News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations for all your "retro" figures and my double congratulations for having acquired the Play Visions figures are very difficult to find in the market, some of them I acquired thanks to the generous management of members and friends of DTF such as UK among others . That Wild Republic glytodon is great. I have been to buy it several times in repeated years in the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid and I have never acquired it and yet for me it is the best glyptodon in the entire market, for me it is superior to its Invicta counterpart. I'm glad for you.

PrimevalRaptor

Finally stumbled upon Papo's Ceratosaurus in the wild, this one's been on my want list for ages, probably one of their best theropods and it's just super refreshing to see a non-reddish Ceratosaurus.

Compared to some other Papo models you can really appreciate the natural pose.

Roselaar

I'm very glad you liked them, avatar_Duna @Duna ! And I'm happy they found a lovely home! :)

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your ceratosaurus, it is a beautiful figure of Papo although I honestly prefer other versions of other companies.

Fembrogon

Nice catch, avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420; the Cryo is one of my favorite Battat figures, too, and probably the nicest of the four new figures which got released. I'm still sad Battat never bothered with the rest.

That's a neat haul again, avatar_Duna @Duna; the Playvisions amphibians and the Linde figurines look especially cool. You're right about the Kaiyodo minis, too; they're so good it's almost dangerous!

I had a box arrive today, which wasn't filled with toys, but it had the next best thing:

I ordered these two from Mike Fredericks of Prehistoric Times; the Sinclair book predates their Dinoland merchandise by as much as 30 years, but it makes for a neat little "prelude", in my opinion. The collectibles guide I had been eyeing for a while, but after all the researching I was doing on the Sinclair & Marx figures, I finally cracked down and got it. I think it will fit nicely alongside the Marx Playsets guide in my collection.

Mellow Stego

So I heard that pnso was gonna stop making the minis...

I might have panic...
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Nice collection of books and dinosaurs respectively.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 08, 2021, 10:13:42 AM
avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Nice collection of books and dinosaurs respectively.

Same. I am consistently astonished about what you folks are amassing collecting :) . In this time of struggle, uncertainty and complexity collecting dinosaur toys and models is  still one of the most satisfying and calming things to do. :)

I like and have got the Collector´s Guide as well; it is outdated but still an interesting read.

CityRaptor

Keep Calm And Collect Dinosaurs
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

awesome hauls everyone!
and i finally got the PNSO Parasaurolophus and Pachycephalosaurus

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SidB

SRF

Quote from: sauroid on July 11, 2021, 05:44:34 PM
awesome hauls everyone!
and i finally got the PNSO Parasaurolophus and Pachycephalosaurus

Congrats. Those are two lovely figures, still among my favorite PNSO figures in my collection.
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

avatar_sauroid @sauroid My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. Honestly, the new PNSO figures are a pending issue for all of us who are collectors. Thanks for sharing those photos.

Primeval12

$1 each at Goodwill. The Brachiosaurus is really growing on me, IDK why. I also LOVE the T. Rex. It's kinda gonna fit the role of Daspletosaurus in my collection IG. The Skull seems about right! So happy to have both.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

You know Safari Ltd have released a very lovely Daspletosaurus right?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions. They are figures that I like a lot, especially because of their conservative coloring, even a slightly "retro" paint color.

Primeval12

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 13, 2021, 09:01:39 AM
You know Safari Ltd have released a very lovely Daspletosaurus right?

I really don't like it. IDK why but something about it is off to me.

Stegotyranno420

Most are kind of wierd , if only if there was a way to combine them and make a great daspletosaurus

SidB

You won't get a better Daspletosaurus for the money ($15 USD) than Doug Watson's Safari figure. Unlike Schleich, his figures are highly researched for accuracy.

SidB

Quote from: Primeval12 on July 13, 2021, 03:13:49 AM
$1 each at Goodwill. The Brachiosaurus is really growing on me, IDK why. I also LOVE the T. Rex. It's kinda gonna fit the role of Daspletosaurus in my collection IG. The Skull seems about right! So happy to have both.

Sure can't beat the prices! I like these figures too, esp the subadult T-rex, which could stand in for a Daspleto in a pinch.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: