News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 28, 2018, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 03, 2018, 05:15:01 PM
Quote from: SBell on December 02, 2018, 11:23:12 PM
Where did they reveal these photos? Because of course I'm mainly interested in additions to the Ancient Fishes line!

And maybe some Ancient Prehistoric Fishes...that would be great too!

It was on their Facebook page. I'm trying to avoid FB because it's horrible and poisonous, but it does seem to be the most convenient way to get news about companies' new offerings. Haven't seen anything from the oh-so-misnamed Ancient Fishes line, but the gar and arowana were released quite recently.

I've already got that whole series! But always hopeful that they'll add more (bowfin, paddlefish and sturgeon seem like obvious additions).

Patrx

Lovely new mosasaur! I don't read Japanese, so I'm not sure on the genus.

ITdactyl

Kek... my FB translation says "samosas".

I really like this new figure.  To think the only marine reptiles in my collection are Kaiyodos.  This'd be the king of that shelf.

Flaffy

Lovely mosasaurus, shame about the spikes though. They feel out of place.

Minmiminime

Very nice pattern, very nice sculpt  ^-^ I'll overlook the spikes though they are irksome. Definitely want this!!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

PhilSauria

Great to see these images - definitely want this one, only hope that it is a general release and not another special / exclusive which tends to put these out of my reach.

Jose S.M.

That looks really good but the spikes look out of place, at least they are small so they don't draw that much attention. The coloration is great and I like the pose.

Patrx

Definitely in agreement with those saying the spikes are a little misplaced and distracting–I suspect we're still seeing the echoes of Knight's Tylosaurus, or more accurately, Williston's Platecarpus.

On the other hand, this piece does look nicely bulky compared to Araki's usual shrink-wrapped fare!

Daspletodave

Stunning! Another must have from Favorite!

DragonRider02

Very unusual colors for Marine reptile I love it! I hope it'll be affordable!

postsaurischian

:D  A must-have!

Quote from: Patrx on January 08, 2019, 03:36:20 PM
....... this piece does look nicely bulky compared to Araki's usual shrink-wrapped fare!

I guess it's Tokugawa, not Araki; as all other figures of the Prehistoric Life Softmodel series.

Bokisaurus

Beautiful figure, I like it despite the spines. Now lets pray its a general release and not another hard to find and afford exclusive  :D

RobinGoodfellow

Favorite has never used Facebook to promote an expo or exclusive figure.  ;)
So that model will be sold on the Favorite' web-store for sure...  O:-)
Exclusive figures are commissioned to Favorite by a museum or an exposition so it doesn't make any sense to use Favorite' FB official page to promote someone else' products..  ::)

Patrx

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 08, 2019, 05:46:29 PM
I guess it's Tokugawa, not Araki; as all other figures of the Prehistoric Life Softmodel series.

Maybe you're right! Overall, it just looks more like Araki's style to me.

ITdactyl

Something new from Facebook: Fukuivenator.  The text also says this (and the mosasaurus) is a Kazunari Araki project.

Skull Set:

Paint the Dinosaur Set 3:

Patrx

Cool! Also, my roommate, who does read Japanese, says the mosasaur is labeled Mosasaurus.

Flaffy

Nice Fukuivenator, but what's with japanese companies and their refusal to add primary feathers to troodontids and dromaeosaurs?

Patrx

Quote from: Flaffy on January 09, 2019, 08:22:55 AM
Nice Fukuivenator, but what's with japanese companies and their refusal to add primary feathers to troodontids and dromaeosaurs?

No idea, but it's really disappointing.

Shonisaurus

The favorite mosasaurus and fukuivenator are really nice a good gift for this year 2019 that begins. When will they be available for sale or when will Brett and Emiko market them?

The Favorite mosasaurus outperforms other figures of other brands and the fukuivenator is a rare figure in the toy market is a wonderful feathered dinosaur figure its conservative and muted colors make it more beautiful and elegant.

The Favorite mosasaurus is a very good figure and looks more detailed than other figures of prehistoric marine animals of the same brand. I hope they are Soft Model ie plastic or vinyl (I started to love this type of figure after buying the Diprotodon from Soutlands Replicas). I hope they are ready for sale soon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Patrx on January 09, 2019, 02:40:22 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on January 09, 2019, 08:22:55 AM

No idea, but it's really disappointing.

It bothers me more with their actual dromaeosaurs, but Fukuivenator probably wasn't one, right? It looks like it was a more stemward maniraptoriform, so it could have had less winglike arms. Anyway, I'm glad to see my prediction that the gap in product numbers meant they were making a Fukuivenator was correct!

I guess with the Mosasaurus being an Araki sculpt, it will be part of the dinosaur line, rather than the prehistoric line, which is a shame. They gave the skull project to Tokugawa, but they should have given it to Araki and let Tokugawa expand the prehistoric line.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: