News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Oh my, those Zuni pics are adorable!

Can't wait for my set of BotM Ceratopsians to arrive and make similar shots. :)

Duna

The zuniceratops looks lovely in those pics!  ^-^

These are my new adquisitions. Three Marx little figures. I love vintage hard plastic figures.

Another vintage and coveted miniature collection exclusive from my country. These collection was given away in price win stickers inside chewing gum packages in the 80s. Dunkin chewing gum was the first in giving this little plastic figures in the 50s, so now everyone calls with this name all the different collections. "Dunkin" figures are highly appreciated. I have two complete sets of the 12 "dinosaurs", they are made of a shiny metallic plastic in 4 colours (purple, pink, gold and green). Some of them are obviously inspired in Marx, MPC and those from that time. More info about the species in my collection post.

Callophrys

As promised, here's some comparison shots of PNSO's Pinacosaurus & Borealopelta:

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Lots of nice acquisitions here, very nice Pinacosaurus (good to see it is nice and small), adorable Zuniceratops and lovely vintage figures.

I have bought my first and likely only ever Nanmu figure from Everything Dinosaur, the humongous Apatosaurus, along with another unlicensed Jurassic Park product the Papo Compsognathus, and the lovely Safari Przewalski's horse for my Pleistocene Europe display and the CollectA Horseshoe crab.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Crackington

Agree with avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx, some very nice figures and models here, possibly some Christmas present cash getting spent😉

avatar_Duna @Duna - really enjoying your hauls, very classy and interesting. You sound a bit like me and like collecting figures that are small, old and beautiful (well maybe the last one is going too far)!

Great to see such diverse collecting styles on this thread and on the wider Forum 👍 

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx avatar_Duna @Duna Congratulations on your respective acquisitions.

avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys Thanks for your pictures. Honestly, the pinacosaurus is as long as the borealopelta and that borealopelta is of an acceptable size. From what I deduce that perhaps that pinacosaurus is not as small as I thought or imagined.

AcroSauroTaurus

Just a couple prehistoric acquisitions this week.
Mattel JW Camp Cretaceous "Troodon".

Mattel JW Camp Cretaceous Grim.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations. I'm glad you got those figures. They are magnificent although in my case I have not collected any JP and JW figures from Mattel to date.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Carnoking on January 30, 2021, 02:21:01 AM

Oh what a fool I've been! So many wasted months doubting the Beasts of the Mesozoic line was for me. This Zuniceratops arrived today and my productivity has been out the window ever since! I can't put it down, I love posing it. Definitely going to be pre-ordering some of the wave 2 and 3 ceratopsians and re-evaluating my collecting priorities!

Side note, did you know you can subdue an aggressive Zuniceratops with neck scratches and belly rubs? They're quite calm after a little of that!

Love the photos, though it would probably go better with an Amber Collection figure! The Zuniceratops is advertised as 1:18 scale but clearly much larger, like 1:12 or more. Not sure why the stated BoM scales are always so jacked up.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

EmperorDinobot

Oof yes that Zuniceatops is a tad too big, but I would say it is too small for 6.5 inch tall figures. Perhaps it might be in scale with Kenner figures? I want to buy one now.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 03, 2021, 05:44:20 PM
Oof yes that Zuniceatops is a tad too big, but I would say it is too small for 6.5 inch tall figures. Perhaps it might be in scale with Kenner figures? I want to buy one now.
I don't know, I think it might even be too big for a 6" figure. Zuni was only 2m long.

The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

EmperorDinobot

Uf. Well, it might be my excuse to get one of those new McFarlane 7.5 inch tall Batman figures at last.

Carnoking

I did not realize they were that small! I always remembered them from "When Dinosaurs Roamed America" and John Goodman likened them to the size of a cow. Guess young Carnoking should not have taken that at face value.

Duna

I finished today another Spanish vintage collection. This set of dinosaurs were proudly made in Spain in 1989 by YOLANDA. They released this quite chunky collection of "dinosaurs". They are made of heavy rubber and these 6 were promotional articles of a processed meat company called CABO. These were so called Cabosaurios. More information in my collection post.

Shonisaurus

Great photography and great acquisitions. I congratulate you! by the way that prehistoric mammal could be a uintatherium? It reminds me a lot of the one I have from UKRD bought in the 90s.

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 04, 2021, 07:47:05 AM
Great photography and great acquisitions. I congratulate you! by the way that prehistoric mammal could be a uintatherium? It reminds me a lot of the one I have from UKRD bought in the 90s.
Yes, I think it's an Uintatherium, it has white fangs, also. I have 3 of them.

Loon

D @Dinoguy2 I saw your post on Facebook, yeah, it's really disappointing that these figures are just so wonky when it comes to scale. That combined with the space and money required to keep up, I don't think I'm going to be getting more moving forward.

It's a bit of a shame, because BOTM is what got me into collecting, but, I don't know, I really have lost all interest in it.

Carnoking

Another Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian has arrived, this time it's the Styracosaurus! This is my third from the series and is the last of the wave one figures I had an initial interest in. Honestly, I think I still like the Zuniceratops more. I need some time to fiddle with this one to see what kind of poses I can make, but just from an initial impression, some of the joints feel looser and there are a lot of areas of shoddy paint on mine. Still, it's pretty awesome!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking My congratulations on your new acquisition is a fairly colorful and fairly well sculpted figure by the Beast of the Mesozoic ceratopsid group is without a doubt one of the "strong" figures of this first commercialized group. For my part, finally!

The Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences informed me on Friday that some new items from Collecta 2020 were already available (second hello) and Schleich's mosasaurus and brontosaurus (I still need the kaprosuchus and the two pterosaurs). On Sunday I bought the following figures from Collecta and Schleich that I am going to list. Collecta's invertebrates are some of the most beautiful on the collectible / toy dinosaur market and I am not exaggerating they are much larger than I imagined,

The anmonite pleuroceras is very well sculpted and the shell painting is the highlight of my part.

The belemnite is superior in its workmanship and finish to its Bullyland counterpart by far, magnificent prehistoric squid.

The horseshoe crab is super detailed and what stands out the most is that even the lower part is in detail sculpted, it is perhaps the best figure of the group by far.

Orthoceras is a beautiful figure but the painting is a bit neglected for another one is less voluminous than I would like said figure to be.

Nautilus is a beautiful figure but it happens as with the pleuroceras anmonite that this figure does not stand up by its own forces that did not happen to the figures of invertebrate with hard shell of Bullyland.

Redlichia red trilobit is much more voluminous and beautiful than I expected it is without a doubt superior to its counterpart from Bullyland it is even superior to the mini figure from Collecta.

The lisowicia bojani, "My God " is the best figure of all, no wonder he was chosen by the prestigious Prehistoric Times magazine as the best non-dinosaur animal this past year. It is immense and heavy, it is made of maize PVC, on the other hand, it is hardly noticeable that it has an articulated jaw. Honestly, this mammalian reptile doesn't need any repainting. It is the most beautiful non-prehistoric animal figure that I have in my collection along with the paraceratherium from iToy and megaloceros from Papo.

The saltriovenator Amazing! It is without a doubt superior in repainting and sculpture to its Collecta counterpart, it is immense. In my case I prefer to keep it with the plastic packaging base.

Caviramus is without a doubt much better to have it physically than to see it in photographs. The various photographs circulating by the various DTF collectors and the videos of that beautiful pterosaur are doing him no favors. the painting of the pterosaur is much better than I imagined judging from the photographs and I honestly highlight the green color of the painting. It is the rarest pterosaur I have in my collection to date. It is a mixture of a pterosaur and a bat. It is highly recommended.

The megalodon is perhaps the best I have in my collection and superior to its Safari and Favorite counterparts and even PNSO standard version. even if he would have been glad he had a third row of spare teeth. The battle marks are very well sculpted and overall it is the best megalodon figure I have in my collection alongside the vinyl version of PNSO. Unfortunately the allosaurus and mapusaurus have not yet received it in the store.

Schleich's mosasaurus is extremely large, it is as long as the megalodon although it is not bulky, together with the brontosaurus they leave their counterparts pachycephalosaurus and ceratosaurus to shame, sincerely it is better to have it physically than in figure and I can say that this year Schleich also he has done a great job. The only flaw I see in that figure is his eyes.

The brontosaurus is as long as the megalodon but much more voluminous but on the other hand seeing the general sculpture and especially the sculpture of the head is superior to all the versions of its counterpart in its species and of the same brand of Schleich's apatosaurus . It is the best sauropod made by this company from Schleich. Honestly this year has been a remarkable year for Schleich and although they are focused on an audience that are not collectors,

I have to admit that both figures, mosasaurus and brontosaurus are ideal figures for undemanding collectors like me.

Take care, everyone, and be positive, the covid-19 has its days numbered with vaccines!

ceratopsian

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, that is an excellent set of purchases. The Lisowicia is a gem. I knew that you would love it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: