News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

DTB Review Schedule

Started by suspsy, December 22, 2018, 12:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Sure.

The PNSO Mamenchisaurus and Microraptor still need reviews for anyone interested. So does the miniature Dakosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

If anyone is up for reviewing Schleich toys, we have a long outstanding list:

Amargasaurus—

Ankylosaurus—

Brontosaurus--

Ceratosaurus--

Dimorphodon—

Mosasaurus--

Pachycephalosaurus--

Parasaurolophus—

Styracosaurus—

Therizinosaurus juvenile—

Tapejara/Dinosaur Air Attack--

Tupuxuara/Jetpack Chase--

Fembrogon

I can do the Giga juv; it's one of the few Schleich figures in my collection. It might be a little while before I cover it, mind you.

GiganotosaurusFan

I know some people here like Beast Wars, and Paleonerd has a review for a certain Megatron, so can I do the Tyrannocon Rex(20x21 Hasbro release)? I can understand if you do not accept my review :)
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

suspsy

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on March 14, 2022, 01:26:30 AM
I know some people here like Beast Wars, and Paleonerd has a review for a certain Megatron, so can I do the Tyrannocon Rex(20x21 Hasbro release)? I can understand if you do not accept my review :)

I would certainly accept that, only I would strongly suggest focusing primarily on the T. rex mode. Talk about the sculpting, the accuracy or lack of, poseability, stability, etc. Include a good selection of photos, including comparisons with other T. rex toys. Definitely showcase the robot mode as well, but there's no need to write out a step by step description of the transformation the way many Transformers review sites do.

Libraraptor

I would really like to roast Schleich Nothosaurus. But my claim is to own the figures I review. And I am not willing to spend 15,-Euro for a piece of crape made of rubber just to do a scorcher of it. The Styracosaurus, however, is quite decent. Maybe I´ll buy it. Then I would inform you.

indohyus

I own the Nothosaurus so happy to do that. avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor if you have comments on it, I am willing to share them in the review.

suspsy

Quote from: indohyus on March 14, 2022, 11:36:59 AM
I own the Nothosaurus so happy to do that. avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor if you have comments on it, I am willing to share them in the review.

A collaborative roast review would surely make for some enjoyable reading.

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on March 14, 2022, 11:57:06 AM

This is how podcasts get started.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

I'm in ;) Maybe we clear the details behind the scenes  :)

indohyus

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 15, 2022, 07:58:57 PM

Sounds like a plan. I've messaged you so we can get the ball rolling.

brontosauruschuck

I'm in the process of moving and when I'm done I plan on getting to work on a review of the Rebor Velociraptor.

suspsy

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on March 19, 2022, 12:34:34 AM
I'm in the process of moving and when I'm done I plan on getting to work on a review of the Rebor Velociraptor.

Which one?

indohyus

Quote from: indohyus on March 15, 2022, 09:35:54 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 15, 2022, 07:58:57 PM

Sounds like a plan. I've messaged you so we can get the ball rolling.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor did you see my message?

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: suspsy on March 19, 2022, 11:40:55 AM

Which one?

The really big one.

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on April 15, 2022, 06:23:30 PM
Quote from: suspsy on March 19, 2022, 11:40:55 AM

Which one?

The really big one.

Sorry, I meant to say Recur, not Rebor.

suspsy

brontosauruschuck

Just checking: Did you get my review for the Recur Velociraptor? I sent it a few days ago. I've had issues recently with people not getting emails I sent them though.

suspsy

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on April 28, 2022, 11:37:19 PM
Just checking: Did you get my review for the Recur Velociraptor? I sent it a few days ago. I've had issues recently with people not getting emails I sent them though.

I have not received anything from you as of late.

brontosauruschuck

What the heck? Okay, well I just sent it again. Please let me know if/when you get it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: