News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Is aliexpress a good place to order from?

Started by Toasaurus, August 04, 2018, 03:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toasaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 06, 2018, 03:32:30 PM
Quote from: Toasaurus on August 06, 2018, 12:44:11 PM
ok fine ill put canada inthe discription abut please have anyone tell me what the customs limit to items are in canada

..maybe it could help you... :

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/courier/menu-eng.html

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/courier/lvs-efv/prsn-eng.html

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d8/d8-2-2-eng.html
ok thanks i just read it and its said if the valie is $20 cad or under there is no duties on it and everyone clearly said that illiegal awhich mean aliexpress wont do it form what everyone is saying which mean. Why bother if i cant request it to be marked at $20 cause then im a law breaker so unless there is a way to convince aliexpress to mark the value at $20 then i cant cause everyone says its illegal which mean no even thiugh everything dinosaur does it and minizoo does it dont rat them out

stegosauria

I would say if the taxes aren't to high and probably they wouldn't ask much for the new small figures then thinking around in circles about them doesn't worth. It will be easier if you remain honest with this.

RobinGoodfellow

..well, I think you have all the infos you need; it's up to you now..
:)

Toasaurus

Quote from: stegosauria on August 06, 2018, 05:00:16 PM
I would say if the taxes aren't to high and probably they wouldn't ask much for the new small figures then thinking around in circles about them doesn't worth. It will be easier if you remain honest with this.
ok i just dont make much and im worried when they arrive and if they have a "ransome" i might not have the money

ITdactyl

Your taxes should only be 5% of the value above $20CAD unless you're in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario or Prince Edward Island - then the tax will be 13% of the value above $20CAD.

As an example, if your total (declared on the package) is $30USD - that will be converted to CAD (around $39).  That means 19$CAD of the total value will be taxed (either 5% or 13% depending on your address/province).

Aside from the tax, you'll also be asked to pay either $5CAD if the item was sent through regular mail, or $8CAD if sent through priority mail.

*computations will be different if you and the seller agree on a different shipping method.

Toasaurus

Quote from: ITdactyl on August 06, 2018, 09:47:48 PM
Your taxes should only be 5% of the value above $20CAD unless you're in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario or Prince Edward Island - then the tax will be 13% of the value above $20CAD.

As an example, if your total (declared on the package) is $30USD - that will be converted to CAD (around $39).  That means 19$CAD of the total value will be taxed (either 5% or 13% depending on your address/province).

Aside from the tax, you'll also be asked to pay either $5CAD if the item was sent through regular mail, or $8CAD if sent through priority mail.

*computations will be different if you and the seller agree on a different shipping method.
idk i live in British Columbia idk what its at

stegosauria

5% or 13%+5 CAD sounds really friendly. The Hungarian post above 22 euro (including shipping) won't ask taxes  'just' 27%VAT plus circa 9 USD as handling fee (that's simply robbery). In your case Toasaurus I wouldn't worry about that much unless you buy a whole herd of dinosaurs. I hope your dinos will arrive in perfect condition.

tanystropheus

I just got the Zhejiangopterus by mail today from AliExpress as a test order.

AliExpress is totally legit. The shipping, besides being cheap, is relatively fast. It says it was going to deliver in like 30-40 days but it arrived in like 2 weeks.

Toasaurus

Quote from: stegosauria on August 06, 2018, 11:36:10 PM
5% or 13%+5 CAD sounds really friendly. The Hungarian post above 22 euro (including shipping) won't ask taxes  'just' 27%VAT plus circa 9 USD as handling fee (that's simply robbery). In your case Toasaurus I wouldn't worry about that much unless you buy a whole herd of dinosaurs. I hope your dinos will arrive in perfect condition.
yeah about that i wanna get tr sinraptor wheurhosaurus te ptrerosaur and the ankylosaur all together cause its cheaper on shipping thats why im worried about the dities if i order all of then together thats why i should have mentioned that lol

stegosauria

Quote from: Toasaurus on August 07, 2018, 12:40:12 AM
yeah about that i wanna get tr sinraptor wheurhosaurus te ptrerosaur and the ankylosaur all together cause its cheaper on shipping thats why im worried about the dities if i order all of then together thats why i should have mentioned that lol

I just tried for you on aliexpress: all 4 figures are 92,29 CAD and you can choose free shipping. Then if it's right your tax will be 5% that will be 4, 61 CAD plus 5 or 8 CAD for the Canadian post. So you have to pay around 10-13 CAD. I think that sounds pretty good.

ITdactyl

There you go.  Happy hunting.

Toasaurus

Quote from: stegosauria on August 07, 2018, 12:57:02 AM

I just tried for you on aliexpress: all 4 figures are 92,29 CAD and you can choose free shipping. Then if it's right your tax will be 5% that will be 4, 61 CAD plus 5 or 8 CAD for the Canadian post. So you have to pay around 10-13 CAD. I think that sounds pretty good.
ok but is there tracking cause idk if my order will be that fast

stegosauria

Quote from: Toasaurus on August 07, 2018, 01:37:22 AM

If you look at one of model's site under the pictures you can see the Product Detail but switch that to Shipping and Payment. There you can see the shipment possibilities. Under the chart there are notices and there it's written that China Post Air Mail and 3 other related services may not be tracked but you will have Buyer Protection so if the package will be lost you will be refund. If you want tracking best to ask the seller and coincidently the Contact Now link is just right to the chart. Sorry I don't have more experience with them because a week ago I didn't even know about this site.

Toasaurus

Quote from: stegosauria on August 07, 2018, 03:32:38 AM
Quote from: Toasaurus on August 07, 2018, 01:37:22 AM

If you look at one of model's site under the pictures you can see the Product Detail but switch that to Shipping and Payment. There you can see the shipment possibilities. Under the chart there are notices and there it's written that China Post Air Mail and 3 other related services may not be tracked but you will have Buyer Protection so if the package will be lost you will be refund. If you want tracking best to ask the seller and coincidently the Contact Now link is just right to the chart. Sorry I don't have more experience with them because a week ago I didn't even know about this site.
ok so its from sellers not aliexpress them selves the figures im talking about and is ti like ordering off every other website or is it completecated like taobao i only say this cause ali express is a Chinese company

RobinGoodfellow

Aliexpress is a global website where different sellers from China can offer items worldwide.
It's quite like Ebay (without auction).
So your order goes to a specific seller while Aliexpress is checking that the transaction could be fine for the buyer.
For any communication, the buyer must send a note directly to the seller ( that's clearly visible on the product's page).
If something goes wrong, you can contact the seller first; if you'll need more help then you can contact Aliexpress.
Just like Ebay.
I've been using Aliexpress for years now without problems.
The free shipping option is quite slow but I never had a package lost by the chinese postal service.
Often items from China went to me without any Customs tax.
From what I know, Aliexpress is reliable.

Halichoeres

The people in this thread are saints, honestly.

avatar_Toasaurus @Toasaurus. I'm aware of your location, having shipped to you on multiple occasions (this was a memorable experience, and I mean that euphemistically). I was responding to other people's questions, which should be clear from the fact that I noted it was off topic. Your response was needlessly rude.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Toasaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 08, 2018, 03:09:57 AM

avatar_Toasaurus @Toasaurus. I'm aware of your location, having shipped to you on multiple occasions (this was a memorable experience, and I mean that euphemistically). I was responding to other people's questions, which should be clear from the fact that I noted it was off topic. Your response was needlessly rude.
your right im sorry i know were all trying to help i was just stressed and frustrated thats all i didnt mean to be rude i have autism so when i get stressed and worry about everything andever mineute detail i am deeply sorry i hope avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres and the rest of you for give me  for being a jerk cause ive been nothing but horrible on this forum

Toasaurus

Quote from: Toasaurus on August 08, 2018, 03:16:23 AM

your right im sorry i know were all trying to help i was just stressed and frustrated thats all i didnt mean to be rude i have autism so when i get stressed and worry about everything andever mineute detail i am deeply sorry i hope you can all for give me cause ive been nothing but horrible on this forum
i dont deserve you kindness :(

mgaguilar

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres, thank you for saying what I had not the courage to say.

avatar_Toasaurus @Toasaurus, try not to stress yourself out about what is supposed to be a hobby to bring you entertainment and pleasure. That is the exact opposite of what your collection is supposed to do. And please read other individual's comments before posting redundant questions. I almost blocked this thread and the Taobao one for the unnecessary posts.

Toasaurus

Hey everyone i just want to apologize to everyone in the thread i didnt mean to get angry at you i am deeply sorry for treating you that way i know you were trying to hell and i was stressed i know that i
Shouldnt  but i have autism and i usally worry about every possible negitive outcome and i get stressed and lash out i am trying not to but its extremely hard for me and im deeply sorry for failing to do that im i hope everyone in the thread can forgive me for being a jerk im sorry if everyone in the thread hates. Me now :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: