You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Zuul at the Royal Ontario Museum

Started by Halichoeres, December 12, 2018, 04:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Starting this weekend you can see a special exhibit showcasing the well-preserved fossil of Zuul crurivastator and the other animals that shared its environment. Too bad there aren't any toys of Zuul; I feel like they're leaving money on the table by not commissioning one (like the Bristol museum did for Pliosaurus and like every Japanese museum apparently does for every paleo exhibit ever).

A series of special events will accompany the exhibit. I might have to go to Toronto for spring break this year.
https://www.rom.on.ca/en/exhibitions-galleries/exhibitions/zuul
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

I had seen this advertised.  If only I were closer!

suspsy

Toronto is but a four hour drive away—but it's harder to get away when you have a family to look after! I will certainly be checking out this exhibit at some point in 2019!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Digibasherx

I saw this advertisement on the subway, looks really interesting!!  I'm guessing Ghostbusters?

edit: LOL.  https://youtu.be/nDjnHbM-oT4 , Zuul introduced by Dan Akroyd.

ceratopsian

I agree it's a shame they haven't commissioned a toy.  But I wonder if they will have a printed booklet or something like that?

CityRaptor

There is no Dana at the Royal Ontario Museum, only Zuul! 

Pity it's so far away.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ceratopsian

I see that there is an exhibition catalogue by Victoria Arbour and David Evans. Has anyone seen a copy?

Libraraptor

If they made a museum exclusive figure,  I'd definitely try to get one. It would extend my museum / theme park- exclusive section.

Libraraptor

I contacted the ROM via Twitter and suggested they release an exclusive figure.  This was the answer.

Digibasherx

Saw Zuul today with the family, it's pretty impressive.  The only toy model worth getting from the shop currently is the Primeval Predators Kit, which I did pick up with the members discount :).