News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptorRex

PNSO Miragaia arrived from Dan's Dinosaurs, incredible figure!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your PNSO miragaia sincerely a great figure. On the other hand, I have received the Vitae figures after a long wait.

The Vitae jinyunpelta economy version I honestly like the paint of it more than the expensive version.

And the two tiantaisaurus vitae two color versions without base. Unlike the tiantaisaurus with a base, these stand perfectly upright. Thanks Vitae!

ceratopsian

Very handsome photos of a handsome beast, avatar_RaptorRex @RaptorRex.

And congratulations on the Vitae figures avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus.

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks for your words. The figures are very beautiful. I recommend them to you.

Lynx

The GR Toys Spinosaurus is now shipping over to my house. Can't wait to see it with my Winter Wilson.
An oversized house cat.

Crackington

I managed to win a "holy grail" figure that I've been after for years on eBay, the 1970s Airfix Pteranodon kit:

It's the rarest of the Airfix dinos and unbuilt in the box usually goes for quite a lot (one went for £100 last year) and they don't come up too often.

This is obviously built and painted, so I managed to get it for a reasonable price. It's been done quite nicely but I might repaint it Burian seagull colour style one day if I get time. Very pleased with my capture after all this time!

Stegotyranno420

Congratulations
Crackingtion!

Tyto_Theropod

Nice piece, well done on getting it!  It's so delightfully retro in all the good ways. :)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

UK

Quote from: Crackington on January 28, 2021, 12:17:05 AM
I managed to win a "holy grail" figure that I've been after for years on eBay, the 1970s Airfix Pteranodon kit:

It's the rarest of the Airfix dinos and unbuilt in the box usually goes for quite a lot (one went for £100 last year) and they don't come up too often.

This is obviously built and painted, so I managed to get it for a reasonable price. It's been done quite nicely but I might repaint it Burian seagull colour style one day if I get time. Very pleased with my capture after all this time!

Congratulations avatar_Crackington @Crackington.

May be you should repaint Black and White, maybe like a Magpie?  ;)

Tylosaurus

Quote from: RaptorRex on January 25, 2021, 10:01:36 PM
PNSO Miragaia arrived from Dan's Dinosaurs, incredible figure!

Just snipped that pic but damn man that figure looks brilliant.. Steggies yea still love 'em, you're bring'n new idea's hah oh noes, February is going to be n expensive haul rofl :D

Acro's, B747's & Steggies's I guess, yea that works 8)

Crackington

Thanks for your kind words avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod  and avatar_UK @UK

UK - I suppose it could be painted like a magpie, but I'm a bit worried that it'll pinch all the Cherries 😉

UK

Quote from: Crackington on January 28, 2021, 07:19:36 PM
Thanks for your kind words avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod  and avatar_UK @UK

UK - I suppose it could be painted like a magpie, but I'm a bit worried that it'll pinch all the Cherries 😉

Lol.

They've had 3 already, not that it's helping them much 😂. It must be cheering you up avatar_Crackington @Crackington

Callophrys

Just arrived today, my PNSO Pinacosaurus:

I'll do some comparison shots with the Borealopelta at the weekend.

Duna

Congrats avatar_Crackington @Crackington, very lovely retro figure.  ^-^
avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys your pics have made me want to get that Pinacosaurus, I'll sleep on it.

Yesterday I received two more of my Invictas, little by little ...

And my first Nanmu, and I'm absolutely thrilled ... I wanted a big tyrannosaurus to go along with my printed and myself built 3D skeleton. I was between the PNSO new Wilson and this Nanmu rex, and after seeing the first pictures of Wilson, the decision was easily made. I don't like those oversized scales, those teeth, the support piece and the price. And as my skeleton is also a JP style, so what could be better than a Nanmu rex? Nothing. It's a piece of art, heavy, those life like teeth, the sculpt, the perfect paint, wow. It was too expensive for me so I waited for months until I saw a great offer I couldn't miss. I was worth all the money.

It will display here, not in the cabinet. I have also a 1:20 triceratops skeleton and a stegosaurus along with both Papo figures. Papo figures display very nicely with both, specially the stegosaurus. More pics of them in my collection post.

Stegotyranno420

Nice collection avatar_Duna @Duna , congrats

I got somethin to share here too, suprisingly. Its not really a dinosaur, but more like somethin that'll help me with my dinosaur figures. Enter: The Black Paint.

Yeah i know its not a figure, but its still a Recent Acquisition, right?
Anyways i got it because a friend of mine told me that when repainting figures, its fine for the rainbow colors to be the cheap stuff, but for black and white, you got to have the preminium stuff. I look forward with trying it

Duna

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 29, 2021, 06:14:49 AM
Anyways i got it because a friend of mine told me that when repainting figures, its fine for the rainbow colors to be the cheap stuff, but for black and white, you got to have the preminium stuff. I look forward with trying it
Of course! An artist should have always the best white and black paint. : ^-^

Callophrys

Quote from: Duna on January 28, 2021, 10:02:50 PM

avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys your pics have made me want to get that Pinacosaurus, I'll sleep on it.

It's a gorgeous little figure, and deserves a place in anyone's collection.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys My congratulations for the PNSO pinacosaurus is much more beautiful than I thought those colors are the most striking and beautiful. I hope to have it this year with a little luck in my collection.

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on your new acquisitions and sincerely not only for your Invicta figures that are legendary, but also for that tyrannosaurus Nanmu sincerely when you buy a Nanmu dinosaur you "hook" on that brand. Welcome to the Nanmu Studio collectors club!

Carnoking

Oh what a fool I've been! So many wasted months doubting the Beasts of the Mesozoic line was for me. This Zuniceratops arrived today and my productivity has been out the window ever since! I can't put it down, I love posing it. Definitely going to be pre-ordering some of the wave 2 and 3 ceratopsians and re-evaluating my collecting priorities!

Side note, did you know you can subdue an aggressive Zuniceratops with neck scratches and belly rubs? They're quite calm after a little of that!

ceratopsian

The tummy tickle really made me laugh - thank you!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: