News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Annoying Youtube video

Started by khallam, July 22, 2019, 09:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khallam

Just watched an video on Youtube about top 10 biggest Dinosaurs and two of the entries were Pliosaur and Plesiosaur 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

PlesiosaurusNessy

That sounds very interesting and fantastic for me as a greatest fan of Plesiosaurs and Pliosaurs!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Brocc21

Quote from: PlesiosaurusNessy on July 22, 2019, 09:30:23 PM
That sounds very interesting and fantastic for me as a greatest fan of Plesiosaurs and Pliosaurs!
Dude, uh I uh think you missed the point. They aren't even dinosaurs. He's saying the video is bad.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Libraraptor

There are still so many misconceptions about prehistoric animals out there,  I don't waste my time anymore getting annoyed by them. Better get used to it.

Syndicate Bias

Whaaa but I thought plesiosaurs and Pterosaurs were dinosaurs all along!

Btw did you know Dimetrodon was a dinosaur???

PumperKrickel

deleted

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

brontosauruschuck

I've thought about coming up with a list of things every person should know about dinosaurs before graduating sixth grade. I can only speak to my own school experience, but it seems like most schools teach about dinosaurs (or 'dinosaurs') as a way of seducing kids into understanding some basic nature concepts like 'This is an herbivore. That means it eats plants.' Really, we should be teaching students what made dinosaurs successful and how that ties in to our own place in big history. More time passed between the last Stegosaurus and the first Tyrannosaurus than between the last Tyrannosaurus and the first human. Dinosaurs are still alive today and most of them are thriving. If people don't know that, then it's easy for them to develop a very outdated understanding of how life on earth works. What's the harm in that? Well, in my home country people vote on how we interact with the environment and other life, and elect people who made decisions. If you have this idea that dinosaurs looked like lizard kangaroos dragging their tails on the ground and they waited around to go extinct so superior humans could take over, you are bound to make stupid decisions in that regard. Those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it.

Sorry for the rant.

brontosauruschuck

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.