News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

? @Stolpergeist what book are our friends looking at? Looks interesting.

Sarapaurolophus

A fun way to display the PNSO Microraptor if you are not bothered by size inaccuracy:

Spoiler
[close]

It sits there stable and secure :))

Libraraptor

Libraraptor

Quote from: Stolpergeist on May 19, 2020, 07:49:04 PM
The book is Mark Witton's "Recreating an Age of Reptiles".
Thank you ;)

Sarapaurolophus

Got a big surprise from avatar_Nessy @Nessy yesterday! She got the Papo Spino for herself and ordered a second one for me to go along with hers. It came in the display box but the box is so large I had no space to put it anywhere.

So the box is in storage for now and the Spino is on my stereo until I can re-arrange and put it with my other Papos ^-^

Spoiler
[close]

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist I congratulate you on your new figures. They bring me very good figures both the dinosaurs of toob from Safari and the discontinued figures from Carnegie and Safari. Maisaura was one of my first figures in this Carnegie / Safari collection along with pteranodon and tylosaurus. Enjoy these figures with health!

avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus I congratulate you on your new figure, the Papo 2019 limited edition spinosaurus is one of my favorite figures since I even have it in my DTF profile logo. I wish Papo had made a giganotosaurus just as brilliant as his magnificent spinosaurus.

Stegotyranno420

i wish i had friends like that

Spoiler
Hey, im still lucky for winning that giveaway. And i consider A @Andysdinosaurreviews, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus  and many more great friends
[close]

DragonRider02

I bought one of these awful kid's magazines that each issue of comes with a cheap dino toy. It's always some chinasaur which's mold I have seen used by hundreds of other chinasaurs or a Knock-off of Schleich, Safari, Papo or Collecta. But This issue came with surprisingly good looking Placerias ( I guess it's a KO of something?)! It's good enough for a repaint, that's why I decided to pick it up. Also, there aren't many Placerias toys!

Flaffy

Huh, thought the Nayab/Toyway(?) Placerias mold went extinct.
Glad to see it's still around and in production.

Shonisaurus

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 I'm so glad you got your longed-for Nayab / Toyway delights. Nice acquisition.

therizinosaurus

That Placerias figure raises so many more questions than we have answers. It blows my mind that we haven't had a figure of the species by Toyway/Safari/Bullyland. Truly a fantastic sculpt.

Flaffy

Quote from: Stolpergeist on May 21, 2020, 11:00:04 PM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy You can still order it at Everything Dinosaur for less than a dime, got mine there.
Same, I thought they had sold out of it a while back though.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Flaffy on May 22, 2020, 04:54:29 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on May 21, 2020, 11:00:04 PM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy You can still order it at Everything Dinosaur for less than a dime, got mine there.
Same, I thought they had sold out of it a while back though.

Yes, I checked for it a while back and no hits on their site.  So too just now.

I'm quite envious of avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02!  My collection feels very incomplete without a Placerias!

indohyus

I actually got one in a local shop before lockdown. Not too common but can be found if you hunt hard enough.

SidB

I guess that its "findabilty" depends more than a bit on its original pattern of distribution - in 10 plus years I've never seen one here in the Toronto area.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisition. Bullyland archeopteryx was one of my favorite feathered dinosaurs until I bought Safari archeopteryx. I remember the day I bought it almost twenty years ago in 2002, it seems like yesterday. As time goes!!!

Roselaar

Finally some new stuff in! Being a fresh home owner wreaks havoc on the financial sustainability of my previous collecting joys.

therizinosaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on May 23, 2020, 07:37:32 PM
Finally some new stuff in! Being a fresh home owner wreaks havoc on the financial sustainability of my previous collecting joys.

I congratulate you—the Shringasaurus is probably my favorite figure right now. Great acquisitions!

suspsy

Three gems and one lump of coal.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. Undoubtedly there are three outstanding figures of Safari made by Doug, perhaps the most outstanding is the deinonychus and then the qianzhousaurus and the shringasaurus, the most exotic figure being the shringasaurus and for me my favorite figure, for its rarity apart from the prehistoric reptile with horns the qianzhousaurus, on the other hand the becklespinax of Collecta belongs to the initial time of dinosaurs of Collecta, for me it is not without charm especially for the crest that stands out for its back, despite its imperfections it is a figure that I love.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: