News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - new for 2019

Started by Loon, December 28, 2018, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

Quote from: mgaguilar on August 25, 2019, 08:28:16 PM
Are they beginning to diverge from the Jurassic franchise? That allosaurus doesn't look anything like the one's in Jurassic World. If so, I'm excited!

I guess they realised that the jurassic world's allosaurus is too lame and they couldn't produce a serious figure based on it.  (like the hideous ceratosaurus from JP III)
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Takama

I actually think that its inspired by the Battle At Big Rock Allosaurus, even though that " film" is currently in limbo.

Think about it.   They may have the Mattel toy on hand and used it as a base for the model..   

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Renecito on August 25, 2019, 05:51:33 PM
This ain't bad.

Def looks like the more popular BaBR Allosaurus

also looks like the same version by Takara Tomy :

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 26, 2019, 05:55:24 AM

Where did you find this? Is this official?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on August 26, 2019, 06:06:30 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 26, 2019, 05:55:24 AM

Where did you find this? Is this official?

It had this title on the image :  Jurassic World Battle At Big Rock Allosaurus and Nasutoceratops Renders from Jurassic World Alive

Foxngn

I like nanmu version of Allo, but I'm also almost going to purchase the W-dragon version.

Which shall I get?  :P
Budget definitely not allow for both.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Foxngn on August 27, 2019, 08:48:10 AM
I like nanmu version of Allo, but I'm also almost going to purchase the W-dragon version.

Which shall I get?  :P
Budget definitely not allow for both.

W dragon is worth it and its quality will most surely still be better than Nanmu's based on the recent dips in quality from Nanmu's Carnotaurus and Indoraptor.

Takama

For those who care about the line.

Most of the figures are now avalible on Dans Dinosaurs

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/nanmu/

Toasaurus

Quote from: Takama on August 30, 2019, 01:04:34 PM
For those who care about the line.

Most of the figures are now avalible on Dans Dinosaurs

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/nanmu/
the sino is out now? Awesome

Flaffy

Andy's review of the Sinoceratops:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FYC2A_GdiI

Looks decent, though the lack of curvature on the top episquamosals is a shame. Especially since it's Sinoceratops's signature trait.

PhilSauria

Awesome though these figures are I for one just can't afford this stuff - where does Andy get the dough?!

Takama

Quote from: PhilSauria on September 14, 2019, 11:02:42 AM
Awesome though these figures are I for one just can't afford this stuff - where does Andy get the dough?!

maybe Ad revenue from Youtube?  if you become big enough on there, you can get some money from them.

However im not sure if he is that big yet. Or well known.

Shadowknight1

I just wish there was a way to kinda let them know that having the Allosaurus in a running pose is awful...  After seeing their Indominus and other JW stuff, I thought "Okay, these guys are awesome, an Allosaurus would be an instant buy!"  After seeing it with a foot off the ground and already somewhat leaning, it's more of an instant pass.  Why can't these companies make an Allosaurus that's both amazing and with both feet on the darn ground?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on September 14, 2019, 04:13:01 PM
I just wish there was a way to kinda let them know that having the Allosaurus in a running pose is awful...  After seeing their Indominus and other JW stuff, I thought "Okay, these guys are awesome, an Allosaurus would be an instant buy!"  After seeing it with a foot off the ground and already somewhat leaning, it's more of an instant pass.  Why can't these companies make an Allosaurus that's both amazing and with both feet on the darn ground?

Totally agree with you I would like Nanmu Studio to make theropods with both legs on the ground. I honestly don't know what material the leg of Nanmu's allosaurus will be made of, but W-Dragon's theropods (fabulous by the way) would be better figures if the material were PVC and they would have a safe buyer.

But honestly the Nanmu allosaurus would be prettier if it were done by holding on both legs as with the indominus.

Takama

According to a page on Facebook. they are Testing some new form of Plastic with there upcomeing Spinosaurus that will allow them to stand without issue.

From what i can understand. they will use a combination of PVC and ABS Plastic for the legs of not only the Spino, But also future editions of the previous models that needed it.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Takama @Takama Thanks for the clarification. I prefer dinosaurs with more malleable materials and that you don't have to have them in airtight showcases to avoid breaking them.

Syndicate Bias

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1366054180236210&id=441334229374881&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_highlights

Spino then raptors then Allosaurus then Mosa and then T Rex is the supposed release schedule of Nanmu currently.

The Spino will come in two colours, and one will be limited production run(What is the deal with limited edition Spinos lately?)
It's brown so it's nothing special like papo's but it looks beautiful nonetheless.

Shonisaurus

What Nanmu Studio does with the various color versions of dinosaurs as well as other companies such as Rebor is an intelligent strategy to encourage collectors to buy their different versions and thus double their benefits or that collectors can choose which version He likes more color to collect. I hope that as commented on the forum the Nanmu spinosaurus is not its resin legs or breakable material like the W-Dragon spinosaurus.

I figure that the price of these figures will be stratospheric taking into account that the indominus was sold at the time at prices of approximately 90 euros.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

mgaguilar

LOVE the alternative coloration for the Spinosaurus! Not JP related at all and looks brilliant!
Where is everyone from the states ordering their Nanmu products from? I think Amazon stocks some of them, possibly ebay? Since it's a limited run I want to make sure I get it fast.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: