News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DinoToyBlog entries

Started by DinoToyForum, March 12, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Funk

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 20, 2020, 09:18:01 PM
Here is my Dimetrodon, I have arrived home and can show it now:
Oh, that's a completely different one than the one I have (yours seems large?), mine was in the same line as those smaller figures:

So I guess we can actually do a review each...

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on October 21, 2020, 01:41:06 AM
Dor Mei Brachiosaurus:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2020/10/21/brachiosaurus-dor-mei/

Great review, and I'm glad that you brought up the issue of lead in these toys. I went back and edited my own Dor Mei Tyrannosaurus review to include information about that, which I was not aware of when I originally wrote the article.

Funk

QuoteIs that the 1992 version you got there?
Hehe, I didn't find it yet, that photo was just from the web, but I think it's from 1992, yeah, and probably in good condition, those things were very durable...

brontosauruschuck

I like the description of Allosaurus as the lion of the Jurassic. I've never heard that before, but I think it's very fitting.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on October 23, 2020, 07:41:17 PM
I like the description of Allosaurus as the lion of the Jurassic. I've never heard that before, but I think it's very fitting.
I just going to assume[without any actual and realstic evidence] that you never watched Walking with Dinosaurs documentary

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 23, 2020, 07:57:23 PM
I just going to assume[without any actual and realstic evidence] that you never watched Walking with Dinosaurs documentary

I grew up without a TV, so I never got a chance. I suppose I'd give it a watch if I could find a copy.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on October 24, 2020, 12:20:05 AM

I grew up without a TV, so I never got a chance. I suppose I'd give it a watch if I could find a copy.
I know this sounds really rude and dumb, no insults intended, but were you Amish(or something similar)?

anyways i found segments of WWD taht you can watch as a playlist on YT. Hope this link works https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXZZmeeofofQ1i6vF225FyjYObwAp4Kr5

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 24, 2020, 01:41:29 AM
Quote from: brontosauruschuck on October 24, 2020, 12:20:05 AM

Nope, just a hick.

I should clairify, that in part of my childhood we had an antenna tv, and by the time I was in high school we had both a TV and a newfangled VCR, but we didn't have cable, so no Walking with Dinosaurs for me.
I know this sounds really rude and dumb, no insults intended, but were you Amish(or something similar)?

anyways i found segments of WWD taht you can watch as a playlist on YT. Hope this link works https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXZZmeeofofQ1i6vF225FyjYObwAp4Kr5

suspsy

suspsy

Bokisaurus

Just in time for Halloween! ;D The much delayed canine review!
http://dinotoyblog.com/2020/10/31/dire-wolf-bullyland/
Have a safe and fun halloween everyone!  :D

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 31, 2020, 04:36:37 AM
Just in time for Halloween! ;D The much delayed canine review!
http://dinotoyblog.com/2020/10/31/dire-wolf-bullyland/
Have a safe and fun halloween everyone!  :D
I love dogs. I hope someone makes a good figure of EPicyon, the dog that dwarfed lions :D

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

What is a little odd - a problem I've not had before - I've just tried to give my voting score to the Caviramus.  I click my stars - the number stays there for a moment, then the record goes blank.  Nor do I get a message showing up that there has been a vote cast.  Am I alone in this problem?

suspsy

I just tried to give it a rating on my phone and it didn't work. Odd.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 02, 2020, 03:41:01 PM
What is a little odd - a problem I've not had before - I've just tried to give my voting score to the Caviramus.  I click my stars - the number stays there for a moment, then the record goes blank.  Nor do I get a message showing up that there has been a vote cast.  Am I alone in this problem?

You are not alone! On the last 3 reviews, the rating goes off and on and won't register.
It could be something got affected when Adam was fixing the fact box.
I rated this fabulous review this morning and nothing was showing up.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres My congratulations on your beautiful, accurate, lengthy, and detailed caviramus article. I have to admit that it is a very beautiful figure and I celebrate that several members of DTF already have that beautiful figure of Collecta with them.

By the way, it also prevents me from giving caviramus five stars. I see that I am not a unique case. What's happening? I cannot rate that figure or the previous ones on the Internet.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: