, marine reptiles, pterosaurs, and the odd mammal. This set is inspired and connected to the popular video game called Dinoking.
The figures are "vividly" colored, some sporting wild designs and patterns. Most of the figures are articulated (arms, legs, etc.) and bigger in size than your average 1:40 size figure. The material is made out of soft plastic and is hollow.
As far as I know, there were no later additions to the original 36 figures Like many Japanese figures, there were not widely sold outside of the country, making them harder to complete. Once again, ebay is perhaps your best bet in finding these figures (price varies).
True to the video game that spawned the line, the figures are not what you will call scientifically accurate. The design/sculpt is somewhere between retro and stylized. Most have large, exaggerated feet, perhaps to give the figure some stability. Despite these flaws, most of the figures are recognizable as the species that they represent.
To –date, I have almost all of the figures from the series except for the stegosaur (#22) that continues to elude me. In addition to these larger sized figures, there was also a smaller set of the same animals (mostly) that was released as a set. Most of these small figures come with a base of some sort that interconnects with each other. Based on this, I believe that the small figures were part of a game.
I personally love the line. There are some interesting species such as Isisaurus (sauropod)  and saurophagnax, that  you won't find in any other line. I'm particularly fond of the ceratopsians, duckbills, and sauropods (surprise!). Like all the other major lines, this one also has one odd mammal, the ever present mammoth.
One more thing, just to make things confusing, there was also another Japanese line that was released around the same time as the SEGA Dinoking, the Happinet line. In size, and to some extent, style, the two collection lines are very similar and are often a source of confusion. If I have the time, I may do one for the Happinet, too.
Okay, onward to the photos. Enjoy.

There you have it, the SEGA Dinoking figures. Feel free to add your collection photos,too.  ;)
Maybe next time I will do its sister set, the Happinet collection sculpted by Kazunari Araki :))
These are the toys from cartoon Dinosaur king.
https://www.google.hr/search?newwindow=1&rlz=1C1ASRM_enHR599HR599&es_sm=122&q=dinosaur+king&oq=dinosaur+king&gs_l=serp.3..0j0i20j0l8.333212.337224.0.337689.14.13.0.1.1.0.202.1564.0j10j1.11.0.msedr...0...1c.1.60.serp..3.11.1367.0.lZyxeR0AcfI

stargatedalek

Quote from: docronnie on August 02, 2013, 04:47:55 PM
I just got this recently:

Its color is different from the one on the chart.   Is this a variant?
I'm a mighty bit late but yes its a variant http://dinosaurking.wikia.com/wiki/Tyrannosaurus/Black
I'm not sure how directly the toy line relates to the anime, but I would assume what with being essentially a season-ender that black tyrannosaurus would have some special placement, whether being a separate dinosaur from tyrannosaurus or being a secret of some sort

tyrantqueen

croatasaurus, please don't quote entire posts of photos like that. It is incredibly annoying to scroll through.

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 21, 2014, 03:08:08 PM
croatasaurus, please don't quote entire posts of photos like that. It is incredibly annoying to scroll through.

Agreed, especially if nothing new is added. It's pretty clear from that first post we're talking about Dinosaur King figures here.

docronnie

Here's an Acrocanthosaurus variant. As far as I know, this one is included in a playset. I like the original color better, but I seldom see this variant. I don't collect these large Segas anymore. Sold most of them already except for the Ceratopsians and a few others.

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

0thebigwytec5

Does anyone have any extra series 2 minis (the brown base ones) that they are looking to trade or sell? I've been trying to collect them, but I know that they can be hard to find.

I have the following to trade:
Allosaurus
Baryonyx
Delatdromeus
Fukuisaurus
Iguanodon
Mapusaurus
Pentaceratops
Saurophaganax

Send me a PM if you have any to sell or trade.

Thanks guys!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.