News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Hopes & Dreams

Started by ZoPteryx, August 18, 2012, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajax

Quote from: pylraster on August 18, 2012, 08:16:49 AM
Serious lack of Edmontonia. The last decent one I know of is the Dino Riders version. Should Papo do this, it will be an instant hit.

The Collecta one is nice but just a bit small and has average paint scheme. If they made a 'delux' version it would be good.

ajax

As for my hopes,
Papo, Ceratosaurus and more ceratopsians.
Carnegie, New Rex and Jorbia and Battat inspired Diplo.
Collecta, Anything and everything.
Schleich, An original Idea.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 19, 2012, 10:44:52 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 19, 2012, 10:29:38 PM
Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 19, 2012, 10:27:44 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 19, 2012, 10:22:00 PM
Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 19, 2012, 08:37:53 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on August 19, 2012, 08:26:02 PM
Papo

-Chasmosaurus
-Kosmoceratops
-Einosaurus
-Giganotosaurus
-Carnotaurus
-Gallimimus
-Iguanodon
-Dimetrodon
-Kentrosaurus
-Protoceratops
-Quetzalcoatlus
-Corythosaurus
-Amargasaurus
-Edmontonia
-Spinosaurus (re-sculpt)
-Brown running T-rex (?)

Wild Safari

-Pentaceratops
-Dsungaripterus
-"rat croc"
-"pancake croc"
-Moschops
-Platybeledon

Carnegie

-Concavenator
-Mamenchisaurus (re-sculpt)
-Basilosaurus
-Suchomimus
-Maisaura with Nest (re-sculpt)

Collecta

-Diabloceratops
-Medusaceratops
-Augustinia (re-sculpt)
-Lexovisaurus (re-sculpt)
-Polacanthus (re-sculpt)
-Nothronychus (re-sculpt)
-Wuerhosaurus (re-sculpt)
-Jobaria (re-sculpt)

Schleich

-Sauropelta (re-sculpt)
-Saltasaurus (re-sculpt)
-Desmatosuchus (re-sculpt)
-Shonisaurus (repaint)
-Diplodocus

I don't think Carnegie did a Mamenchisaurus.
Actually, there is the Dinosaurs of China Mamenchisaurus, but I am not sure whether that was by Carnegie or Wild Safari.
It was Wild Safari's Dinosaurs of China toy line. I really want that Mamenchisaurus though! It would be sick to have a sauropod with a neck longer than its body! ;)
I have it, it is awesome, but very space consuming XD It takes up almost as much space as the Carnegie Diplo :)
I don't have the Diplo, but I know it's huge. My biggest dino toy is the Carnegie Apatosaurus. Where can I find the Mamenchisaurus?
eBay, or you could try asking around here. That's how I got mine :)

Dan

Quote from: SBell on August 20, 2012, 05:32:28 AM

And the DoC line was a separate run, sculpted by Eli Kish.  When the line ceased, the Mamenchi was offered as a Carnegie figure for a couple years (it was still available in 2008, but no longer).

Didn't know this, very interesting. I thought at least one DoC figure was done by Dan LoRusso, though. The Velociraptor, I believe.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Dan on August 21, 2012, 12:18:51 AM
Quote from: SBell on August 20, 2012, 05:32:28 AM

And the DoC line was a separate run, sculpted by Eli Kish.  When the line ceased, the Mamenchi was offered as a Carnegie figure for a couple years (it was still available in 2008, but no longer).

Didn't know this, very interesting. I thought at least one DoC figure was done by Dan LoRusso, though. The Velociraptor, I believe.
You could be right, it looks very different than the others, and he did do a few Safari figures ;)

Takama

This is a empty space for what I presume is an Allosaurus from Mojo .

Hobby Lobby is getting a few of Mojos 2013 goodies  this year 8), and this could be one of them. Before you ask, Yes im sure its Mojo. Its desplayd next to there little T-Rex as you can see.

I remember, Allosaurus was voted on the Facebook Poll, as well.

anyway, yay or nays are welcome :)

tyrantqueen

Um...not wanting to sound rude, but is there supposed to be a photo in your post Takama? :S I don't see anything...

Anyway, I won't expect anything decent from Mojo, judging from this year's Rex. Although miracles can happen, just look at CollectA XD

EDIT: I see it now :P From what I can see, it looks like it has that weird almost-tripod-posture that the old Schleich Rex had :/

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm all for more allosaurs..just hope it looks good.

Relating to my recent plight, I feel the need to add ..PLEASE we need MORE ornithomimids !

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 21, 2012, 06:14:14 AM
Um...not wanting to sound rude, but is there supposed to be a photo in your post Takama? :S I don't see anything...

Anyway, I won't expect anything decent from Mojo, judging from this year's Rex. Although miracles can happen, just look at CollectA XD

EDIT: I see it now :P From what I can see, it looks like it has that weird almost-tripod-posture that the old Schleich Rex had :/

That's the Mojo rex. Which pretty much sucks. But they seem to have a few things appearing soon--I've heard rumours of a Babirusa as well (also not listed anywhere by them).

Takama

Quote from: SBell on August 21, 2012, 07:37:39 PM

That's the Mojo rex. Which pretty much sucks. But they seem to have a few things appearing soon--I've heard rumours of a Babirusa as well (also not listed anywhere by them).

If you got that from STS. The Babirusa is not comeing to hobby lobby, I might of been that broght it up. but it turnd out to be a pirate figure instead.

morrijos

Based on some comments made by Safari Ltd. on Facebook and other social networking media, I would expect a Carnegie or Safari Archaeopteryx in 2013 or 2014.   

SBell

Quote from: Takama on August 21, 2012, 08:41:27 PM
Quote from: SBell on August 21, 2012, 07:37:39 PM

If you got that from STS. The Babirusa is not comeing to hobby lobby, I might of been that broght it up. but it turnd out to be a pirate figure instead.

It was on LG. BUT--if that one turned out to be a non-mojo, then it is possible about the allosaur as well. Nowhere on the pictured tag does it say anything about 'mojo'.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: jwmo on August 21, 2012, 11:11:23 PM
Based on some comments made by Safari Ltd. on Facebook and other social networking media, I would expect a Carnegie or Safari Archaeopteryx in 2013 or 2014.   

Would be really nice if it were a 1/1 replica like some of their animals. ;D

ZoPteryx

Oooh, I'd like that! ;D

Balaur

Quote from: Zopteryx on August 22, 2012, 05:15:33 PM

Oooh, I'd like that! ;D

Yeah! I wish they could repaint the Microraptor too, to the colour it really was, since we know it know now! But an Archaeopteryx would be freakin' amazing! A Yutyrannus and Sciurumimus are still on the list for me to be made by CollectA.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 22, 2012, 08:15:02 PM
Quote from: Zopteryx on August 22, 2012, 05:15:33 PM

Oooh, I'd like that! ;D

Yeah! I wish they could repaint the Microraptor too, to the colour it really was, since we know it know now! But an Archaeopteryx would be freakin' amazing! A Yutyrannus and Sciurumimus are still on the list for me to be made by CollectA.

I'm sure several of our artists here on the forums could assist you with a simple repaint like that. :)

Balaur

What about a Prehistoric Mammals toob that contained:
Propalaeotherium
Leptictidium
Europolemur
Entelodon
Hyracodon
Hyaenodon
Ramoceras
Thylacosmilus
Thalassocnus
Toxodon

That would be quite unique. Also, Carnegie should make some mores creatures from before or after the dinosaurs. They are becoming way to Mesozoic centric. I understand dinosaurs are awesome! But aren't there any fossils in the museum not from the Mesozoic with enough material to make Cenozoic or Palaeozoic fauna?

John

I predict that in 2013 there will be something plastic. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SBell

Quote from: John on August 27, 2012, 08:28:58 AM

I'm going to guess there will be non-phthalate PVC figures.

John

Quote from: SBell on August 27, 2012, 03:32:31 PM
Quote from: John on August 27, 2012, 08:28:58 AM

I'm going to guess there will be non-phthalate PVC figures.
Some will likely have the name of the animal stamped somewhere,and the words "Made in China" :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: