News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

What a cool and thoughtful gift! It turned out great! Almost looks playable.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

..some surprisingly good new marine acquisitions from November..

^-^

Ikessauro

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 02, 2019, 01:48:08 PM

^-^

Cool critters!
Who makes the marine reptiles?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 02, 2019, 02:11:26 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 02, 2019, 01:48:08 PM

^-^

Cool critters!
Who makes the marine reptiles?

The Plesiosaurus in the centre is a resin model from Jorge Blanco (1:10) painted by Martin Garratt.
Dunkleosteus, Ophthalmosaurus, Liopleurodon (+ Whale Shark, Beluga and Dolphin) are Recur from China.
:)

_

Shonisaurus

It only gave me time to buy Amazon the shonisaurus, plesiosaurus and tylosaurus, but now the stocks they sold in Spain have sold out. Would anyone know where I could find basilosaurus, dunkleosteus, liopleurodon, carnotaurus, feathered tyrannosaurus and giganotosaurus? I am interested in these figures. On Amazon they no longer sell them for Spain.

Piltdown 龍

Squeee! A pride of giant T rexes just disembarked and made their way to my unit  8) They are joining the spinosaurs to plot the invasion of Liaoning  >:D  Oplan Tanggal Balahibo  >:D
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

stargatedalek

Package arrived today from Minizoo! Something secret also arrived from Canadian Tire, but it's still a secret ;)

With word of its imminent departure I had to finally get a Schleich Psittacosaurus, and I'm glad I like it because I figured I might not get a better chance to buy two! The rooster was part of Minizoo's black friday special, and I'm rather surprised by it too. All of them are made of a nice, traditional hard plastic, not the weird gummy plastic I've grown accustomed to Schleich using.

Also included was the CollectA bearded dragon. I love it so much that I wish it was twice the size! Come on CollectA, if you can do pterosaurs, surely a series of supreme sized exotic pets would be right at home! Even this small it's joining my 1:1 collection as an unusually plump baby.

In no small part because I've been playing a lot of Conan Exiles lately, I also finally got the CollectA shoebill. This whole order is figures I've been putting off getting. It's not 1:1, so 1:13 will have to do.

Loon

I know it's not a toy, but, it's dinosaur-relevant. I got my first decal for my car: a Protoceratops. It's not very accurate, but, there aren't (m)any accurate dinosaur decals.

Roselaar

Got myself two of the new Papo Spinosaurus. It's awesome! And huge...

Shonisaurus

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek  Collecta's bearded dragon looks like a real animal. I am very surprised your acquisition is very beautiful.

I congratulate you on your two new Roselaar acquisitions. I also have two on the way. One I think I have with the jaws open and the other with the jaws closed. They are very good figures to make dioramas.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Loon on December 07, 2019, 12:03:28 AM
I know it's not a toy, but, it's dinosaur-relevant. I got my first decal for my car: a Protoceratops. It's not very accurate, but, there aren't (m)any accurate dinosaur decals.

Nice! I should find something like that for my bike...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Duna

I bought these toobs last month:

Safari fossils toob:

Nothing special about this, but for my two little girls to play and learn (too little by now, so by the moment, for me  :)) hehehe)

Safari dino skulls toob:
Very nice replicas (and a lot of them!). I also bought the discontinued Safari nigersaurus to have all the dinosaurus models represented in this toob for the girls to match. I'm still missing an Oviraptor, but none of the actual models convinces me totally.

Collecta prehistoric marine animals tube:
As I have very little room for displaying, I couldn't pass the oportunity to buy this fantastic collection of miniatures. I have a bigger model of the most representative and known non-dinosaur groups as: Collecta liopleurodon and mosasaurus, Safari elasmosaurus, PNSO megalodon and I'll be getting also the 2019 Safari ichtyosaurus.
But I really wanted to have a Dunkleosteus, a Xyphactinus and the great Leedsichthys. They are not so important for my collection so I wanted them small. This toob is fantastic, models are quite accurate and I have the extra bonus of a trilobite, ammonite, belemmite, archelon and pliosaurus and temnodontosaurus! :D
They are made in soft rubber and very detailed. I really recommend it.

Shonisaurus

I am very glad that you have both safari dinosaur fossils and skulls toob and the magnificent prehistoric marine animal miniatures of Collecta 2018. They are magnificent I really like prehistoric invertebrates and prehistoric fish. My congratulations Duna for your new acquisitions.

Nimravus

Some additional acquisitions, the Elasmotherium, Fukuiraptor and Baryonyx, along with this year's CollectA's extant animals (dama gazelle and secretary bird), and the Oragutan from Papo.

More pictures in my thread!

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new Nimravus acquisitions. Honestly, the figure of Collecta that I like most of those shown is his great elasmotherium in that photograph the figure seems small. It is an optical illusion. The elasmotherium is immense!

Loon

Thanks to avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, I now own my first Favorite figures. After seeing the Baryonyx appear as a favorite, no pun intended, figure so many times, I decided I needed it. Of course, I also bought all of the other Favorites he had, but...the Pelicanimimus and Redondasaurus were too good to pass up.

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 06, 2019, 09:40:31 PM
Package arrived today from Minizoo! Something secret also arrived from Canadian Tire, but it's still a secret ;)

With word of its imminent departure I had to finally get a Schleich Psittacosaurus, and I'm glad I like it because I figured I might not get a better chance to buy two! The rooster was part of Minizoo's black friday special, and I'm rather surprised by it too. All of them are made of a nice, traditional hard plastic, not the weird gummy plastic I've grown accustomed to Schleich using.

Also included was the CollectA bearded dragon. I love it so much that I wish it was twice the size! Come on CollectA, if you can do pterosaurs, surely a series of supreme sized exotic pets would be right at home! Even this small it's joining my 1:1 collection as an unusually plump baby.

In no small part because I've been playing a lot of Conan Exiles lately, I also finally got the CollectA shoebill. This whole order is figures I've been putting off getting. It's not 1:1, so 1:13 will have to do.

Great minds think alike! I just got my Schleich Psittacosaurus last week! It's gorgeous except for the painted eyes  :)

Halzk

Just got the Vitae Chilantaisaurus from AliExpress  :))

Ravonium

OK, I guess I'm the first to post their Christmas acquisitions:

Favorite Burgess Series Mini Models:

Yujin Henkelotherium (1st version):

PrimevalRaptor

Merry Christmas everyone!

Stocked up on some interesting books and finally got the Papo Quetz, wanted that one since it got released but never had a chance to pick it up, it's really incredible.

Also really enjoys the decorations!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: