You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Parks (was Re: ugly ugly dinosaurs)

Started by Horridus, August 28, 2012, 08:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

So much old Dinamation stuff! Hard to believe some of them are still knocking around...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Gryphoceratops

What kind of dinosaur is the one after the quetzalcoatlus?  It has a really nice paintjob.

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on October 22, 2012, 10:40:34 PM
What kind of dinosaur is the one after the quetzalcoatlus?  It has a really nice paintjob.

That's Coelophysis. There's actually a pair of them, and the other one has green eyes.

In descending order, the models are Muttaburrasaurus, Brachiosaurus, Ornithomimus, Allosaurus, Triceratops (with a baby), Dilophosaurus, Compsognathus, Tyrannosaurus, Dimetrodon, Quetzalcoatlus, Coelophysis, and Edmontonia. There'll also be a dig pit featuring the bones of Deinonychus.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Crazycrowman

Those above are not all that bad looking at all!

I have always liked Virgina's "Dinosaur-land" - http://www.dinosaurland.com/ The beasts are for the most part quite terrible looking, especially after all these years, but I have been going to the park from the time I was very young, so It has a great deal of sentimental value if nothing else.

Brontozaurus

So now the above dinosaurs have been activated and I've worked two days so far. By far the most impressive dinosaurs are the Coelophysis, as they have the smoothest and most life-like movements of all the dinosaurs. The Edmontonia and Muttaburrasaurus are also pretty good. The Tyrannosaurus is very impressive as it is life-size, and it rears up as part of its movement cycle, which makes it even larger. I've seen small children terrified by it.

The Allosaurus is unfortunately the worst dinosaur. It makes very obvious mechanical sounds when it moves (the other dinosaurs are very silent aside from the Compsognathus, which make clicking sounds), and it wobbles too.

There have been a few issues with the dinosaurs. The Brachiosaurus broke down twice last Sunday, and one of the Coelophysis stopped making sounds. Fortunately they're fixed now.

Also there were two unrelated incidents on the same day where two kids threw up in front of the Triceratops. Not sure why that happened.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.