News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DinoToyBlog entries

Started by DinoToyForum, March 12, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indohyus

More ceratopsians, with the first released figure of Zuniceratops by...... Geoworld......

http://dinotoyblog.com/2020/12/27/zuniceratops-jurassic-hunters-by-geoworld/

Ezikot

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  I added the Mojo Dunkleosteus to my wanted list after your review.
I don't know why but it's the one that I like the most, aesthetically speaking, but I haven't understood yet if it was too "wrong".

And I want to thank you, B @Bokisaurus. I always enjoy your reviews, full of infos, nice and detailed pics. They're also funny! Last but not least, I love that you often write something about the paleobiology... I'm such an ignorant ^-^     

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ezikot on December 27, 2020, 11:01:43 AM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  I added the Mojo Dunkleosteus to my wanted list after your review.
I don't know why but it's the one that I like the most, aesthetically speaking, but I haven't understood yet if it was too "wrong".

There's no perfect Dunkleosteus toy (some high-end models come close), but as I said, you could do a lot worse than the Mojo! It's a good looking figure, one of Mojo's best as Stolpergeist said.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres My congratulations on your new review. Honestly the dunkleosteos of Mojo although it is a scientifically imprecise version honestly for me it is a better valued figure than other more scientific versions of this popular prehistoric fish among collectors of prehistoric animal figures.

avatar_indohyus @indohyus My congratulations for your review, although the Geoworld zuniceratops is not one of the worst finished figures of that brand, it is honestly light years away from its counterpart of the BoTM brand.

indohyus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 28, 2020, 02:19:51 PM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres My congratulations on your new review. Honestly the dunkleosteos of Mojo although it is a scientifically imprecise version honestly for me it is a better valued figure than other more scientific versions of this popular prehistoric fish among collectors of prehistoric animal figures.

avatar_indohyus @indohyus My congratulations for your review, although the Geoworld zuniceratops is not one of the worst finished figures of that brand, it is honestly light years away from its counterpart of the BoTM brand.

Thank you! You're not wrong that is is inferior to BotM, but you give what compliments you can when it's geoworld models. It is also significantly cheaper

Shonisaurus

Quote from: indohyus on December 28, 2020, 02:23:12 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 28, 2020, 02:19:51 PM

Thank you! You're not wrong that is is inferior to BotM, but you give what compliments you can when it's geoworld models. It is also significantly cheaper

It is also true that Geoworld's zuniceratops has the advantage of being much cheaper and the paint and sculpture color is quite good and it is not an articulated figure which is something relevant to me on the part of that brand and especially that figure. What perhaps spoils the figure a lot is the painting of the eye, I think it is one of the great defects of that figure. Perhaps in my case I have been a bit harsh with that brand which is great, among other things in the variety of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals, in recent comments and I apologize, it is from a man, in my case I acknowledge my mistakes and apologize.

indohyus

Varanops

Well-thought-out and very witty timely review of a difficult subject.  With so little known of post-cranial anatomy, extrapolation, comparison, and fluid dynamics must be our guides.  Best we can do for now is intelligent speculation.  Robert Ardrey once said, "A bird does not fly because it has wings; it has wings because it flies."  (It's one of those things you have to read two or three times before it hits you.)  Often animals tend to evolve form to fit function, rather than the other way around.  I would imagine its venomous saliva evolved first, then the pit-viper's specialized delivery system for greater efficiency.  It may be our Dunkleosteus' ancestors began with something resembling a tadpole-type tail, but I'll bet their descendant finished up with a more propulsively functional caudal appendage before too long.  Either way, I really like this version and -- in fact -- got one for a Christmas (sorry, I should have said Fishmas) present from DeJankins, courtesy of one of my daughters.  It's magnificent (the Dunk, I mean, though my daughter ain't bad either).

Halichoeres

Thanks for the kind words! We can certainly generate a lot of hypotheses about form from ecology. It might be we can never definitively confirm those hypotheses, but if I were placing bets on a location that might furnish some good tests, it would be Morocco, where some pretty spectacular soft-tissue preservation for Devonian fishes has been turning up. Then again, there's still plenty of unexplored Cleveland Shale, too. What a thoughtful Fishmas gift from your daughter, I'm glad you're enjoying it!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Halichoeres

There can never be too many mollusks!

Shonisaurus

Gorgeous reviews of Bullyland's triceratops is a pretty acceptable figure toy

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi My congratulations on your very detailed and objective article on the Collecta pleuroceras belemnite.

Gwangi

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 01, 2021, 09:22:13 PM

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi My congratulations on your very detailed and objective article on the Collecta pleuroceras belemnite.

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, you always have positive things to say about the reviews. It's much appreciated.

indohyus

Quote from: Gwangi on January 01, 2021, 09:40:27 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 01, 2021, 09:22:13 PM

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, you always have positive things to say about the reviews. It's much appreciated.

Here here! Can't thank you enough for it avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus!

indohyus

First review of the year! And it is a repaint, but a good one, of Centrosaurus by Beasts of the Mesozoic

http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/01/07/centrosaurus-apertus-juvenile-beasts-of-the-mesozoic-ceratopsian-series/

Shonisaurus

avatar_indohyus @indohyus My congratulations magnificent articulated dinosaur figure that although it seems otherwise is intended more for collectors than children by far for its beautiful sculpture and for its beautiful repainting.

indohyus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 07, 2021, 08:04:18 PM
avatar_indohyus @indohyus My congratulations magnificent articulated dinosaur figure that although it seems otherwise is intended more for collectors than children by far for its beautiful sculpture and for its beautiful repainting.

Thank you so much avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus ! It is definitely a collector piece, but a worthwhile one.

Stegotyranno420

kind of unrelated by voting is not working, atleast for me

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: