News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

avatar_Duna @Duna - congrats on finding those Invictas - and they look like they're in good shape, which can be hard to come across. I still think that is the best Pliosaur available.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Libraraptor

avatar_Duna @Duna, nice haul! I like the diversity of your growing collection!

JohannesB

I received my PNSO T. rex today. I have to say I am very happy with it. It is undoubtably my favourite Tyrannosaurus toy model. The paint job, although not as great as on the publicity images, is very decent, with careful attention to shading, countershading, color variation etc. The PVC model has a substantial weight to it, which I like, and it comes in a beautiful box with a nice pamphlet with a few beautiful pictures, including a skeletal reconstruction (of what seems to me like a different specimen than AMNH 5027?). I have to say that the attention to detail (skin, musculature, proportions etc) in this model is stunning when you are able to study the model in hand. I recommend it to anyone who loves (or isn't already saturated with) Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

If Amazon ever does free shipping from PNSO again, I'll snap it up. It's just so expensive for its size.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on January 18, 2021, 03:52:12 PM
If Amazon ever does free shipping from PNSO again, I'll snap it up. It's just so expensive for its size.
I believe this one will be available in local amazon warehouses in March, including the Spinosaurus and others, but I am not 100% sure. This one will probably be free shipping since it is $25+ item.

Wonderful acquisitions everyone!

JohannesB

Quote from: suspsy on January 18, 2021, 03:52:12 PM

Yes, expensive indeed. I paid about $75 including shipping, I think. I will not buy anything more the coming months. C'est la vie.

Initially I was thinking about repainting/retouching it, but I reconsidered. I will keep it original and"pure", I think. But then again, it is just a toy model, it's mine, I will never part with it, so I may just do it.

Carnoking

Finally, the PNSO Huanghetitan! What a unit! Needed some TLC, but now he rules the shelf. Now I just need the W-Dragon Giraffatitan...

Other sauropods for size comparison.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats on getting that behemoth.i must say I knew it was huge, 1:18 scale I believe, but seeing g it dwarf some fairly large figures including the new Namnu Apatosaurus which is itself a large figure. The Papo looks tiny next to it. The Battat Diplodocus is still the best of them though
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

Well done on the Huanghetitan. I never tire of mine.

Carnoking

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx as I'm so fond of saying, you can't beat the classics!

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian It is an amazing figure, especially at a distance. Just commands your attention!

Shonisaurus

avatar_JohannesB @Failed archaeologist My congratulations. I honestly like that tyrannosaurus every day

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking My congratulations, the PNSO huanghetitan is one of the favorite sauropods among which we are collectors. I'm glad you have it, it is indeed huge!

triceratops83

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Thanks for posting images of the Huanghetitan next to other figures. I've actually been toying with the idea of getting one to fill in for an Alamosaurus but I might hold off now - it looks too big for the shelf. Pity, though, it's easily the best Titanosaur on the market.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Varanops

Carnoking,
     Thanks for posting with comparison shots of other sauropods.  That Huanghetitan is impressive to the point of being almost overwhelming.  With me, if it's not one thing it's another: now that I finally have a little money put aside for such a purchase, I no longer have the shelf space to devote to an item that massive!  Truly, my cup runneth over where prehistoric figures are concerned while remaining fossil-dry in the matter of display surface.

AcroSauroTaurus

A couple of late birthday presents.
CollectA Gigantspinosaurus

CollectA Edaphosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Carnoking

Big ol' PNSO day thanks to Dan's Dinosaurs. Loving all of these new figures!

Unfortunately Wilson's jaw is locked. Not realizing this at the start, I tried the old trusty hot water method to loosen the joint. I got some give, only to realize what movement I was getting was the result of the plastic splitting, not the joint being loosened. I love this model, but at the risk of sounding like a Karen, someone's getting a letter about this.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking My congratulations on your new acquisitions. I'm very sorry about what happened to you in the tyrannosaurus, but in my case I preferred not to force the plastic of any of the prehistoric animals by any method and I will tell you, I had to buy a new megaloceros after having touched the horns because they were bent by manufacturing defect, the result one of his beautiful and huge horns broke and I had to buy a new one at shop.modellpferdeversand.de and fortunately that figure had no manufacturing effects.

That reaffirms my argument that those figures, those of PNSO, Nanmu or even Papo in this case, to give three examples, are not toy figures intended for children, they are figures entirely intended for adults as is my case and that of the rest of the members. of the forum with the same level of genius as any resin figures with the difference that the prices are fortunately much more affordable and recommended for any collector and fortunately for almost all economies.

Because the figures cost 20, 30 or 40 euros or perhaps less many figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, it does not mean that they are toy dinosaurs or rather toy figures, the quality of the product and its painting make them worthy of figures of exhibition, including in Museum of Natural Sciences.

Bread

Congratulations on the large pickup! Your photos make these figures look amazing! Shame that Wilson suffers from some jaw issues. Although this is starting to be an apparent issue, I still would not want PNSO to stop having articulated jaws. Few companies do them correctly, and I am glad PNSO is one of them.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I'd agree. After seeing a few small quality control issues. I can't imagine having these in the hands of younger audiences. The price as well as the question of how long these figures would last in terms of playing with them.

Duna

I go on little by little, in my quest to complete all my childhood collections and most of the Spanish vintage ones. When I finish, someday not too far, I'll write a post all about this collections, so they won't be lost in time and for the curiosity for all dinosaur toy collectors.
More info, more pics and name of the species in my collection post.

This week I got a few more of the Miniland miniature figures (3 cm) from "Dinosaurus" LU biscuits, 90s exclusive collection in green and yellow that came in a plastic egg. I think nothing can be cuter!  :-*

Also the Miniland small figures (5 cm). They are a bigger version of the others. There is another larger collection, but those for other post.

Last month I came across 4 little miniatures (3-4 cm) in a lot that had the NILO name stamped. I got 2 more from an eBay seller but I know nothing about that Spanish brand from the 80s. Some figures seem to be little versions of Funrise.

And other lovely very retro looking original collection are El Cigarral dinosaurs. El Cigarral is a Spanish premium cheese company and in the 80s they gave for free by buying their products a little package with 7 "dinosaurs". There are 10 in total. I knew nothing about this figures, I was too young, but I recently knew about them I couldn't miss them. I've got two original packages and about a dozen or so more figures. They were made of very hard plastic and came in 6 different colors.

I've also completed the second repaint of UKRD 1993 small figures to go along with the original version I already have. I'm also planning to collect all UKRD figures from 1991 and 1992 before they became rare or expensive.

And for the last, little by little, new members for my Invicta collection that I recently started collecting. I have to thank very much critcho member of this forum for these:

And I won an Ebay bid for this two. They are a beauty, full of detail.

Hope you like them!

Shonisaurus

Thank you for sharing those photos, they bring back very good memories. Honestly, the vintage Spanish figures are quite cool figures for their time. They are the ancestors of Eofauna and Mesozoo.

I overlook the Invicta brand, which is "black leg" for its quality. My congratulations. for your new acquisitions.

stoneage

The green Invicta Stegosaurus is somewhat rare.  There is a guy on UK Ebay trying  sell one for $136.70 or GDP 99.99.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: