News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

Quote from: dragon53 on June 25, 2019, 12:43:37 AM
For overall size among current Papo dinosaurs, I think the Brachiosaurus is the biggest---but the new Spinosaurus might replace it. When it is released, a side by side comparison would be interesting.

I forgot about the brachio! yeah that would probably be the current size champ among the Papos.

Atokensis

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 15, 2019, 02:47:56 PM
If you have a pair of Pentaceratops, you can also have them mate/mount! This is the most epic thing Papo has ever done! :o

Think of the possibilities:

1. Charging Pentaceratops
2. Excited Pentaceratops
3. (sexually) Excited Pentaceratops

I'm curious to see what a pair of Pentaceratops ramming into one another & mating would look like. If anyone plan on getting a pair of Penta's, please see if these poses are possible and pictures. I may even end up ordering a second Pentaceratops later on.

As for the Stegosaurus, it's only a repaint and I have never been a fan of the sculpt. I sincerely hope Papo makes a new Stegosaurus (and new Triceratops, Ankylosaurus and Parasaurolophus) or at least another Stegosaurid like Kentrosaurus or Miragaia later down the line.

Atokensis

I'll leave these images here in case anyone missed it

oscars_dinos

these photos just made the new guy one of my favorite papos

Shonisaurus

Fenestra

Rearing, or standing on all 4 (3) legs....The pose of this Pentaceratops is "Too much drama!" for me.  ;D
The paint job is killer though!

Atokensis

Quote from: Fenestra on June 26, 2019, 10:26:02 PM
The paint job is killer though!

So is the wait (been 7 friggin' months) :)) I heard it releases around June/July and the Stego is already out, so any time now for Penta/Gorgo!
Then wait again until October for the limited Spinosaurus.
*Then repeat cycle for 2020 releases*

Andreioli

Well, while we're still waiting for the new Pentaceratops and Gorgosaurus, this person in China, has got them for some time and already applied a custom paint scheme to the Pentaceratops:
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6182877730
I think the original one is great enough as it is but then again, he/she likes to customize their figures as can be seen in the group shots.

Atokensis

Damn, that repaint and those images... so beautiful.

Shonisaurus

Honestly for my taste that repainting of Papo pentaceratops ostensibly improves the figure itself, regardless that with the commercial paint scheme is surprisingly good.

On the other hand the gorgosaurus of Papo although they are of average size sincerely they leave me dazzled by their modeling and the most important thing finally a toy dinosaurs brand (that is not Favorite, Safari or Rebor) makes in a decent size a cousin of the tyrannosaurus rex I hope other brands follow his example.

jean

Hi , has anyone bought a new Papo brachiosaurus recently, I would like to know how the current production looks like

Atokensis

You can try e-mailing retailers like everythingdinosaur, dejankins, etc. to send you a photo of Brachiosaurus in their stock before deciding to purchase.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 04, 2019, 07:47:56 AM
Honestly for my taste that repainting of Papo pentaceratops ostensibly improves the figure itself, regardless that with the commercial paint scheme is surprisingly good.
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus - you are absolutely right. This is a seriously good repaint.

Atokensis

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Can anyone identify the sauropods in this (beside the Jobaria)?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Ikessauro

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 13, 2019, 06:23:21 PM

I think they are Sean Cooper Argentinosaurus and Tamiya Brachio.

RobinGoodfellow

Tamiya Brachiosaurus (the one on the left is Sean Cooper's Argentinosaurus)

(here it is, the small one..  ;) )

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 13, 2019, 06:32:58 PM

I don't think that's SC's Argentinosaurus. His is standing up on two
http://crecymodels.com/catalogue/argentinosaurus/

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on July 13, 2019, 07:09:05 PM

I don't think that's SC's Argentinosaurus. His is standing up on two
http://crecymodels.com/catalogue/argentinosaurus/

Quoted picture

..as I wrote in my reply, the one in the center is Tamiya Brachiosaurus (the small one in my picture) and stands on all fours:

The one on the left (on quoted picture) is Sean Cooper' Argentinosaurus and stands on two:

The one on the right (quoted picture) is Collecta Jobaria (on two)..

Syndicate Bias

ah i didnt scroll up i see

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: