News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Arioch paleoart

Started by Arioch, March 16, 2012, 01:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arioch

Sure I did! here´s the Fuzzy Tyrant finished (until color studies says otherwise).... :D

Himmapaan

Horridus

Love it! Kinda similar to the art that's already out there, though, in terms of colours; any chance of changing the colours, making them a bit darker maybe?
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Arioch

Thanks guys! ^-^

And that´s an interesting question Marc. Precisely I kept a second version with a dirtier kind of white. So far I can´t say which one I prefer:

ZoPteryx

Looks great!  Very Snow Leopard-like.  I think I prefer the cleaner white one, but that's just me. ;)

Arioch

Thanks zopteryx!

Here is a WIP of Sue, the She-Rex...yes, another version. Because the lizard king -or queen- needs an update.  ^-^

Arioch

Tyrannosaurus Rex revisited and finished:

Gryphoceratops

Looks almost shiny.  Its cool how you gave it plumage without being a total fluff ball. 

Himmapaan

Ditto. Saw this on dA. :) I like what you did and pointed out about the feather distribution diminishing gradually down the body, as opposed to looking like a mantle of feathers cut to shape.  :))

Arioch

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 12, 2012, 12:20:12 AM
Ditto. Saw this on dA. :) I like what you did and pointed out about the feather distribution diminishing gradually down the body, as opposed to looking like a mantle of feathers cut to shape.  :))

Thanks. ;) Yeah, down with the Tyrannosaurs that appear to be wearing wigs! The idea is make fuzzy theropods likeable (specially to those who don´t support the idea) and realistic looking...

Here´s my Iberian iguanodontid, Delapparentia, finally painted (and anatomically corrected).

And a WIP of Guanlong:

ZoPteryx

That's one cool Guanlong! :o

Sumo

I like, I like! :D I just love how you do integument, whether feathers or scales.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

paleoferroequine

Wow, the Guanlong is great. You have improved a lot with the appearance of the feathers and fuzz, I'm impressed with the quantity and quality of your work. Keep it up. ;D

Tylosaurus

Hmm the Guanlong  reminds me a bit of Dilophosaurus, due to it's head and crests :)
But giving the T-Rex feathers, sorry guys, I still doubt this, not every Tyrannosaur may have had or needed feathers 8)

Horridus

Love your latest work, but you work so fast I struggle to keep up with it!  :o  ;D
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Weaver

I really like the color-scheme and correntions to the Delapparentia. Looks fantastic now!

Aaah! I see something cool on your Guanlong: Scaly feet! The details on the crest and his/her expression is superb. He/she is not pleased at all. XD

Himmapaan

Quote from: Horridus on April 15, 2012, 12:26:24 PM
Love your latest work, but you work so fast I struggle to keep up with it!  :o  ;D
Ha! Ditto this.  ;D

Arioch

Thanks Sumo and zopteryx! ;)

Quote from: paleoferroequine on April 14, 2012, 04:39:43 AM
Wow, the Guanlong is great. You have improved a lot with the appearance of the feathers and fuzz, I'm impressed with the quantity and quality of your work. Keep it up. ;D

Quote from: Horridus on April 15, 2012, 12:26:24 PM

Cheers! :) I think the speed and quality of my work has doubled since I got the tablet...besides, with almost two weeks of holidays I could dedicate lot more time to my beloved archosaurs lately. But I will have to slow down a bit henceforth I´m afraid. Back to work :(

Quote from: Weaver on April 15, 2012, 01:02:54 PM
I really like the color-scheme and correntions to the Delapparentia. Looks fantastic now!

Aaah! I see something cool on your Guanlong: Scaly feet! The details on the crest and his/her expression is superb. He/she is not pleased at all. XD

Heh, thanks for the compliment. But, scaly feet aren´t that unusual, are they?

This Guanlong  looks angry because in the original picture it was being attacked by two pterosaurs, but I removed them after I found out they were quite anachronistic. And its a cocky male! that´s why the Crowned Dragon of the Five Colors has 6 colors here in the final version. Females are bit less colorful :P

Arioch

Time for an update!

Some days ago I readed a short story (part of a future novel) about a time traveler that fights a dromaeosaur in the Late Cretaceous, and I thought that would be a good subject for my incursion in something with a more comic book, commercial style. That way I could practice with human anatomy as well. My interpretation is far from faithful to the original text, truth be told. The dromie is based on Deinonychus, but its meant to be one of the undescribed dromaeosaurs from Hell Creek (which is thought to be aprox that size, judging by the teeth). So, this what I have so far (and yes, the girl is pure fan service  :))):

Arioch

More WIP stuff:

Arizonasaurus: 

Dakosaurus, Cricosaurus and some unfortunate ichthyosaurs:

Archaeopteryx revamped (with proper dark wings and an incoming background):

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: