News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Arioch paleoart

Started by Arioch, March 16, 2012, 01:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphoceratops

Nice perspective on the unfortunate ichthyosaur

ZoPteryx

Great work!  I really like the Archeopteryx coming in for a landing/kill!

Gwangi

If the Archeopteryx is coming in for the kill should not the tail of the little theropod overlap the right wing?

Arioch

Thanks guys!

Quote from: Gwangi on April 22, 2012, 12:47:27 AM
If the Archeopteryx is coming in for the kill should not the tail of the little theropod overlap the right wing?

Yes, that would come later. I didn´t have too much time to work on the juvie compsognathid. The feathers should extend down the knees too, and I´m considering a fuzzy belly.

New stuff:

Olorotitan arharensis

And part of my future project to illustrate most of the dinosaurian fauna from the Nemegt Formation: the troodontid Zanabazar, male and female. WIP, of course.

DinoToyForum

Himmapaan

Arioch

Thanks both! ah, well Niroot, I suspected you were going to like it.  ;D

Another WIP I forgot to post. Fuzzy tyrannosaurs are trendy, so here´s  a Tarbosaurus trying to stablish a feeding relationship with a mostly unpleased Saurolophus.

Himmapaan

Horridus

Wow, you're getting better and better all the time! And with such a unique style. Can't wait to see progress on that Tarbosaurus/Saurolophus scene.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Arioch

Ah, thanks for the compliments. I dont think is such a big deal though. And glad to see you back, Marc.  :)

Regarding the Tarbo and the duckbill. Not much of a progress, just been playing with different base schemes. Probably the definitive ones:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Love the Olorotitan..I think I can even see each scale ! ;D

ZoPteryx

The colors and pattern on the Tarbo and duckbill are superb! :D

Arioch

Thanks zopteryx!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 27, 2012, 06:35:59 AM
Love the Olorotitan..I think I can even see each scale ! ;D

Mission accomplished, then!  :))

And now for something completely different...

Long story short: a few days ago, A member of the Hell Creek forum asked me to redesign some of the unaccurate and/or outdated (intentionally, I guess, as they emulate the JP aesthetics) dinosaurs featured in the incoming game Primal Carnage. So I started revamping massively the game "Raptor" into something closer to an actual deinonychosaur, and more specifically using Deinonychus Antirrhopus anatomy as a reference.

This is the result:

I think the brown one looks bit better, but I decided to keep both versions.

Of course this is completely unofficial, so I don´t think there´s an actual chance that they actually update the game model. But I would be glad if it had any influence at all thanks to the feedback...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have heard a bit about this game..it looks pretty cool as does your new " Raptor " . ;D

Horridus

Well, that's a huge improvement over the one that's already in the game. I hope they take your changes on board.

While you're at it, give the T. rex a makeover along the lines of this one: http://durbed.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4vwd5q
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow! Your Oloro and Raptors are really beautiful! I like the more brown one a little better too. But they look great as a pair.

Arioch

Thanks for the compliments again!  ^-^ I´m glad for all the positive feedback of the game fans as well.

Quote from: Horridus on April 28, 2012, 06:42:07 PM
Well, that's a huge improvement over the one that's already in the game. I hope they take your changes on board.

While you're at it, give the T. rex a makeover along the lines of this one: http://durbed.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4vwd5q

Good news: I already started with that just after finishing the dromaeosaurus. It shouldn´t take much more time...

Arioch

Done. Fixing the head specially has been a nightmare.

Check the original model: http://www.imageslim.com/images/img_4c453e6934f99.jpg

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, very awesome looking creature! Not a real fan of furry adult Rexes, but this guy is really cool looking.

Few short questions --

Does his eye look a teensy bit too high? And even though I know his legs are bent down a little, does his legs perhaps look just a little short? I could be wrong and these are very, very minor issues from my view. And one last computer image question. Is there a way to make the proto-feathers blend in and look more connected to the skin. It almost looks like he's wearing a fur coat. ;) Anyway, like I said at first, I think the overall look of the ol' guy is awesome!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Arioch on April 07, 2012, 05:29:26 AM
Sure, Blade. I´m keeping a copy of the "white" animal before I start with the markings or wathever other detail that might be out of place once the colors are revealed.  ^-^

Here´s the first WIP of the Yutyrannus:

I thought someone else would want to draw a Yutyrannus  8).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: