News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PrimevalRaptor's photographic experiments

Started by PrimevalRaptor, July 22, 2019, 07:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Nice photos of Papo's giganotosaurus. Honestly, the position of that figure of Papo is unreal but in general, as you say, the sculpture is very good, especially the head is very well modeled. We have to understand that the Papo brand like other brands are mainly intended for a children's world, not the world of collecting, although many collectors (including myself) and even paleontologists collect these beautiful figures of Papo.

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you! And agreed, I'm sure kids have a blast playing with this guy.
On the terms of poses, their Ceratosaurus is more on the natural side, luckily. Probably one of their best theropods, a natural pose, great colors and a ton of detail for such a small model (which is part of why I picked this over the Acrocanthosaurus, they had that too and I may pick that up in the future, but the detail on this guy really struck me.)
Should also take the Chilesaurus with me next time, though that one's a bit trickier with the pose.

Shonisaurus

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor I already congratulated you on your new acquisition and sincerely the photographs make that reproduction of Papo very interesting, the figure enhances the background landscape. My congratulations on your photographic art.

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you! The Ceratosaurus really blends in nicely with foresty environments.

Got the Safari Ltd Parasaurolophus for Christmas and finally got around to taking some proper pics at our local park.
Absolutely stunning model, the promo pictures didn't do it justice, the sculpting and texture is incredible (and even if I'd maybe preferred some different pattern on the head, I absolutely love the coloration)

Had some time constraints (and freezing cold) to battle but I hope next time I can finally take along the Sauropelta and Papo's Chilesaurus.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations! Nice Christmas acquisition that parasaurolophus from Safari, it is very well set, what artistic photographs you make.

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you, it really was a great gift,it's so great to look at!

And speaking of great gifts, had the Safari Sauropelta for over a year now (was my christmas present the year before lmao) and finally got around to taking some photos
What an amazing model, love all the sculpted details

Flaffy

The Safari Sauropelta is one of my favorite Safari figures as well! And in my personal opinion, is one of Doug's strongest sculpts by far. Thanks for sharing.

PrimevalRaptor

Yeah I strongly agree, it's a great figure, even greater in hand, all the osteoderms and scales are just incredible, the neck area may be one of my favorites there.

And speaking of favorites, the PNSO Lambeosaurus quickly rose up to my favorites after finally getting my hands on it, I think the pictures speak for itself:

PrimevalRaptor

*blows dust off the thread*
Has it really been that long? I hope this year has me find more models I wanna take pics of lol (I should take the Papo Smilodon next time)
At least I finally got around to snap some pics of the Schleich Tarbosaurus, still a surprising favorite of mine despite inaccuracies. The color scheme REALLY makes it stand out.

PrimevalRaptor

Finally got around for some new photos, originally just planned the Papo Styracosaurus but since I stumbled upon the Terra Cryolophosaurus I had to take a pic too (though I may do some more in the future if I find better spots with less leaves on the ground lol)
Still think that despite the paint app being not as detailed as the original release the colors on the repainted Styracosaurus are pretty nice.

PrimevalRaptor

Finally after bad weather and some phone issues I had the chance for some new photos, featuring Kaiyodos Quetzalcoatlus, the Safari Ltd Prestosuchus and Uintatherium and Papos Acrocanthosaurus (with the classic dynamic Papo pose making it a bit tricky to photograph lol)

There's a few additional angles over on my Twitter (dh_paleoart) :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.