News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PREHISTORIC PLANET

Started by dragon53, May 08, 2019, 05:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edu

The scene with Majungasaurus and Simosuchus was sooo great! Exciting, fun and naturalistic at the same time. The cgi is phenomenal, Simosuchus look completely real.

I've dreamt about something like PP since i was a kid, when i heard that Paul Verhoeven intended to make a silent movie about dinosaurs, something "real". A project that years later became Disney's Dinosaur... that's at least how we told the story among dinosaur nerds in my twon...

But now the dream is real!

Pliosaurking

The second episode was great as well, with some very cool underrated creatures being featured. I do think I preferred islands over this one however.

Gwangi

By the time I got done with the first episode last night the second one was ready. A pleasant surprise, especially since it was my birthday.  ^-^

Simosuchus stole the first episode for me. Hopefully now with some exposure we'll get a cool little toy of it. My preference would be Safari since Doug kills it with crocs but CollectA would no doubt deliver a quality figure too.

I was thrilled to see Velociraptor and Tarbosaurus return for the second episode. They're favorites from the first season. My favorite critter from that episode had to be Tarchia though. Great to see abelisauridae get so much screen time in both episodes too.

Duna

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 23, 2023, 03:51:20 AMSeems like I'm not going to be able to watch it because apple tv is not letting me sign up with my previous account and doesn't allow me to create a new one with my husband's email addresses. I really hate Apple TV
that's exactly what I did but they let me register, no problem. Use a new email address and a different credit card (maybe that's the problem). If you cannot register, just sent me a PM, I'll let you my user and password so you can watch it until the 29th.

Bread

Don't yall have your payment information displayed under your apple accounts? It is what I discovered which led me to not share my account  :o

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Duna on May 23, 2023, 03:09:59 PMthat's exactly what I did but they let me register, no problem. Use a new email address and a different credit card (maybe that's the problem). If you cannot register, just sent me a PM, I'll let you my user and password so you can watch it until the 29th.

Thanks for the offer, dinomikegojira very kindly share their user with me last night too. You are very kind. I don't get what's happening. I tried to revive my past account and was even going to subscribe for the month and didn't let me. Tried with a second email and also didn't let me. And with my husband's 2 emails to try to add his card it didn't even recognized the verification codes that were sent to the email, when we enter the codes it just shows a message saying to contact apple customer service support.

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Dinoxels

So proud of James. This is a big deal.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Halichoeres

I was going to wait until Season 2 of Severance to restart my Apple subscription, but all this chatter is making me want to do so earlier. (And personally I don't find that spoilers diminish my enjoyment of something. They whet my appetite if anything.)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

I was even more thrilled by the second episode than the first. My fondness for ankylosaurs predisposed me to enjoy the Tarchias enormously. Wonderful to have a sense of how the armour would behave and shift as the animal walked. As for the two sauropod segments - now I want my own Isisaurus sporting that colour palette.

Jose S.M.

I was able to watch the first episode today and maybe I'll watch the second later or tomorrow along with the third one, depends on the family.

I really like it. My favorite part was the Madagascar segment. Loved the Simosuchus and Adalatherium. I wish we had seen what happened with the Majungasaurus, it seemed to be struggling for food.

My only complaints were the thermal camera effect they used at the beginning of the Antarctica segment, I think it went for a bit too long and I know the show its supposed to immerse you like you were in there in real time but it was kind of unnecessary for me.
The second one is that it felt too short I didn't wanted to end haha.

dragon53

Dynomikegojira

Finished Swamps it's a little short but otherwise quite good and I'll just say that for those of us who wanted to see T.rex back with more action you'll definitely be pleased and also our crocodilomorphs fans will happy as well in the first segment. Madagascar makes it's returns and comes full circle as far as I'm concerned. Now it's starting to sink in that we only have to episodes left.

Bread

Watched both Badlands and Swamps.

Even though a shorter episode, Swamps is definitely rated high for me personally.
You would think it's because of a certain genus showcasing itself towards the end, well it's rather simple.
Crocodilians. Something I have been looking forward to.

Badlands was still pretty good as well. It felt a little slower paced but in a good way. I was more of a fan of the attitude of the herbivores. I feel as though many present them to be calm, but rather like our modern day Elephants, Rhinos, etc. they can have a temper towards outsiders.

Gwangi

Nice to see Prehistoric Planet continue its trend of stretching the definition of the biomes they allegedly feature. Not a big deal, it's somewhat amusing actually.

It was somewhat jarring to hear an American bullfrog calling in Cretaceous Madagascar.  :P

Don't get me wrong though, loved the episode. Though the runtime was somewhat disappointing. Great to see T. rex "in action" but my favorite segment was probably the Pachycephalosaurs.

Pliosaurking

Out of the three thus far swamps was my favourite, Between the Rex action scene, the Pachycepalosaurus segment, and the Crocodilian and devil Toad scenes I loved it. I'm quite excited to see the next 2!

Brocc21

The Rex segment was a pleasant surprise, I would've figured it was being saved for North America.  I loved the Rex in season one but I must admit I was kind of missing the token T. rex bad-assery (even if that's a little stereotypical).  The hunt was great.  It, and that Tarbosaurus hunt from Badlands, almost had a horror vibe, without being too over the top.

Watching Beelzebufo flop around was fantastic.  Might just be my favorite creature.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

TheHeavyWing

I wasn't able to watch "Badlands" yesterday, and I skipped it today to see "Swamps", as the trailer showed the rex hunting scene.

I really enjoyed this episode, the Beelzebufo has the greatest CGI IMO. Loved the Pachycephalosaurus segment as well, and I would bet anything that they based their colour pallete on the Kenner TLW Pachycephalosaurus toy, change my mind.

Carnoking

You know it's a good sign where, unlike with season 1, you have a hard time choosing a favorite episode thus far. Badlands was amazing and gave us probably my favorite designing form the entire series with that awesome Rajasaurus. I wasn't super into swamps from the outset but great sequences like a T. rex hunting scene that felt like a direct homage to When Dinosaurs Roamed America and the Pachycephalosaurus head-butting duel really elevated it. And that's before even mentioning the Beelzebufo sequence, I was grinning ear to ear whenever that fat thing was hopping around on screen. Never thought a non-dinosaur would steal the show for me but here we are.

Dynomikegojira

Ok so finished watching Oceans while I did enjoy it a lot this is the first time I felt an episode was too short but considering this is a sequel of sorts to Coasts it's admittedly a nitpick. Shockingly ammonites got the most attention of any group in this episode so that was interesting although I certainly would've hoped for the largest ammonite species to appear but unfortunately it doesn't. A Jurassic World Dominion dinosaur makes an appearance in a way you wouldn't expect and it's definitely gonna cause some mixed discussion. The Hesperonis scene was Xiphantius was the most exciting segment. Mosasaurus makes a return alongside Turangasaurus and we get Phosphorosaurus and Mortuneia as well. Surprising omissions are turtles, sharks, pterosaurs and polycotylids so that's disappointing. All in all good episode but my least favorite so far for both seasons.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: