News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 20, 2018, 06:13:29 PM
Quote from: Takama on November 20, 2018, 06:07:06 PM
I just hope these are not ALL thats being released.

Be a Disapointing year for me if it is, from Papo.

In my case, I'm honestly satisfied with what Papo reveals, even if they are two repainted dinosaurs, for a simple reason, as I read, we are about to fall into another global economic crisis and we will still need that money to be able to eat. It is not to be doomsayers but in this life we must settle for those who offer us in this case Papo if it offers two repainted only will have to accept it. In my case, I do not complain that this would be an economic saving that we would all appreciate.

See the product numbers? They are 55075 and 55078.
This means there are at least two new prehistoric figures for 2019 ;) .

Syndicate Bias

Well if its just two then they must be big.

suspsy

If Papo is indeed rereleasing the brown Running Rex at mass retail, then my heart goes out to all the folk who have shelled out up to $500 for one in the past.  :-\
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Minmiminime

Quote from: suspsy on November 20, 2018, 09:16:37 PM
If Papo is indeed rereleasing the brown Running Rex at mass retail, then my heart goes out to all the folk who have shelled out up to $500 for one in the past.  :-\

My thoughts exactly 😱 I'm hoping they've ditched that rainbow scheme for good, and the Allosaurus isn't going to end up in it 😹 It's still my favourite Paposaur by far as it is (though I am lucky to have an early product)! I'll be most surprised if it proves to be a whole new Allosaurus sculpt, I'm not optimistic as I think the current one is probably quite a popular figure. It wouldn't be unprecedented given there are a couple of variants of the T. rex, but still...I'm not a fan of repaints, though it has worked well for the Acrocanthosaurus and the Baryonyx could certainly do with a jolly good reworking😈
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

Is the same thing that happened to those who did the same for the PNSO Meg

Gwangi

lol, mine doesn't. That's a ridiculous price to pay for a simple color variant.

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on November 21, 2018, 01:21:04 AM

You'll get no argument from me there, but the collector's mentality enslaves many a man. Especially when they're convinced that an item is super rare and valuable, which the BRR certainly is. Or was. We shall see.

It shall be a tremendous disappointment if Papo is indeed releasing yet another version of that mould. If they're so fond of T. rex, then they should make an all-new version.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Agreed.

As someone who's overpayed for things in the past, that is the action we should be sympathetic towards. We all make purchases we regret, whether that's buying something we didn't really want or paying more than we should have for something we did want.

Feeling sorry for someone who overpaid for something because that thing is now easily available at a lower price, is in itself inherently unsympathetic to the majority who did not buy one at that price, and only serves to make excuses for those kinds of buying decisions, and for scalpers who charge prices like these.

LeapingLaelaps

Agreed, tbh.

postsaurischian

:o $500!! (I paid $200 for the Sideshow Krentz model.)
      Sorry to say that's a case of exorbitant exaggeration.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on November 20, 2018, 06:07:06 PM
I just hope these are not ALL thats being released.

Be a Disapointing year for me if it is, from Papo.

Don't worry this happens every year. Papo generally announces two batches/sets of dinosaurs.

Last year, they announce a few figures. Folks say, "worst Papo year ever"  (e.g. baby spino, cave man, Polacanthus or some repaint)

Then they announce a few more. Folks say, "best Papo year ever" (e.g. Theri, Compy, Iguano, Quetz and Acro repaint)

Syndicate Bias

They are taking awfully long this time. ED said a few weeks its about to be a month in 2 days from said post.

I get papo does it usually in december but theres been more hints than this by this time around. Then again they tske ages to get the models in full production so i guess its fine anyways

Saurox

Any release of a new brown running T. rex will count as a separate variant. Different number and date mark.

To a serious collector having the limited 2012 release still means. completion. A new release that is similar doesn't change that :)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sentry on November 21, 2018, 12:00:37 PM
Any release of a new brown running T. rex will count as a separate variant. Different number and date mark.

To a serious collector having the limited 2012 release still means. completion. A new release that is similar doesn't change that :)

Hopefully that is the case because it is only to pull the hair. Although in my case the purchase of this product was a member of the Pako forum was quite affordable, but it would still be frustrating for Papo to launch a figure in 2012 in limited units and then market it seven years later for a minimum price. It would be a tease on Papo's part.

postsaurischian

I think it does.
See what some Battat figures cost before their re-release and after!
Even the Diplodocus had been dropping about 50% for as long as people thought there'd be a new version.

Acro's comics

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 21, 2018, 12:50:36 PM

I think it does.
See what some Battat figures cost before their re-release and after!
Even the Diplodocus had been dropping about 50% for as long as people thought there'd be a new version.

I disagree personally, I think there is something to be said for 'the original' as a 'vintage collectable' rather than the new rehash/release.

Not that I think that will make any difference to a lot of collectors who, lets be honest, have most likely been eager for this re-release.

personally, , I do feel a bit put out if we are getting it 'instead of a new model' :/

Mini Minmi

I used to look out for Papo's new releases once or twice a year, sometimes once every few years, whenever I thought of it. Now I keep coming back to this thread. What has this forum done to me! Haha  :P

Syndicate Bias

Just a lil update so far. Everything Dinosaur just posted the new Special offer with the 2018 Acro and Compy. The thread has been updated

Minmiminime

I've actually just seen this set in a local department store! They've sneaked that one out very quietly
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: