News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Striking! BTW, from my perspective, I find that seeing seams on the hollow PNSO aquatic figures has become so commonplace by now that I find that I'm hardly even noticing them, let alone being too annoyed by their presence. It is a worthy addition to the pond.

Fembrogon

My items from the Safari ltd website sale came in. Although I already have the original version of the feathered T. rex, I think I like the Dino Dan variant as well, and the first figure is in storage right now anyway. I wouldn't mind Safari doing more colorways of existing models if they needed a cheaper option for more figures - provided they stuck to the newer, better models in their catalogue and didn't replace brand-new figure slots.
The Edmonto is lovely, and the Spino is nice and BEEG. The hind feet do look better in person, too.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

A lovely trio of yellow from Safari Ltd, very nice figures all.

I have had 3 deliveries this week relating to this. Firstly, from Everything Dinosaur, I got the with base version of Rajasaurus as I prefer models that can stand up over ones that keep falling over. Also picked up a CollectA Alioramus which I will be feathering up, hopefully this weekend.

Second delivery, was from eBay, I bought a Mattel Jurassic World toy, of Mussaurus. I will only ever buy Mattel when they make Triassic and/or Permian animals that no one else has made that I can get hold of. That only. So if Safari doesn't release a Lystrosaurus next year, I may end up buying a Dominion one, which I'm assuming they will be doing.

No photos of the 3rd delivery, it was from ED again, a CollectA small Baryonyx and Fukuiraptor. The Baryonyx will be modified slightly to represent Riparovenator (I expect CollectA will likely do a Ceratosuchops for 2023 or thereabouts, but won't do both so will make one). The Fukuiraptor will be modified a little to attempt a nicer looking Eustreptospondylus than their current offfering. In addition to these and the feathering up of Alioramus, I also plan to repaint the T rex hatchling, touch up the paint on my Albertosaurus, and do something to Apatosaurus hands.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Delisaurus Steven

My most recent haul traveled all the way to Ohio from Australia! Normally I try to avoid international orders, but at the price this lot was being offered I couldn't pass it up. It included a couple of personal grails, (the Toyway WWD Allosaurus and Carnegie Camarasaurus) and a lot of other great figures! The Invicta Cetiosaurus is missing the tip of his tail and the Battat Utahraptor is missing the tip of its toe claw, but otherwise everything is in great condition. There were several other Carnegie figures included as well, but since they were all duplicates for me (with worse paint than the ones I already have) they will not be making it into the collection. You never know what you'll find while perusing eBay!

SidB

Terrific classics, avatar_Delisaurus Steven @Delisaurus Steven , you know quality.

Fembrogon

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I like the Mussaurus; I got one a couple of years ago and it's a cute critter.

avatar_Delisaurus Steven @Delisaurus Steven that's an excellent haul! I think I saw that listing mentioned somewhere recently; it's good to see thise figures secured!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi  My congratulations on your new acquisition, that PNSO cretoxyrhina is better than I imagined, the only thing that spoils it is its sewing.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on having three of the best Safari dinosaurs on the market from my honest point of view. I would like that in Europe they commercialize that feathered tyrannosaurus rex in its new version of paint.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  My congratulations on your rajasaurus and your new Mattel figure. It is appreciated that Collecta makes untreated dinosaurs in many cases in most toy dinosaur companies such as that rajasaurus.

avatar_Delisaurus Steven @Delisaurus Steven  My congratulations on all your new acquisitions, all of them discontinued. Enjoy your collection!

Roselaar

Bunch of new additions, mostly ancient sea life and a very misplaced and thus visibly startled Chilesaurus:

Libraraptor

I do actually like that startled Chilesaurus! Congrats, everybody on your acquisitions!

Duck

New stuff from Safari LTD.
I got these from the Houston Museum of Natural Science. It was nice to buy figures in person again!
I'm not ashamed to admit the Camarsaurus is one of my new favorites.

He who dwells in pond

Gwangi

No shame is admitting that avatar_Duck @Duck, Camarasaurus is one of my favorite sauropods and Safari's represents it nicely. Congrats on your pickups!

Fembrogon

I further concur, avatar_Duck @Duck; the Safari Camarasaurus is a very hefty and satisfying hunk of PVC. It just might be one of Safari's best in recent years, and that's saying something!

Well, I had another delivery of my own arrive today. My Aliexpress PNSO order arrived early!

Lambeosaurus looks a little out of place in this bunch, I admit.  :)) Nonetheless, all of these figures are lovely. A couple of them have some warping which will need fixing, but they seem to have evaded any obvious paint slop, and the sculpting is excellent on all of them; they're a delight to handle. I doubled the size of my PNSO collection with this lot; it feels good to build the bestiary!

SidB

Splendid haul! I have to admit that I found the Lambeosaurus impossible to resist, it's one of the most striking hadrosaurs ever made.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar  My congratulations, beautiful additions to your collection, the invertebrates of Collecta are irresistible and the same can be said of the prehistoric fish xiphactinus of Collecta and dunkleoteus of Mojo and the chilesaurus of Papo that although it has had unfortunate critics is one of the most beautiful figures that I have in my collection and apart from that it is a very little treated figure and very represented by Papo.

avatar_Duck @Duck  My congratulations, sincerely, I am more interested in sauropods such as the camarasaurus or malawisaurus than the classic sauropods and also my congratulations on your ceratosaurus.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on all your new PNSO acquisitions are all of them wonderful sincerely PNSO is perfecting itself day by day in making quality prehistoric marine animals, the PNSO cretoxyrhina has some very good sculptural details. I'm glad for you. The PNSO lambeosaurus is my favorite of all the ones I have of this species in my collection.

Shonisaurus

I had forgotten to mention that last Tuesday I also acquired the elasmosaurus from PNSO I send the photograph and more photos in the Shonisaurus Collection for those who do not know.

Fembrogon

Nice catch, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus; I really need to catch up on CollectA's marine animals.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Thank you is a highly recommended figure of a prehistoric reptile. It's a pretty scientific version of that prehistoric animal. Highly recommended. I also have to catch up on PNSO marine prehistoric animals in my case, for example.

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon That is a serious haul right there! I need to get the Cretoxyrhina, it looks great.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Very nice Elasmosaurus, I had no idea that figure existed.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Thank you for your words, if the elasmosaurus is in the Collecta catalog for 2021, it is a highly recommended figure. It is extremely beautiful despite its size it is so great that the Deluxe figures from Collecta or dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals with a reasonable size.

need4swede

The real trick is going to be fitting them under the Christmas tree...
Hoping to bribe my son into playing with dinosaurs...by giving him more dinosaurs  ;D

1969 Shelby GT500 for scale

- Swede

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: