News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eofauna figures questionnaire (Collector wishes)

Started by Eofauna, April 09, 2019, 10:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

I'm still surprised they went for the Giganotosaurus first. I would've thought something along the lines of a Concavenator tbh

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Nice to hear so many would like a Paraceratherium, hopefully Eofauna will take that into consideration. Also nice to hear Stegodon on peoples proboscid lists, here's mine:
1. Cuvieronius
2. Barytherium
3. Stegodon
4. Zygolophodon borsoni
5. Deinotherium
If Eofauna ever did make a late Pleistocene mastodon, maybe label it as M. pacificus?
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Halichoeres

Quote from: BRONSON on April 12, 2019, 08:54:19 PM
Eofaunas models remind me of the Invictas when they first came out when I was a kid, they were simple, well made, and as accurate as they could be, I think whatever they do they will do it to their best.

Can't argue with that!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I am so glad that avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna has done this, it's a fantastic idea.

Truth be told, I'd probably be interested in anything you produce as it's at such a fantastic quality, aside from C. megalodon which to me is the most boring prehistoric animal, and probably wouldn't buy T. rex either on principle (though other Tyrannosauruds are fair game).

This is what I put down aside from the animals mentioned in brackets which are extra ideas, I did include non-sauropod sauropodomorphs in the sauropod section as I felt it's the best place to put them.

Therapods
1.   Deinocheirus
2.   Daspletosaurus
3.   Majungasaurus
4.   Nothronychus
5.   Eustreptospondylus
6.   (Deinonychus; Shuvuuia; Latenivenatrix)

Sauropodomorphs
1.   Massospondylus
2.   Barosaurus
3.   Brachytrachelopan
4.   Lessemsaurus
5.   Bajadasaurus
6.   (Europasaurus; Brontosaurus)

Ornithischians
1.   Edmontosaurus
2.   Tsintaosaurus
3.   Tuojiangosaurus
4.   Tenontosaurus
5.   Magnapaulia
6.   (Kulindadromeus; Agujaceratops; Stegopelta; Camptosaurus)

Proboscideans
1.   Deinotherium
2.   Moetherium
3.   Platybelodon
4.   Stegotetrabelodon
5.   Zygolophodon

Other
•   Paraceratherium
•   Basilosaurus
•   Chalicotherium
•   Lisowicia
•   Hatzegopteryx
•   Herrerasaurus
•   Smok
•   Moschops

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 14, 2019, 05:15:17 PM
Eofaunas models remind me of the Invictas when they first came out when I was a kid, they were simple, well made, and as accurate as they could be, I think whatever they do they will do it to their best.

Can't argue with that!
Here, here.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

I have to wonder if this questionnaire directly pertains to Eofauna's fourth figure, or if that one is already past the planning stage and due to be revealed soon. Or did I miss something?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

I expect the next two or so figures are already in the planning stages at least. I imagine the results of this survey probably won't be reflected in actual products until at least next year.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx that's an excellent list.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Syndicate Bias

Guess no updates on their next dino yet? i could have sworn it was this month or June.

tanystropheus

Just got the Eofauna Giga today. It's a 10/10 for me. Three figures in and they are already my favorite company (I still have to pick up the Mammoth).

The choice of colors are a bit bland but they blend in rather masterfully. The model has considerable heft. Also, they certainly did not skimp on the tail (which seems to happen with a number of dinosaur companies and models). 

On the plus side, having a complete Eofauna collection of toys is more doable than say, PNSO.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 08, 2019, 08:55:45 AM
Just got the Eofauna Giga today. It's a 10/10 for me. Three figures in and they are already my favorite company (I still have to pick up the Mammoth).

The choice of colors are a bit bland but they blend in rather masterfully. The model has considerable heft. Also, they certainly did not skimp on the tail (which seems to happen with a number of dinosaur companies and models). 

On the plus side, having a complete Eofauna collection of toys is more doable than say, PNSO.

The dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals of Eofauna are intended for an adult collector and are more affordable than the figures of other brands.

Fembrogon

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 08, 2019, 08:55:45 AM

Oddly enough, Giga's tail is one of my favorite aspects of the figure: it's muscular and it's long! I greatly appreciate dinosaur figures with substantial tails; I think it's something I've always considered a distinguishing feature of "saurian" creatures, in contrast to mammals, for example.

Hopefully we'll get news on the next release sometime soon; but I'm honestly not in any rush. Eofauna is welcome to take their time producing their best possible product.

Duna

Please, we need a CONCAVENATOR from you, it has all the lottery tickets:

1. It's the most remarkable and famous Spanish dinosaur.
2. It's a theropod (everyone loves them) and its huge! :)
3. Skeleton is almost complete, perfect for you to make an accurate model.
4. There are few none accurate quality models in the market.
5. If you do it, it wil be a 10/10.

Thank you!

Ravonium

After over half a year of being aware of it, I've finally answered the questionnaire. Here's what I put (not necessarily in the order I listed them in the actual form):

Theropods:

• Cryolophosaurus (I missed out on the Battat and Carnegie versions)
  • Tarbosaurus (Surprised this one is still as underrepresented as it is)
  • Majungasaurus
  • Pelecanimimus (This is one I see as likely to be made in the future)
  • Limusaurus
Sauropods:

• Shunosaurus (The Safari one is good, but significantly too small for my preferences)
  • Bajadasaurus
  • Alamosaurus
  • Ampelosaurus
  • Cetiosaurus
Ornithscians:

• Scelidosaurus
  • Tarchia
  • Tenontosaurus
  • Shantungosaurus (I missed out on the PNSO version)
  • Edmontosaurus annectens (In light of the recent revelation of the hooves)
Proboscideans:

• Palaeoloxodon namadicus
  • Platybelodon
  • Moeritherium
  • Palaeoloxodon falconeri (Is three models of the same genus pushing it a bit? In this case, I don't think so!)
  • Mammuthus creticus
Other:

• Ambulocetus
  • Buriolestes
  • Prinonosuchus
  • Aepyornis
  • Dinornis
  • Platecarpus
  • Pliosaurus
  • Phosphorosaurus (In retrospect, I should have specified ponpetelegans, although as it is the more well known species, they'd likely make it anyways)
  • Riojasaurus
  • Lisowicia
  • Arctodus simus
  • Pelagornis (For this and the next suggestion, I specified a flight posture)
  • Argentavis
  • Shonisaurus
  • Moschops
  • Livyatan
  • Paraceratherium
  • Tiktaalik
  • Procoptodon goliah
  • Armadillosuchus

Shonisaurus

It would be interesting if Eofauna performed a concavenator is an exotic theropod and one never tires of collecting a new one. An albertosaurus by Eofauna would break the general tonic of all dinosaur brands to always make the tyrannosaurus rex.

On the other hand a riojasaurus, alamosaurus or barapasaurus (which replaces that of Schleich) or a barasoarus.

A moeritherium or a platybelodon or a mammoth americanum would be other good addictions.

tanystropheus

Eofauna should make a Odobenocetops ! I mean who wouldn't want a prehistoric walrus headed whale! :o

Halichoeres

Some strong suggestions, avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium. I'm definitely on board with Tarchia, Scelidosaurus, Tenontosaurus, Limusaurus, Cetiosaurus, Phosophorosaurus, Lisowicia, and Armadillosuchus in particular.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I really like your suggestions but unfortunately Eofauna only focuses on sauropods, theropods and prehistoric elephants, I wish there were more variety of species and any of your choices are highly codified by many of us who are members of DTF.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 23, 2019, 09:53:04 AM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I really like your suggestions but unfortunately Eofauna only focuses on sauropods, theropods and prehistoric elephants, I wish there were more variety of species and any of your choices are highly codified by many of us who are members of DTF.

Well, the survey included an "other" category. I figure anything goes there.

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 23, 2019, 04:25:24 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 23, 2019, 09:53:04 AM

Well, the survey included an "other" category. I figure anything goes there.

Yeah. Besides, ornithscians was one of the main survey categories, implying they're going to start also focusing on them  soon.

Over9K

You know... I wish someone could get hold of those Invicta molds and reissue those... maybe painted this time...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: