News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 23, 2020, 07:50:55 PM
Interesting bundle, avatar_Crackington @Crackington. The dark-colored thing at front center, is that a scorpion of some kind? I can't make head nor tails of it.

Yeah, looks like a generic scorpion. It's facing the camera and touching its "fingertips" together like Mr. Burns.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ceratopsian

avatar_Crackington @Crackington - that's a lot with some real charmers in it.

avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV - you have not one but two Lambeosauri!  Handsome photos of elegant models.

Crackington

Beautiful Invictas avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV   - I concur with avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian , two Lambeosauruses is really impressive!

Thanks for the kind comments and suggestions for brands on my haul everyone. It was one of those easy to overlook lots on eBay and the picture wasn't  too clear (like my one!), but I sensed there were some golden oldies lurking in there with the Inpros and it was really cheap.

Just to summarise what we know is there:

Ajax Smilodon - pretty sure it's that comparing it to figure on Randy Knol's excellent Dinosaur Collector site. Mind you, I was hoping it was an MPC Dire Wolf with my dodgy eyesight when bidding!

Jaru (thanks P @PlesiosaurusNessy ) Allosaurus and Triceratops x2 - Marx knock offs with Christopher Lee Dracula eyes 😄.

Inpro Triceratops and Protoceratops, but the Brachiosaurus at the back is not one I'm afraid, it's very rubbery and I'm pretty sure Inpro didn't do one.

Kenner JP Lost World Baby Triceratops and Panini knock off Camptosaurus, more rubbery than the real ones (thanks for confirming this  avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar )

Diener knock off T-Rex and Triceratops and the venerable Nabisco Dimetrodon (thanks again to avatar_DC @DC website)

I'll take some more photos and resume on the ID thread, but just to say spot on avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono  and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , the dark menacing figure is indeed a scorpion, pretty nicely done, I'll include it in the
ID post there even though it's an extant animal. I'll call it Mr Burns too 😄

DC

Timmee smooth Smilodon they are similar to Ajax but no mammals
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Crackington

So it is avatar_DC @DC ! Thanks for the ID.

PlesiosaurusNessy

avatar_Crackington @Crackington : The Inpro figures are from different materials, I own a few, yours too and I am very sure, the brachiosaur is an Inpro, because
I own the Inpro mammoth, which is extremely rubbery and has this big eyes, too. And, yes, all my other Inpro´s are made from another material!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Crackington

Hi P @PlesiosaurusNessy , I know what you mean, it does have that Inpro look and style and from a photo could easily be mistaken for one.

It's very different when you hold it in your hand though and is actually hollow in its tummy, very different even from the rubbery mammoth. I'll show it in the ID thread later with the other ones still without an ID and Mr Burns 😉

I used to have the Inpros as a child in the 70s and had most of them, but the only sauropod they made was the bigger brontosaurus, as far as I'm aware. I've since collected them all, following collector sources such as Dinosauriana and the DC site:

http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/inpro.htm

That said, who knows what happened in those 1970s Hong Kong factories, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was connected to the Inpros somehow!

Thanks, Crackington

Halichoeres

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono thanks, that description snapped the image right into place in my head!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Baryonyx

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , ? @Stolpergeist and S @SidB

Thanks for your nice words and sorry for my late reply.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  I think the Hypacrosaurus might be a variant of some kind? In any case, the osteoderm - spots and stripes on the crest are in an off white colour rather than yellow that seems to be normal, as well as the different stripes! Glad you like the blue.
S @SidB, I have seen the baby version and if I come across it on UK Ebay will try and get it! I think it's probably quite rare here.

Thanks!

Shonisaurus

I just received the tuojiangosaurus from PNSO it is quite nice and quite acceptable size considering it is the popular PNSO line. It is a hard but not rigid PVC dinosaur, it looks as if its legs were made of rock. Recommended for anyone who is interested.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 26, 2020, 06:35:31 PM
I just received the tuojiangosaurus from PNSO it is quite nice and quite acceptable size considering it is the popular PNSO line. It is a hard but not rigid PVC dinosaur, it looks as if its legs were made of rock. Recommended for anyone who is interested.

That is quite quick then!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 26, 2020, 06:35:31 PM
oh that is good, my favourite Stegosaur gets the love it deserves. I am pleased for you
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian My shipment reached me in five days. I can not complain. Hope yours arrives quickly. Is very pretty.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Thanks for your kind words. If you are waiting for it, it will arrive soon. It's a matter of time.

Loon

Congratulations, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus ! I am very excited for mine to get here soon.

AcroSauroTaurus

Jurassic World Primal Attack Edmontosaurus

Jurassic World Primal Attack Alioramus

Jurassic World Primal Attack Postosuchus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

Although I have already mentioned my congratulations on your new acquisitions of Jurassic World.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Loon @Loon Thanks for your kind words. Indeed, the PNSO tuojiangosaurus is a totally cool figure. Hope you get it soon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 27, 2020, 12:10:56 PM
avatar_Loon @Loon Thanks for your kind words. Indeed, the PNSO tuojiangosaurus is a totally cool figure. Hope you get it soon.

Mine showed up too. Despite my excitement I'm not letting myself open it until I finish grading these papers.

Which hasn't stopped me frittering away time on the forum.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 27, 2020, 05:49:25 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 27, 2020, 12:10:56 PM

Mine showed up too. Despite my excitement I'm not letting myself open it until I finish grading these papers.

Which hasn't stopped me frittering away time on the forum.
I want to go to your school

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: