News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs for sale in Greenhills again

Started by Piltdown 龍, April 24, 2019, 08:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piltdown 龍

Will be bringing one, or both, of the latest Rebor Grab and Go T. rex to Robin's sometime next week.

Edit: Brown G n G T. rex now at Robin's.

Sold :)
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Piltdown 龍

Added a battle damage gallimimus and a non battle damaged one at Robin's. Grab N Go T. rex (brown) has been sold. Probably my last batch, I have run out of non-tyrannosaurids to dispose of  ;D

Piltdown 龍

Culling the collection a bit more,  the JW Tarbosaurus and a Rebor Raptor are now at Robin's.

Piltdown 龍

Fortunately for buyers of cheap dinosaurs who benefit from my easily irritated sensibilities  :(  ;D I have decided to offer most of my T rexes for sale except for the Battats and some Papos. (And the Safaris.) Most likely list: Jurassic World Bite n Fight Rex, JW Epic Roarin' Rex, Extreme Chompin' T rex, various Snap Squads, green Papo Running Rex (reglued front toe), JW Sarcosuchus. More may be added when stock is sold and shelf space becomes available. Probably drop by very early next week before Christmas.

Thanks to whoever has been buying the dinosaurs so far :)

Piltdown 龍

Dinosaurs brought to Robin's. Papo green and rainbow running T rexes, plus Jurassic World Epic Roarin' T rex Bite n Fight, Extreme Chompin T rex , Tarbosaurus, Sarcosuchus, Battle Damage Galli, Snap squad T rexes and velociraptors, Velociraptor Charlie, large JPIII deco Spinosaurus, Scutosaurus, etc., Kinto Soft Model Allosaurus and Spinosaurus, UHA Tarbosaurus, Dino Expo T rex and Mamenchisaurus by Capcom, Dino Expo Chuanjiesaurus by Kaiyodo, Dinometal Brachiosaurus, Papo "Blue" Velociraptor.

Piltdown 龍

After the contretemps on the Ubirajara thread I've decided to sell all my dinos with the exception of the Battats, which for whatever reason no one likes, despite being displayed for years.

Edit: Rebor Killer Queen Jungle, Rebor Gran n Go Redhead T rex, Jurassic World Albertosaurus, Papo "green" Velociraptor,  Snap Squad Indominus, Safari Qianzhaosaurus, Kinto Soft Model T rex added.

Flaffy

Quote from: MagicGlueLong on December 22, 2020, 03:49:04 AM
After the contretemps on the Ubirajara thread I've decided to sell all my dinos with the exception of the Battats, which for whatever reason no one likes, despite being displayed for years.

avatar_Piltdown 龍 @MagicGlueLong  I mean, I don't think anyone would want to buy figures that were "smashed and destroyed".

Piltdown 龍

I didn't destroy all the Battats, I kept the Snowshoe T rex (and a few others) and offered them for sale, but turns out no one wants Battats anymore, so Snowshoe T rex came back home with me.

The Kaiyodo and Kabaya Seismosaurs though...  :-X

BlueKrono

Wow. That's kinda like going on a puppy fan page and saying you just adopted a bunch of dogs and then put them all down.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Flaffy

Quote from: MagicGlueLong on December 23, 2020, 05:02:07 AM
I didn't destroy all the Battats, I kept the Snowshoe T rex (and a few others) and offered them for sale, but turns out no one wants Battats anymore

What??? ??? A $1000 listing on Ebay for the entire Battat collection just sold a few months ago. That alone should say something about the demand for these figures.
I'm sure you would've received plenty of offers for OG Battat figures if you sold them on Ebay, Facebook Marketplace or even here on the DTF. But hey, guess impulsive saltiness trumps patience. 

Piltdown 龍

Well, for two years nobody wanted to pay $15 for a Battat snowshoe rex. No one till now wants to pay $5–yes, $5–for a Battat Ceratosaurus. It took three years to sell a Kaiyodo Therizinosaurus for $4, a Megalania for $2. No one wanted to pay $5 for a Kaiyodo Seismosaurus that costs $200 in Japan. No one wanted to pay $1.50 for a Quick WwD Diplodocus. No one wants to pay $4 for a Dino Expo figure that used to go for $40. And if I sold it here on DTF I would not hear the end of people grumbling about the $40 shipping for a Kaiyodo, although that would be less than the post office would have charged me.  I think I have been more than patient. It's not my doing the world has abandoned Kaiyodo for CollectA. How many people even here have posted recent purchases of Kaiyodo Dino Expo figures lately?

If people in Manila prefer Papos and Mattels that are unavailable in Toys R Us here then I will gladly supply that market, because at least I know and feel satisfied that the kids really want those figures, instead of the whimsical choices of parents trying to force "educational" toys on them. I wouldn't want to be a child who wants a Triceratops with an action feature but whose parent is insisting he/she play with a trilobite figurine instead.

BlueKrono

Kaiyodo's been around for a while, and they're generally fairly cheap, especially for the high quality you get with them. I'm not looking for Kaiyodos anymore because I already have the ones I need, and other members might be in the same boat. They're wonderful figures.

It just seems a shame to destroy or throw away any figures when there's likely places they could be donated to, especially this time of year.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Flaffy

Patience, as in actively seeking out other options for sales; instead of being dead-set on trying to sell them at a GreenHills in Manila when it's been made clear to you that the interest simply isn't there in your local area.

For the record, it's perfectly fine if you don't want to sell online, and only prefer to do physical sales. However, you can't blame the lack of interest on international online communities like the DTF when you:
1) Restrict your sales to local pick-up.
2) Don't have a clear and comprehensive list of the items you're selling, nor images for proof (which also allows for quality checks)

Another benefit of being an international community is that there are potential buyers all across the globe. Not everyone is going to have the same shipping rates. So honestly I don't understand the point about $40 shipping when its obvious that buyers based closer to your physical location are obviously going to have lower rates; buyers that you yourself eliminated the chance of even contacting when you destroyed your own stock.
If someone wants something enough, I'm sure they'll be willing to shell out a few extra bucks for a figure they've been searching for. I know I would.

QuoteIt's not my doing the world has abandoned Kaiyodo for CollectA.
Again, you're making assumptions about the entire hobby based on your personal experience in a single geographical location.
It's entirely your own doing for pushing away potential buyers. And giving people here (or me at least) a negative impression by acting out of spite and pettiness when your items don't sell.
As BlueKrono said, destroying such wonderful figures is incredibly wasteful. Not only because they are rare and highly desirable, but also that they could've been donated to organisations/individuals.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 23, 2020, 12:53:25 PM
Kaiyodo's been around for a while, and they're generally fairly cheap, especially for the high quality you get with them. I'm not looking for Kaiyodos anymore because I already have the ones I need, and other members might be in the same boat. They're wonderful figures.

It just seems a shame to destroy or throw away any figures when there's likely places they could be donated to, especially this time of year.

avatar_Piltdown 龍 @MagicGlueLong is trying to get a rise out of this community by saying he will destroy or throw away dinosaur figures. It's pure provocation, whether or not it's true, whether or not he deleted it after saying it. I'm banning him from posting for two week. C:-)

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on December 23, 2020, 01:26:37 PM
Patience, as in actively seeking out other options for sales; instead of being dead-set on trying to sell them at a GreenHills in Manila when it's been made clear to you that the interest simply isn't there in your local area.

For the record, it's perfectly fine if you don't want to sell online, and only prefer to do physical sales. However, you can't blame the lack of interest on international online communities like the DTF when you:
1) Restrict your sales to local pick-up.
2) Don't have a clear and comprehensive list of the items you're selling, nor images for proof (which also allows for quality checks)

Another benefit of being an international community is that there are potential buyers all across the globe. Not everyone is going to have the same shipping rates. So honestly I don't understand the point about $40 shipping when its obvious that buyers based closer to your physical location are obviously going to have lower rates; buyers that you yourself eliminated the chance of even contacting when you destroyed your own stock.
If someone wants something enough, I'm sure they'll be willing to shell out a few extra bucks for a figure they've been searching for. I know I would.

QuoteIt's not my doing the world has abandoned Kaiyodo for CollectA.
Again, you're making assumptions about the entire hobby based on your personal experience in a single geographical location.
It's entirely your own doing for pushing away potential buyers. And giving people here (or me at least) a negative impression by acting out of spite and pettiness when your items don't sell.
As BlueKrono said, destroying such wonderful figures is incredibly wasteful. Not only because they are rare and highly desirable, but also that they could've been donated to organisations/individuals.
Your last point, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy , is particularly relevant to us. Yes, not everybody is interested in our hobby, our passion. BUT, one audience is almost certainly attentive - that's children. I did a large clearing out of my collection (of duplicates) several years ago and gave 250-300 dinos to local daycare centers. They were thrilled to receive them and the donations remain a source of fun and learning for many, many years. Also, private donations are good too. So, thanks for bringing up this option. One added side benefit to giving things away is that it counteracts the tendency to become bound-up by our possessions. We need to own them, not the reverse. It's much more fun to be a collector when it's a free choice and not an overmastering obsession (which is a risk, of course, IMO).

Piltdown 龍

Lots of sales over the New Year, so what's left are the Jurassic World Tarbosaurus, Carnotaurus, Scutosaurus MIB, Sarcosuchus, Battle Damage Gallimimus, regular Gallimimus, Raptor Snap Squad; Kinto Soft Model T. rex and Allosaurus; Papo green, blue velociraptors and Papo Carnotaurus.  Rebor Killer Queen Jungle and Rebor Charlie Velociraptor.  Lots of Dino Expo figures.

Will be adding PNSO Wilson (I don't know if just one or both) soon.

Piltdown 龍

Battat Terra T rex and PNSO T. rex (the previous wrinkled version, without base) now at Robin's. That is the last batch of dinos I think (Papo green rex isn't going anywhere :) ) (unless I decide to sell of Wilson). Bite and Fight JW T. rex still available.

Piltdown 龍

I just went to Robin's again and lowered prices across the board

Piltdown 龍

Will be bringing Winter Wilson and (if there's room in my cabinet) one of the Extreme Chompin' T rexes :)

Edit: Winter Wilson and tan Chomping rex now at Robin's

Piltdown 龍

Update: Battat Terra T rex and Papo Carnotaurus sold, the rest of the items listed above still available :)

Edit: Gallimimuses sold

Edit: Chompin T rex and Raptor Snap Squad sold

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: