News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Quote from: Roselaar on August 30, 2013, 10:03:16 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on August 30, 2013, 06:09:36 PM
You will also need to remover Microceratus, since there is one from Dinoz, even it is labeled Microceratops. ( It is one of the few Dinoz I got since I thought it was unique )

So those species are identical then? You learn something new every day... I'll scratch it off the list. Thanks!

Yep. The name needed to be changed due to it already being used by one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microceratops
You are welcome.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on August 31, 2013, 01:52:26 AM
Australovenator should have come off there anyway--CollectA made one too.

I know, that was the one I had in the List. ;) I wasn't aware GeoWorld made one too. But then, I know little about that company's output since I have yet to find any of their products.

Thanks for the input, folks. Still lots to do to make the List even more accurate! :)

Roselaar

Added the new WWD species Alexornis, Alphadon, Parksosaurus and Hesperonychus to the list, as well as the Collecta Xenoceratops. Still there's a few more updates to be done. Soon I hope.

Roselaar

Deleted Bistahieversor (blame Collecta!), added Bullyland's upcoming Europasaurus.

Roselaar

Also exit Megalania. Turns out it was done by both Yowies and Kaiyodo.

radman

Roselaar

Quote from: radman on December 13, 2013, 06:06:35 PM
Oreodont.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oreodont-model-3d-print-museum-quality/231111108078?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D19051%26meid%3D3372916538834282915%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D8643%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D231110901132%26

Also, would you like a picture of the Omeisaurus?  I have one, can pm you the pic if you want ^-^

Is that a real model for sale in larger quantities than one, or a unique item (in which case it doesn't count)?

I would like a pic of the Omeisaurus if possible, thanks. :)

radman

I see he's already sold two, and has another one up for sale.  I guess as long as they sell, he'll keep making them...

Roselaar

Quote from: radman on December 14, 2013, 05:44:03 PM
I see he's already sold two, and has another one up for sale.  I guess as long as they sell, he'll keep making them...

That would be a valid kit then. Problem is, I don't know the name of the artist or his/her model company (if any). I can't use his eBay username, that would look odd.

Added Omeisaurus to the list, thanks again. :)

radman

When I get my brontops that I bought from him, I'll ask if it's okay and invite him to join the forum as well.

Roselaar

Quote from: radman on December 14, 2013, 07:33:53 PM
When I get my brontops that I bought from him, I'll ask if it's okay and invite him to join the forum as well.

That would sure help. :)

Roselaar

Also added the Shapeways Archaeobelodon. Thanks again, Radman. ;)

Raptoress

I think Learning Curve's line of Dinosaur Train figures have the only toy Einiosaurs? Not 100% sure but I think they are.

Roselaar

Quote from: Alice the Troodon on December 28, 2013, 02:12:43 AM
I think Learning Curve's line of Dinosaur Train figures have the only toy Einiosaurs? Not 100% sure but I think they are.

Wasn't sure either until I searched this thread again. Turns out Krentz made an Einiosaurus too. So there's probably only two different figures of that species out there, but that's still one too many. :)

Roselaar

Performed amuch needed Yowie overhaul on this thread. Added 32 Yowies (most of them (Marsupial) mammals), many (but sadly not all) with pictures.

Roselaar

Added Turiasaurus and Protochirotherium. Any additional new species I might have missed?

Libraraptor

Wow, Roselaar, that was quick! I just wanted to add Protochirotherium when I saw you have already done this a week ago. That means your list is highly up-to-date and useful for every collector!

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 09, 2014, 08:25:15 AM
Wow, Roselaar, that was quick! I just wanted to add Protochirotherium when I saw you have already done this a week ago. That means your list is highly up-to-date and useful for every collector!

Yeah, I tend to update it immediately whenever a new species pops up. Why wait until tomorrow with what you can do today? :)

I just hope fellow forum members don't take offense of my using their pics. But if they do, they can always PM me, or ask for credit where it is due.

Roselaar

Added Aeolosaurus. Thanks, Chad!

Roselaar

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: