News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

for a second before I kept scrolling down I thought it might be legit. They've sold small ferns, and simple crates with like apples/hay for their farm series after all. I thought maybe it could be like a fallen tree trunk for part of a future play set or something. :D

ItsTwentyBelow

I just picked up the 2019 Spinosaurus at the local Fred Meyer. They've had them out on the shelf for about a month now, and I decided I just couldn't pass it up any longer! Made sure it had a good enough paint app first, I HATE googley eyes on a figure.

Very pleased with this guy. I like having just one representative 1:35-1:40 figure of each species in my collection, so I chose this Spinosaurus over the Collecta and new Safari versions, as I feel it is the best. The limbs just look...so natural the way they are sculpted. Those forelimbs! The proportions all around are great in my opinion. Yes, the teeth are a tad blunt, but they do not detract.

It's incredible to think this was produced by Schleich. I have their very first blue quadruped Spinosaurus from 1993, which wasn't a terrible Spino figure for its time, but now we have come full circle back to a similar pose, now with a much sharper idea of how the animal looked.

Shonisaurus

In this page of Schleich in Spanish language indicates that the diabloceratops and other figures will be available from July 19, the links where it can be seen that the diabloceratops and other figures (dracorex, plesiosaurus and puppy of giganotosaurus) can be visualized with a 360º turn I pass by way of example the link of the diabloceratops. If we except the plesiosaurus of Schleich the other figures are excellent PVC sculptures, I pass the link as an example the diabloceratops,

https://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/dinosaurs/products/diabloceratops-15015.html

Flaffy

Funny how the "juvenile Giga" looks more like an actual Giganotosaurus than all the adult versions.

CityRaptor

Same with their juvenile Rex.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

terrorchicken

meh, I call bull on them ever being meant to be juvies, I think they were alternative sculpts that were rejected b/c they weren't "monsterous" enough. ;D

japfeif

Quote from: PhilSauria on August 13, 2018, 10:47:52 PM
Hmmm. Not sure if I should be exited or anxious about some of these choices - Schleich being Schleich these could go either way - the cartoonish creations of old or something along the lines of their more recent releases such as the Triceratops and Psittacosaurus. The Giganotosaurus has not been well served by this company in the past so fingers crossed that they make amends with this one. Surely it could not be any worse than that travesty from Mojo?! (he says hoping that he's not tempting fate).

Hey, random question: just curious, are these new figures still part of the "Conquering the Earth" series (starting from a few years ago we had "World of History", the The First Giants", then "Conquering the Earth", but hadn't heard of any series names since).

Or has Schleich stopped categorizing their figures into series?

No worries either way, just wondering. For the last couple years I had not heard of any new series names for their new figures.

Takama

Quote from: japfeif on July 10, 2019, 11:53:11 PM
Quote from: PhilSauria on August 13, 2018, 10:47:52 PM
Hmmm. Not sure if I should be exited or anxious about some of these choices - Schleich being Schleich these could go either way - the cartoonish creations of old or something along the lines of their more recent releases such as the Triceratops and Psittacosaurus. The Giganotosaurus has not been well served by this company in the past so fingers crossed that they make amends with this one. Surely it could not be any worse than that travesty from Mojo?! (he says hoping that he's not tempting fate).

Hey, random question: just curious, are these new figures still part of the "Conquering the Earth" series (starting from a few years ago we had "World of History", the The First Giants", then "Conquering the Earth", but hadn't heard of any series names since).

Or has Schleich stopped categorizing their figures into series?

No worries either way, just wondering. For the last couple years I had not heard of any new series names for their new figures.

They quit with the themes this year. new for 2019 figures now just have the Schleich Brand Tags, and nothing eles.

Also, for those Curious

Dracorex

Shonisaurus

It looks spectacular that figure to be the first Schleich pachycephalosaurus is as good or better than other dracorex made by other brands. The pupils on the eyes look very natural. The colors of the figure are very striking but they fit well to be a figure of Schleich with a repaint of Martin Garratt would leave this figure and today by itself outstanding with the current painting to an apotheosis. Thanks for sharing those Takama photos.

Jose S.M.

That looks pretty nice. I would have toned down the purple a bit, mostly on the limbs, but it doesn't looks bad for such an unusual color on a dinosaur.

Fenestra

^^ I agree.
Not a fan of the colours, but I don't hate them either.
Sometimes Schleich gives us lemons, (yes, I'm looking at you Plesiosaurus!)  :o
and sometimes little gems like this Dracorex.
And when a figure can even withstand the harsh lightning of flash photography, you know it's a winner!  ;D

Shonisaurus

By the way, does anyone have Schleich's diabloceratops? It would be interesting to see Schleich's diabloceratops with comparative photos with their Safari and Collecta counterparts, I think it's the biggest diabloceratops on the toy market and PVC figures, except BoTM I suppose.

PhilSauria

Yeah that Dracorex is a definite for me, odd that Mini Zoo here don't have it listed yet, they are usually pretty quick to pick up the new Schleichs.

Haven't really gone out of my way to pick up many "boneheads" but one way or another I find I have a small herd slowly rising in number. Two from Mattel recently, a curious no-brand but well made from Ali Express (currently on its way to me) and now this. I'd like the Mattel Pachy but don't like my chances of getting hold of one of those (yet another of the long list not sold here).

ceratopsian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 11, 2019, 02:54:27 PM
By the way, does anyone have Schleich's diabloceratops? It would be interesting to see Schleich's diabloceratops with comparative photos with their Safari and Collecta counterparts, I think it's the biggest diabloceratops on the toy market and PVC figures, except BoTM I suppose.

Not yet!  I plan to buy one though.

Renecito

Awesome Dracorex!!! I really want it. Schleich is following CollectA path.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

tanystropheus

It definitely looks like a CollectA except without the stupid base and with magical rainbow Papo colors! :))

The pictures don't do the Dracorex justice. If you look at the video you will notice that it is a thing of beauty and a "must have". We should all support Schleich's commendable efforts and newfound direction in life. I have the WS Dracorex but the Schleich version has a more organic pose (the colors are equally strange but they both seem to work).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Yj4SKh0tY

Schleich's on a roll with a significantly improved Giganoto, superb Spino, a well crafted Diablo, relatively true-to-illustration Dimorphodon as well as the excellent Demogorgon, Psittacosaurus and Oviraptor from the previous year..

On the flip side, their Animatrix is decent but the tail is oddly stubby and the Plesiosaurus...is a cute bath toy and nothing more.

CityRaptor

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 13, 2019, 09:55:12 AM
magical rainbow Papo colors! :))
Well, if Schleich went for that, it would look like that:

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 13, 2019, 09:55:12 AM
the excellent Demogorgon

I dunno. It looks way off. Neither looks like the modern reconstruction:

Nor the classic one:

Fun aside, Schleich really seems to be to improving. Well at least some figures. They still keep a lot of their bad figures around and make new ones, too. Like the Plesiosaurus and the Giganotosaurus repaint.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

I understand that Schleich with his new figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals can talk about him on equal terms with companies like Safari, Collecta or Papo. On the other hand remains to mention the diabloceratops that by the way is much better than the promotional images and perhaps one of the best toy diabloceratops made to date you can see his review in this great video of Andy "Dinosaur Reviews that happened to members of DTF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlYPHSSintY

As you can see the diabloceratops even outperforms other toy homologous figures. I have no words for this brilliant figure, he leaves in shame other figures of Schleich ceraptósidos although it is necessary to mention that also his triceratops of Schleich current along with other figures as tyrannosaurus adult and juvenile of Schleich should be mentioned by their beauty as figures of collection and toy (for the younger generations).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: