News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Hazard: Hidden Reality Line

Started by Syndicate Bias, May 10, 2019, 09:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Well now, this is interesting. I like it when my piscivorous dinosaurs come with fish. I'd already planned to buy this, but this makes me want it more:

I'm wondering what lungfish this is, though--although modern South American lungfishes look like this, I believe all of the ones described from roughly the same time and place as Irritator were more similar to the Australian lungfish (Ceratodontidae). Strikes me as kind of an odd choice, but given the involvement of several Brazilian paleontologists, there's a good chance they know something I don't!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Carnoking

I'm assuming this is the deluxe version. Seems worthy of that title.

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 21, 2020, 11:10:52 PM
I'm wondering what lungfish this is, though--although modern South American lungfishes look like this, I believe all of the ones described from roughly the same time and place as Irritator were more similar to the Australian lungfish (Ceratodontidae). Strikes me as kind of an odd choice, but given the involvement of several Brazilian paleontologists, there's a good chance they know something I don't!

Same, I wonder if there's a specific species/genus attributed to this particular figure :))

And the Irritator is an easy must have, no questions about that. Been waiting for this beauty for almost a year(?) now, glad to see it finally getting realised.

Smilodon P.

Well now, this is interesting. I like it when my piscivorous dinosaurs come with fish. I'd already planned to buy this, but this makes me want it more:

I'm pretty sure that in the illustrations in the book "Dino Hazard", the drawing looked a lot like a Ceratodus (but, since I moved to a new apartment recently, it must be in one of the boxes to be opened).

Perhaps as the fossil record of dipnoic fish in Brazil is scarce (at most teeth, if I'm right) and part of the history takes place shortly after the separation of South America and Africa, they may have chosen a member of the Lepidosirenidae family, for being common on both continents and indicating the existence of a common ancestor yet to be found.

(P.S.: However, this is just an assumption! We would need to see with them and Hugo Cafasso to know why this change in the animal's original design!)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Smilodon P. on November 22, 2020, 03:42:31 PM

I'm pretty sure that in the illustrations in the book "Dino Hazard", the drawing looked a lot like a Ceratodus (but, since I moved to a new apartment recently, it must be in one of the boxes to be opened).

Perhaps as the fossil record of dipnoic fish in Brazil is scarce (at most teeth, if I'm right) and part of the history takes place shortly after the separation of South America and Africa, they may have chosen a member of the Lepidosirenidae family, for being common on both continents and indicating the existence of a common ancestor yet to be found.

(P.S.: However, this is just an assumption! We would need to see with them and Hugo Cafasso to know why this change in the animal's original design!)

Interesting! I don't have the book so haven't seen the illustrations for the most part. It's not unreasonable to include a lepidosirenid, they represent something of a ghost lineage through parts of the Mesozoic, so absence of evidence isn't necessarily evidence of absence. But at the same time, there are diagnosable, if fragmentary, ceratodontids that have been published from around this time/place. Anyway, like you, I'll be interested in hearing what the creators have to say about it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 23, 2020, 01:23:13 AM
Interesting! I don't have the book so haven't seen the illustrations for the most part.

You can get the eBook version on Amazon for just a few bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Dino-Hazard-Reality-Tito-Aureliano-ebook/dp/B083YSJ47G/

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 23, 2020, 04:22:57 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 23, 2020, 01:23:13 AM
Interesting! I don't have the book so haven't seen the illustrations for the most part.

You can get the eBook version on Amazon for just a few bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Dino-Hazard-Reality-Tito-Aureliano-ebook/dp/B083YSJ47G/

[Meme with two red buttons, one button labeled "support independent artists," second labeled "continue Amazon boycott"]

Sarapaurolophus

Am I understanding this correctly as the Deluxe version holding the fish and the other color variant won't be holding it? ???

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on November 23, 2020, 09:32:45 PM
Am I understanding this correctly as the Deluxe version holding the fish and the other color variant won't be holding it? ???

I'm not clear on this detail myself.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 23, 2020, 09:53:20 PM

Yes! The fish and the base will be included. I must inform you that here was an initial misunderstanding about the Deluxe version, as it's actually an exclusive for the Brazilian Funders. However, there's a high chance they will do somethig similar for the international campaign, I'll let you know!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Mattyonyx on November 24, 2020, 04:09:15 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 23, 2020, 09:53:20 PM

Yes! The fish and the base will be included. I must inform you that here was an initial misunderstanding about the Deluxe version, as it's actually an exclusive for the Brazilian Funders. However, there's a high chance they will do somethig similar for the international campaign, I'll let you know!

So the non-deluxe version does not come with the fish?

Mattyonyx

The non-Deluxe version does come with fish and base. The misunderstanding was about the Deluxe version, which wasn't originally meant to be included in the international campaign: basically it was a limited edition for Brazilian funders only, but now Dino Hazard is thinking of including it as a stretch goal for the international campaign.

Sarapaurolophus

Halichoeres

Shonisaurus

I like the Dino Hazard figures I hope they will be commercialized soon in the market.

Leyster

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Hugo Cafasso confirmed the lungfish is Equinoxioudus alxantarensis
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Flaffy

Quote from: Leyster on December 14, 2020, 10:01:22 AM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Hugo Cafasso confirmed the lungfish is Equinoxioudus alxantarensis

Interesting :o

Looking forward to getting the lungfish! (and its spinosaur accessory) ;)

Halichoeres

L @Leyster Thank you! That confirms it's closer to Ceratodus, although Equinoxiodus is a taxon known only from teeth.

Quote from: Flaffy on December 14, 2020, 10:23:50 AM

My thoughts exactly!

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 15, 2020, 06:10:10 PM

L @Leyster Thank you! That confirms it's closer to Ceratodus, although Equinoxiodus is a taxon known only from teeth.

My thoughts exactly!

That's kind of my question...is the lungfish removable? Because I pretty much only want that part! Although the dino is nice...

Leyster

Quote from: SBell on December 18, 2020, 04:31:36 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on December 15, 2020, 06:10:10 PM

My thoughts exactly!

That's kind of my question...is the lungfish removable? Because I pretty much only want that part! Although the dino is nice...
Based on the unboxing I saw, yes. avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx , do you have the link?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: