News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Transformers: The Thread

Started by Loon, January 11, 2019, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

I saw Bumblebee, and I have to say, I may be getting back into these guys. I've already bought a few of these Siege figures, and they're like mini-masterpieces.

So, I guess this can be a place to talk about transformers, but if that thread already exists, I guess this should be deleted.

suspsy

Here are a few Transformers photos I've taken in the last few years. I'm not really interested in the larger Siege toys aside from Optimus Prime and Megatron, but I like the Micromasters and Battlemasters.

Titans Return Decepticons.
Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Former pacifist Beachcomber discovers that violence is really fun after all.

The heroic Dinobots.

The vicious Terrorcons.

Hun-Gurr vs Grimlock.

Abominus vs Volcanicus.

Wreck-Gar and Sky Lynx.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

amargasaurus cazaui

wanted to ask Suspsy .....If you remember I own a rather extensive gen 1 original  set of figures....how large is the new version of sky lynx comparatively speaking and perhaps how was it packaged ........it looks nice there
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

I really like the new Sky Lynx. I'm heading out of town this weekend for a wedding, but I'll post some comparison photos next week.

Loon

avatar_suspsy @suspsy hate to be "that guy", but that's beachcomber.

avatar_amargasaurus cazaui @amargasaurus cazaui these aren't my pictures, but here's the new combiner wars sky lynx with the original:

And, here's the packaging:

suspsy

Loon

Quote from: suspsy on January 11, 2019, 07:56:05 PM
Ah yes, I confused my pacifists.
I never knew gears was one, but then again, g1 characters can all kinda fuse together at times.

suspsy

Quote from: Loon on January 11, 2019, 07:58:07 PM
Quote from: suspsy on January 11, 2019, 07:56:05 PM
Ah yes, I confused my pacifists.
I never knew gears was one, but then again, g1 characters can all kinda fuse together at times.

No, the name I used first was Groove, not Gears. Gears is a chronic complainer, not a pacifist.

Loon

ITdactyl

Loving the Skylynx appreciation on this thread.  He (especially his combiner wars version) is generally hated in the transformers forums I joined.

I never got to complete the Volcanicus set, so I'll just stare at your collections with envious eyes (and lots of hidden manly tears)... ;D

MLMjp

The Power of the Primes dinobots were a disappointment for me, I wanted to have some updated generations dinobots since the only ones that I have are the movie ones. But man, they were small compared to recent voyager and deluxes, and because they were combiners, Sludge, a Brontosaurus, had to be reduced to deluxe size when he should be in the same category as Grimlock. They look cool together though.

Digibasherx

Quote from: ITdactyl on January 11, 2019, 10:57:27 PM
Loving the Skylynx appreciation on this thread.  He (especially his combiner wars version) is generally hated in the transformers forums I joined.

I never got to complete the Volcanicus set, so I'll just stare at your collections with envious eyes (and lots of hidden manly tears)... ;D

I didn't know Skylynx was hated, he was really hard to find, especially in Canada, I found mine at Toysx3, where had a bit of a markup.  I love the guy, he has 3 modes and a decent combiner head. 

As for Volcanicus, I think he's lacking, and I might end up getting the upgrade kits just so he's not so "meh" in combined mode. 

suspsy

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Digibasherx

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 12, 2019, 05:05:16 PM
Oh hey, it's Star Convoy!
https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/09/new-siege-reveals-at-wonder-festival-jetfire-star-convoy-armada-prime-and-more-382433

Also looks like the next Beast Wars Masterpiece will be "hot, poisonous and deadly":
https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/09/blackarachnia-masterpiece-beast-wars-revealed-at-wonder-festival-japan-382419
( Actual quote from the show )

I love me some Starconvoy, but this one seems kinda lazy.  The Leader Prime is a great mold, but I think it's more suited for PMOP rather than Starconvoy.  BA's chest is a bit gratuitous, I think it could be toned down a bit.

MLMjp

A few years ago I would had been beyond exited for an Omega Supreme. But my present self shows little interest ´cause is obviously an expensive and big figure which I don't think I will get, most notably because I decided to be very restrictive in regards of collecting transformers and because my interest in them overall is a little bit low now (probably because I am too focused on Jurassic World toys right now). Although it would be nice to obtain such figure, I think I should abstain myself from getting it.

suspsy

Loon

I wonder if Hasbro Jetfire is going to have a Decepticon symbol in his normal robot mode, since they're basically releasing the same figures now. Guess, I'll have to wait til Hasbro's display at ToyFair for confirmation.

Quote from: MLMjp on February 13, 2019, 12:24:50 AM
A few years ago I would had been beyond exited for an Omega Supreme. But my present self shows little interest ´cause is obviously an expensive and big figure which I don't think I will get, most notably because I decided to be very restrictive in regards of collecting transformers and because my interest in them overall is a little bit low now (probably because I am too focused on Jurassic World toys right now). Although it would be nice to obtain such figure, I think I should abstain myself from getting it.
Most of those large figures have gone in deep discount recently, I think some even wound up at Ross. But the size is a problem, I get that. I would be less hesitant in picking him up, if he didn't just turn into a base. I would have loved an Omega that turned into the Ark, like in TFA.

suspsy

Quote from: Loon on February 13, 2019, 01:54:33 AM
I wonder if Hasbro Jetfire is going to have a Decepticon symbol in his normal robot mode, since they're basically releasing the same figures now. Guess, I'll have to wait til Hasbro's display at ToyFair for confirmation.

Quote from: MLMjp on February 13, 2019, 12:24:50 AM
Most of those large figures have gone in deep discount recently, I think some even wound up at Ross. But the size is a problem, I get that. I would be less hesitant in picking him up, if he didn't just turn into a base. I would have loved an Omega that turned into the Ark, like in TFA.

I think that would have disappointed a lot of fans if he didn't turn into the classic rocket base with its perpetually circling battle tank. It's certainly a tempting toy, but I just can't see it fitting into the budget.

ITdactyl

Quote from: Loon on February 13, 2019, 01:54:33 AM

Yeah, wasn't there a recent announcement that Hasbro and Takara would have a unified release from "Power of the Primes" onward? 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: