News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Middle Earth Discussion Thread

Started by Yutyrannus, August 07, 2012, 06:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpittersForEver

Paleogene Pals

Convergent evolution, Smaug actually shares a more recent common ancestor with King Ghidorah, thus making him kaiju. As a side note, they recently discovered a massive deposit of oil in Gondor. We are talking an EUR of 50 to 60 billion barrels; combine that with the gas reserves in Mordor, Middle Earth will be one of the biggest oil and gas producers on Earth! Anyway, work is sending me over to observe a well completion near Osgiliath. Any recommendations for a good place to eat?

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 11, 2014, 03:28:07 PM
Convergent evolution, Smaug actually shares a more recent common ancestor with King Ghidorah, thus making him kaiju. As a side note, they recently discovered a massive deposit of oil in Gondor. We are talking an EUR of 50 to 60 billion barrels; combine that with the gas reserves in Mordor, Middle Earth will be one of the biggest oil and gas producers on Earth! Anyway, work is sending me over to observe a well completion near Osgiliath. Any recommendations for a good place to eat?

No but if you go to Mordor there is a really good one, Orc's We Eat You Diner.
(Lol I'm not so good with that)

Paleogene Pals

'Orc's We Eat You Diner', I heard every time you walk in, fresh meat is on the menu!  Thanks!

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 11, 2014, 07:22:31 PM
'Orc's We Eat You Diner', I heard every time you walk in, fresh meat is on the menu!  Thanks!

Lol, Thank you!

Yutyrannus

They just had to release this right when I start trying to save money didn't they? :))

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

I know just what you mean...three new Sideshow Dinosauria pieces, the BIG Godzilla by them and now an awesome dragon replica..this is just not the year for my wallet...at..all.   

I keep waiting to see if the action figure will be worth getting..it might make a cheap substitute if taken from the same computer designs.

Yutyrannus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yutyrannus

Sorry, I forgot to post this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOHJQkBtMWs&index=29&list=PL2RJnWohEHgd8wZQ-uhtDXjg08fZyjv5Z

Also, for anyone like me who doesn't have space or money for the Smaug statue I posted before (it's enormous), there's also this smaller statue, and unlike the big one it is an open edition piece:

Yutyrannus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Is anyone else planning a Smaug figure or statue yet? I like the others but man the price point is rough.

Arul

Haha the lord of the rings/the hobbit is so mind catching with middle earth :D

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 10, 2014, 09:05:48 AM
Is anyone else planning a Smaug figure or statue yet? I like the others but man the price point is rough.
I am planning on buying the small statue from Weta and I will probably buy the figure as well.

Manatee

Thranduil's eyebrows are so strange in the movies.

Yutyrannus

90 second previews of all of the tracks for the soundtrack of The Battle of the Five Armies have recently been released, here's my favorite of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqk-rURvqHU

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice piece.  I wonder if we'll get some of the later verses of Misty Mountains Cold?

Yutyrannus

There is a really cool one in the book so I really hope they are able to work it into the film:

Under the Mountain dark and tall
The King has come unto his hall!
His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread,
And ever so his foes shall fall.

The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong;
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

On silver necklaces they strung
The light of stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon-fire, from twisted wire
The melody of harps they wrung.

The mountain throne once more is freed!
O! wandering fold, the summons heed!
Come haste! Come haste! across the waste!
The king of friend and kin has need.

Now call we over mountains cold,
'Come back unto the caverns old'!
Here at the Gates the king awaits,
His hands are rich with gems and gold.

The king is come unto his hall
Under the Mountain dark and tall.
The Worm of Dread is slain and dead,
And ever so our foes shall fall!

Blade-of-the-Moon

There were so many great songs in The Hobbit book and very few of them were used in the film...it was pretty disappointing for me.

I do hope we hear at least a few lines from this. But a few groups on Youtube have released full versions that sound great.

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: