News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

That's how I feel everyday since I came on this forum. Still awesome because then you meet people like P @PlesiosaurusNessy who bring you those goods >:D >:D >:D
Spoiler
I mean  :) :) :)
[close]

Roselaar

Two pretty awesome new Collectasaurs:

Halichoeres

Either that Protoceratops is wearing socks, or it has been walking in mud puddles.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

that's a cool Protoceratops sculpt too bad it's oversized.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

Walking in mud puddles makes a good explaination for that gorgeous Protoceratops' feet.

Libraraptor

Roselaar

That's some gorgeous classic figures you got there! :)

Carnoking

*Triumphant Music
Finally got the battat diplodocus. The holy grail of my hunts is now one of the crown jewels of my collection. He's old, he's worn down, but he's here to stay and I couldn't be happier.

Also got the styracosaurs, which is a wonderful figure but there was no way the poor little guy wouldn't get over shadowed by the diplodocus. Now I only need two more...

Ikessauro

Congrats avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , acquiring this figure is almost like a rite of passage for dino collectors.  ;D I remember the happiness when I finally got mine, and also the anxiety of waiting for 2 to 3 months for it's journey from the US to Brazil. Back then shipping time was quite longer than it is nowadays for a number of reasons. But the prize was well worth the wait! Quite a Battat set you got there. I'm still missing the second T.rex (snowshoe version).

SidB

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , do you have the green Ceratosaurus with the DOWNTURNED TAIL. It's rare, even Dan Lorusso didn't know that the factory had produced it as a variant  of the standard green one. There's one for sale on eBay right now. Very rare $42

Carnoking

Quote from: SidB on July 23, 2020, 11:55:15 PM
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , do you have the green Ceratosaurus with the DOWNTURNED TAIL. It's rare, even Dan Lorusso didn't know that the factory had produced it as a variant  of the standard green one. There's one for sale on eBay right now. Very rare $42

That's one of the two I need, along with the maiasaura

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Mononykus on July 16, 2020, 02:45:22 AM
Hello all,
I want to share pictures of some recent (more or less) arrivals,

Staying with Etsy stores, next is a swimming Spinosaurus from Saraphis Creations (Sarah Whelan). This is a cast, but after making 8 or so of these the mold broke, so this is a very limited creation. Its fairly small, about 1/70 scale, but it is the first (?) up-to-date figure, and quite lovely.

I also ordered several goodies from Paleocasts (Patrick May, also on Etsy).
Your acquizitions are lovely.
I particularly loved the small Spinosaurus.
How long is it ?

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Carnoking on July 16, 2020, 05:27:13 PM

As far as the vitae sinoceratops goes, underwhelmed with this one. Not a huge fan of resin figures to begin with, but the texture on it looks like cottage cheese ceiling finish. The paint scheme is also a bit bland, which doesn't help. But honestly, with Vitae's recent passing I'm glad to add it to the collection and round out Vitae's affordable dinosaur offerings.
I always like it when ppl tell honest opinions about their recent purchase - hearing only praises and congrats can be a bit Tiring.
I don't quite understand - do you own the 2 versions of the PNSO T-rex ?
if so - that's a considerable investment just for a different color.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Carnoking on July 23, 2020, 11:00:20 PM
*Triumphant Music
Finally got the battat diplodocus. The holy grail of my hunts is now one of the crown jewels of my collection. He's old, he's worn down, but he's here to stay and I couldn't be happier.

Also got the styracosaurs, which is a wonderful figure but there was no way the poor little guy wouldn't get over shadowed by the diplodocus. Now I only need two more...
Your Battat collection is indeed impressive.
The Battat Diplo wasn't that rare lately on ebay - if you were willing to spend the necessary 200$ or so.
Did I spot the 3 different versions of the T-rex there ? if yes - this is indeed an achievement. congrats.

SidB

avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio , if you check out the recent PNSO thread entries that are relevant, especially reply #2855, you will see that the new V. 3 Wilson has a substantially modified body silhouette compred to vv. 2 and 3. Almost a new sculpt IMO. However, your observation re: cost is bang-on, of course. I was fortunate to get my v. 1 second hand at a greatly reduced price. I 've only ever seen two used PNSO's on eBay. Seems that people are hanging onto theirs at this point.

Halichoeres

The Prestosuchus has too many claws? I think it should have five.  :o
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Mononykus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on July 24, 2020, 10:39:04 AM
Quote from: Mononykus on July 16, 2020, 02:45:22 AM
Hello all,
I want to share pictures of some recent (more or less) arrivals,

Staying with Etsy stores, next is a swimming Spinosaurus from Saraphis Creations (Sarah Whelan). This is a cast, but after making 8 or so of these the mold broke, so this is a very limited creation. Its fairly small, about 1/70 scale, but it is the first (?) up-to-date figure, and quite lovely.

I also ordered several goodies from Paleocasts (Patrick May, also on Etsy).
Your acquizitions are lovely.
I particularly loved the small Spinosaurus.
How long is it ?
21.5 cm (8.5") along the spinal cord, or about 19 cm (7.5") in a straight line from snout to tail

Leyster

Quote from: Stolpergeist on July 24, 2020, 08:44:51 AM

My only complaints are that the Prestosuchus has too many claws and the Postosuchus technically too but it's barely noticable there, on the Postosuchus it rather bothers me that it isn't bipedal but it is still a more accurate figure than the Safari Ltd. [
I'm curious, may I ask you why do you consider it better than the Safari version?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Carnoking

avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio Yes, I now have both the original and latest version of Wilson. I know the original goes for a lot on eBay, but I managed to get the it from Aliexpress on sale for around 45 dollars a while back and it just arrived. The new version of Wilson, for 30 dollars, is relatively cheap compared to other PNSO offerings. That being said, I was always drawn to the patterning and layers of color of the original, so that was my priority. When the new version popped up on amazon, I used a gift card to order it in and see if it was going to be any better. At the price point, I expected it to be cheap and never able to stand. Now that I have them both, I think they display very well together, and I can honestly say that 30 dollars for the new rex is a steal!

As far as the battat's go, I've been pretty lucky, especially with getting all three versions of the rexes. I think the most I paid for any of them was around the 30 dollar mark. The snowshoe version I actually grabbed in a lot for only 15!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: