News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Desmostylus would certainly be nice, although I wonder if that would be too obscure even for CollectA. We'll just have to wait and see. I just hope they didn't make a woolly rhino.  :-\
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

A wolly rhino honestly would not interest me either when we have Safari's antiquitatis coelodonta, although an elasmotherium (one of my favorite prehistoric mammals) at a 1:20 scale would not be an important inconvenience for me.

terrorchicken

if we're talking mammals Ive  been wanting a thylacosmilus for years!
would also love a megaloceros, dont know why no one other than Bullyland(which is an old figure) haven't done one considering it was(sort of) featured in the recent Hobbit films.

suspsy

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 07, 2018, 06:35:37 PM
A wolly rhino honestly would not interest me either when we have Safari's antiquitatis coelodonta, although an elasmotherium (one of my favorite prehistoric mammals) at a 1:20 scale would not be an important inconvenience for me.

Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers that 2019 will be a year where CollectA and Safari's wares don't overlap, although I'm sure a woolly rhino by the former would look great. And Elasmotherium would be marvellous.

Quote from: terrorchicken on November 07, 2018, 07:12:13 PM

That would also be marvellous.

Quotewould also love a megaloceros, dont know why no one other than Bullyland(which is an old figure) haven't done one considering it was(sort of) featured in the recent Hobbit films.

My only concern with Megaloceros is that the antlers could potentially warp easily. 

DragonRider02

Quote from: suspsy on November 07, 2018, 07:31:18 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 07, 2018, 06:35:37 PM

Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers that 2019 will be a year where CollectA and Safari's wares don't overlap, although I'm sure a woolly rhino by the former would look great. And Elasmotherium would be marvellous.
I would't be surprised if CollectA also realesed new Woolly Rhino, Allosaurus, Stegosaurus or Carnotaurus. I am actually hoping they will make Deluxe Carnotaurus. I really like the new Safari one, but it Just doesn't feel as... "Carnotaur-ish" as I would like it to (I think it' s because of the oversized feet) :/

PhilSauria

I'm looking forward to seeing which animal fills the slot, size-wise, in regard to last years Iguanodon and the Styracosaurus from the year before. For my money the ideal size for a Dinosaur figure and as I may have mentioned in the past scale is not an issue with me as I tend to gravitate towards the larger more naturalistic figures.

tanystropheus

Very impressed w the deluxe pterosaur and Borealopelta.

I can't believe I still haven't picked up the other deluxe pterosaurs. It's an incredible line-up and ...imagine having a shelf devoted to deluxe pterosaurs...all we need is some jungle or rainforest sounds playing in the background like they do in those zoos and animal exhibits.

Ravonium

Quote from: DragonRider02 on November 07, 2018, 08:23:07 PM
I would't be surprised if CollectA also realesed new Woolly Rhino, Allosaurus, Stegosaurus or Carnotaurus.

While I don't deny that there have been some similarities in the past, CollectA's lineup for a year isn't usually that blatantly similar to that of Safari Ltd's lineup for the same year. Apart from 2017, the amount of CollectA's models that've possibly been inspired by Safari Ltd (or vice versa) models slated for release the same year has been insignificant compared to the overall lineup*

*Here are the exact proportions of similar models in CollectA's lineups over the past few years

2018: 1/11
2017: 3/10**
2016: 0/11
2015: 1/15

**This could be 4/10 if you consider the two companies released Deinocheirus in the same year, but I think this is too easily written off as a coincidence.

Also, knowing CollectA, these genera are way too popular to all be released in a single year  ;)

Minmiminime

I'd love them to do a beautiful Allosaurus and not screw up the teeth and paint job..!!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

SidB

would also love a megaloceros, dont know why no one other than Bullyland(which is an old figure) haven't done one considering it was(sort of) featured in the recent Hobbit films.
Checkout the DTB review of the Megaloceros by our Indohyus

Renecito

I need a 1:40 Carnotaurus from CollectA!
I know there are a many Carnos but i want a decent one. I only have the magnificent Carnegie's 2014 Carnotaurus but it's 1:30 scale.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Takama

Quote from: Renecito on November 08, 2018, 01:03:53 AM
I know there are a many Carnos but i want a decent one. I only have the magnificent Carnegie's 2014 Carnotaurus but it's 1:30 scale.

I bet that if they made a Deluxe Carnotarus and called it 1:40, it wont be 1:40.

Shonisaurus

You can also make a Deluxe Triceratops or a Deluxe Brachiosaurus. These two figures are two very popular dinosaurs that need to be reissued if not in this year.

On the other hand they also need a stegosaurus that can compete with Doug Watson's Safari company in genius. I understand that Collecta has many priorities in the realization of obscure animals and many of these priorities are the triceratops, brachiosaurus and stegosaurus ... and even the ankylosaurus. All these herbivorous dinosaurs need an update sooner rather than later and they are just as cool to the styracosaurus and iguanodon made in previous years.

suspsy

A Giraffatitan at any size would be way cooler than Brachiosaurus. Less than 24 hours till the next reveal! :D

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Daspletodave

Just get the 1/40 Carnotaurus from Battat!

SidB

Quote from: Daspletodave on November 08, 2018, 02:49:36 PM

Just get the 1/40 Carnotaurus from Battat!
Both the old Battat and the new Battat Terra versions (different paint jobs) are quality representations.

terrorchicken

Quote from: SidB on November 07, 2018, 11:04:51 PM
Checkout the DTB review of the Megaloceros by our Indohyus
Thanks, I just read it. I forgot that Geoworld made a megaloceros as well. Its really hard to find unfortunately.
Collecta would be the perfect company to make one since they already make many excellent deer figures (I own a few).

suspsy

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2018/11/09/new-collecta-models-2019-part-2.html

EDAPHOSAURUS!!! YES, YES, YESSSSS!!!  :D :)) ;D

And Carnotaurus! Yes, the overlap with Safari continues, but damned if this one looks very swell indeed! No mention as to whether it has an articulated jaw.

Bring on the next reveal!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Okay I take that back, I will have to get both Carnotaurus' now. Darn.
And that Edaphosaurus looks great too.

I don't like having more than two figures of a genus I don't absolutely love though, so I guess I'm going to have to get rid of my Papo one now.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: