News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What is the Value Thread

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, January 10, 2019, 04:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Carnoking on May 30, 2020, 11:48:47 PM
Can anyone give me an idea of the value of the 2012 Carnegie Brachiosaurus?

I tend to see them in the $60-80 range.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Duna

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 01, 2020, 04:33:33 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on May 30, 2020, 11:48:47 PM
Can anyone give me an idea of the value of the 2012 Carnegie Brachiosaurus?

I tend to see them in the $60-80 range.
They have gone up quite a bit more than that. The last one I saw on sale last week went for 495$ plus shipping.

CityRaptor

Could have been an outlier. Usually prices tend to be around a certain value and then one pops up where the price greatly differs.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Duna

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 19, 2022, 08:00:44 PM
Could have been an outlier. Usually prices tend to be around a certain value and then one pops up where the price greatly differs.
Second outlier gone for nearly 400$ in less than a week ...  ::) I have them on my wishlist because I love that model ... And the Carnos sold over 100€ and even 300€ ... Pretty bad time for starting collecting Carnegies like me ...  :'( But never lose hope, it's probably a matter of luck and time to find them cheaper ...

CityRaptor

Okay, this sums up my reaction right now:

But then again, the Brachio was a tail-ender figure:
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tail-ender
Therefore it likely does not reflect the overall price of Carngie line.

Still I'm glad I have one. Cost me only 7 Euros a few years ago.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Duna

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 30, 2022, 04:09:21 PM
Still I'm glad I have one. Cost me only 7 Euros a few years ago.
Oh, you are so lucky! I don't know why they have skyrocketed so much and so quick. Just like what happened with the Invicta lambeosaurus. It's quite surprising that older figures are much cheaper and there are lots of them -brachios and diplodocus-. Probably because of that you said of being a "tail-ender". I had never heard the word, you always learn something new everyday, thank you for your explanation.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.