News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Balaur's Dinosaur Art

Started by Balaur, September 08, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

Balaur

tyrantqueen

Your stuff looks nice, but I hate to say it- you need to alter the brightness/contrast on your images, they're too light and I can't make out most of the details. Sorry, just being honest :-\

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 30, 2013, 09:11:27 AM
Your stuff looks nice, but I hate to say it- you need to alter the brightness/contrast on your images, they're too light and I can't make out most of the details. Sorry, just being honest :-\

It's okay. I'm still learning how to use the scanner. Thanks for reminding me.

Balaur

Except the unaccepted in my WWD line. Meaning, expect wild things. A more realistic and awesome Didelphodon, a Mantellisaurus, and a feathered ankylosaur. (Wow!)

TheAllosaur

Very good WWD series! But a FEATHERED ANKYLOSAUR???? No way...
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on May 14, 2013, 12:41:45 AM
Very good WWD series! But a FEATHERED ANKYLOSAUR???? No way...

Yes way. Its not like it will be on its armour and skin and everywhere, you'll have to see what I mean by that when I release the pic.

TheAllosaur

Nervous to see it..but excited!!
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on May 15, 2013, 01:57:17 AM
Nervous to see it..but excited!!

You're nervous? Hold onto your chair because here is the very special WWD feathered Gastonia!

Why Gastonia in the WWD? Well, Polacanthus was seen in the original in North America, and so I replaced it with the very similar Gastonia. Why the feathers? I don't know, just expirementing. You can obviously see the feathery beard, and although I tried to get it obvious to see, if you look hard, there are tiny little tuff of feathers on the legs and the throat. Onto the non shrink wrapped Didelphodon.

Yutyrannus

Awesome pictures! I really like the feathered Gastonia!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on May 15, 2013, 04:01:21 AM
Awesome pictures! I really like the feathered Gastonia!

Thanks! I just finished my feathered WWD Dromaeosaurus. It is really cool!

TheAllosaur

Part-time genius!

tyrantqueen

Ankylosaurus reminds me of this idea
http://hyrotrioskjan.deviantart.com/art/Three-mongolian-noses-349975063?q=gallery%3Ahyrotrioskjan%2F26535146&qo=16

You might want to consider giving credit if that's where you got the idea from.

Balaur

That is exactly where I got my inspiration. It's a very cool idea!

Balaur

I am going to do something slightly strange. I am going to draw a feathered Gorgosaurus, (a remake of my old and somewhat horrendous version) but it will have the same colour scheme as the Gorgosaurus featured in the Walking with Dinosaurs 3D movie. I know its so early, but this is a look to just see what Gorgosaurus would look like with these feathers and colour schemes. I will use the iridescent blue and the purple body and white striped body with two different pictures.

Patrx

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on May 17, 2013, 05:54:28 AM
I am going to do something slightly strange. I am going to draw a feathered Gorgosaurus, (a remake of my old and somewhat horrendous version) but it will have the same colour scheme as the Gorgosaurus featured in the Walking with Dinosaurs 3D movie. I know its so early, but this is a look to just see what Gorgosaurus would look like with these feathers and colour schemes. I will use the iridescent blue and the purple body and white striped body with two different pictures.

That's a neat idea! Something to keep in mind, however, is the way feather coloration works. The simple, fuzzy feathers that dinosaurs like Yutyrannus had couldn't be iridescent, or even blue at all. Those colors are structural, meaning that they need more complex, vaned feathers in order to work. I think it is conceivable for Gorgosaurus to have had such feathers, though. Take a look at this blog post by Matthew Martyniuk for more on the subject.

Balaur

Thanks Patrx! I have finished a picture of a Utahraptor chick, for my WWD Series, but it is not from a WWD Utahraptor colour scheme. It is an intresting colour scheme, and I think all of you will find the chick to be the most adorable thing you have ever seen from me.

TheAllosaur

Excellent, a Utahraptor, I live in Utah!
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Hey guys, as a heads up, I just created my Deviantart account, so you can see my art mostly from there now, but I will still post here. Here's the link. http://alexornisantecedens.deviantart.com/

Balaur

I promise to show all of you a huge array of pictures soon. The problem is that I can't upload the pictures for some reason, and I do have lovely drawings coming your way. I do have the first true bird itself, Aurornis, along with a Dendronynchoides and one of the most bizarre mating behaviours ever depicted in paleoart (No, it's not the Citipati from 'All Yesterdays')

Oh, and I also have an exciting Sinornis in the works currently.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: