News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

DTB Review Schedule

Started by suspsy, December 22, 2018, 12:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I made a request for the BOTM Juvenile Rex  :)
An oversized house cat.

suspsy

Quote from: Lynx on October 08, 2021, 02:42:25 PM
I made a request for the BOTM Juvenile Rex  :)

Noted.

Thanks for that reminder, avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi. I shall inquire of Adam what his plans are and if necessary, we'll scrub those listings in question.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Adam has given his blessing, so all is good to go!

Gwangi

Fantastic! It will be nice to read another reviewer's take on some of these Marx figures. With that, the Megatherium shall be my last Marx review. You have my blessing as well avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on October 08, 2021, 08:07:31 PM
Fantastic! It will be nice to read another reviewer's take on some of these Marx figures. With that, the Megatherium shall be my last Marx review. You have my blessing as well avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono.

Yeah, I have/had so much on this year I just won't get around to it, so better to let someone else have their say. Maybe there will be one or two Marx left for me to review when I eventually have the time...

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 08, 2021, 11:38:49 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 08, 2021, 08:07:31 PM

Yeah, I have/had so much on this year I just won't get around to it, so better to let someone else have their say. Maybe there will be one or two Marx left for me to review when I eventually have the time...

Well, avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum, it might surprise you to learn that there aren't any left! I've done 15 of them over the last year, I have 1 more left, Lanthanotus did 3, and avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono has now reserved the remaining 3. The Iguanodon however, is still reserved by you.

BlueKrono

I'm surprised a company as iconic and foundational as Marx took this long to be completed. I have the original clay model of the Struthio though, so I'll be able to include some good pictures. I also discovered which painting it was based on just this year (hint: it's not of a  Struthiomimus), so I'll be able to throw in some interesting history as well.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gwangi

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 09, 2021, 01:21:56 AM
I'm surprised a company as iconic and foundational as Marx took this long to be completed. I have the original clay model of the Struthio though, so I'll be able to include some good pictures. I also discovered which painting it was based on just this year (hint: it's not of a  Struthiomimus), so I'll be able to throw in some interesting history as well.

Same! Which is why I took it upon myself to tackle the company, despite not being much of a Marx expert. It's been a fun journey. And never mind that the line hasn't been completely reviewed yet. The DTB was launched in 2007 and the first Marx review was posted in 2019, it took 12 years for the first Marx review to show up! Looks up it's up to you to see in through from here.

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: Gwangi on October 09, 2021, 01:41:57 AM
not being much of a Marx expert

I recommend starting with The Communist Manifesto, and Duck Soup.

Gwangi

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on October 09, 2021, 02:11:08 PM

You jest, but I'm not much of an expert on that Marx either.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Gwangi on October 09, 2021, 02:35:16 PM
Quote from: brontosauruschuck on October 09, 2021, 02:11:08 PM

You jest, but I'm not much of an expert on that Marx either.
Ever flew in an Airplane ?
Sorry...
Jokes aside,  it really is surprising it took 12 years for the first on to show up.

suspsy

Reminder: the Papo Stygimoloch, the Wild Safari Dilophosaurus and Spinosaurus and the PNSO Mamenchisaurus and Torvosaurus are open for review.

suspsy

The Safari Ltd Armoured Tyrannosaurus rex and Triceratops are also in need of reviews.

Fembrogon

I can take the 2020 Safari Dilophosaurus; also, do the Mattel Amber Collection Pteranodon and Delta still need reviewers?

suspsy

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 05, 2021, 04:42:25 PM
I can take the 2020 Safari Dilophosaurus; also, do the Mattel Amber Collection Pteranodon and Delta still need reviewers?

I believe you are good for all three of those!

GiganotosaurusFan

Can I do the Tamiya T.Rex(larger 1/35)? I might have to do this one in April...
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

suspsy

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on January 09, 2022, 05:19:35 AM
Can I do the Tamiya T.Rex(larger 1/35)? I might have to do this one in April...

Sure.

bmathison1972

May I reserve the Trilobiti Design Opabinia?

suspsy

GiganotosaurusFan

May I please review the W-Dragon Giganotosaurus? And the Sega Tyrannosaurus made for Jurassic World, please.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: