News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Balaur's Dinosaur Art

Started by Balaur, September 08, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAllosaur

Awesome! I may move to Colorado  :'(
At least there are a lot of dino's there!
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Just finished scaling my Giganotosaurus, pics will be posted later. I have some creatures to do done the pipeline. Here they are -
1. Aucasaurus
2. 19 year old Tyrannosaurus
3. Baryonyx
4. Acrocanthosaurus
5. Bambiraptor
6. Spinosaurus
7. Carnotaurus
8. Zalmoxes
9. Yutyrannus
10. Deinonychus
11. Balaur bondoc.  ^-^
12. Troodon formosus  ^-^
13. Unenlagia Fishing
14. Talos
15. Triceratops

TheAllosaur

YES! Acrocanthosaurus is awesome!!! I can't wait!
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on September 22, 2012, 01:17:25 PM
YES! Acrocanthosaurus is awesome!!! I can't wait!

I've been wanting to do one for a while, but decided to do Giganotosaurus and Concavenator (reminds, me, I need to do a Concavenator too)

Anyways, looking for Scott Hartmans skeletal of Acrocanthosaurus...

TheAllosaur

Scott's works are very useful. I have used his Masiakasaurus and Majungasaurus skeletal drawings. I think you used the Majungasaurus for yours too. :)
Have you seen his Ornitholestes?
Part-time genius!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: TheAllosaur on September 22, 2012, 07:24:00 PM
Scott's works are very useful. I have used his Masiakasaurus and Majungasaurus skeletal drawings. I think you used the Majungasaurus for yours too. :)
I use his skeletals too.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on September 22, 2012, 07:24:00 PM

I believe I have seen his skeletal for Ornitholestes. His skeletals are the main source I use for drawing. They are amazingly useful.

Balaur

Ready to faint in amazment? Too bad.

TheAllosaur

The Giganotosaurus is the best yet! It is awesome! I can't wait for more like that!  ;D ;D
His (Scott Hartman) Ornitholestes had a primitive toe claw! Isn't that a bit...crazy?
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on September 23, 2012, 02:49:37 AM
The Giganotosaurus is the best yet! It is awesome! I can't wait for more like that!  ;D ;D
His (Scott Hartman) Ornitholestes had a primitive toe claw! Isn't that a bit...crazy?

Hmmm. Intresting about the claw.

Thanks! It was really hard to draw each scale one by one, so I won't be doing it for some time. Though, prepare to see a scaled Tylosaur coming your way sooner or later  ;D

tyrantqueen

Your work is good. I like how you managed to get all the proportions correct, which is something a lot of artists don't do.

Some constructive criticism: the poses of your dinosaurs are rather static. It would be a good idea to try and draw them in some more action orientated poses rather than just standing there. Also you could add some backgrounds.

It might be hard to try new things at first but it will be very rewarding once you master it :)

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 23, 2012, 10:12:34 AM
Your work is good. I like how you managed to get all the proportions correct, which is something a lot of artists don't do.

Some constructive criticism: the poses of your dinosaurs are rather static. It would be a good idea to try and draw them in some more action orientated poses rather than just standing there. Also you could add some backgrounds.

It might be hard to try new things at first but it will be very rewarding once you master it :)

Constructive criticism is always welcome. I just finished a Deinonychus (I'll keep people guessing what I used for inspiration on his colouring) and I plant to add the tail end of a dinosaur, or dinosaur foot, and add a log or something along those lines.

I really try very hard to get the proportions correct. If I feel the Legs are too short, too long, to buffy, I try again. It's tiring work but work that pays off in the end.

And thanks for the criticism. In my line up I also have a Unenlagia hunting for fish, which I'm starting right now. :)

TheAllosaur

Ha! I love the Acro! In my opinion, they would be the meanest and most dangerous dinosaur. (why? i don't know)
Looking forward to the Unenlagia!
Part-time genius!

Balaur

I can't post picture here on my iPad for some reason, but I have to gt my cimputer working.

I am going to redo my Tyrannosaurus so fix 3 toes showing and show the realistic two toes, and add more feathers. :)

TheAllosaur

you have an iPad?
everyone seems to these days. not me. The most advanced technology I have is a laptop. Never EVER played angry birds.
Looking forward to the T-Rex! Can't wait to see the update!
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on September 28, 2012, 01:14:44 PM
you have an iPad?
everyone seems to these days. not me. The most advanced technology I have is a laptop. Never EVER played angry birds.
Looking forward to the T-Rex! Can't wait to see the update!

Yup. I has iPad. I did play Angry Birds on it but got bored and deleted almost immediatley lol.

I wanted to draw my T.rex, but for some reason my whacky mind decided to add a Triceratops!  :o

The real update is coming soon, also, allosaur, you said you'll give a tutorial. Do you want to see mine? If so, I can put in one!  ;D

Balaur

I just decided to make a Walking with Dinosaurs line, like Allosaurs JP Series.

The Leaellynasaura and Australovenator are part of the WWD Line. They are basically the samecreatures as in the original series, but updated, but same colour patterns. I am working on the Eustreptospondylus. You'll all be suprised to see what it looks like.

Anyways, if an updated version of the series is made, this is what the creatures would look like. :)

TheAllosaur

Wow, you have a lot coming! Love walking with dinosaurs, can't wait to see those!
A turorial would bu great. Mine will be started once i finish my two spec allosaurs.
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on October 01, 2012, 01:25:43 PM
Wow, you have a lot coming! Love walking with dinosaurs, can't wait to see those!
A turorial would bu great. Mine will be started once i finish my two spec allosaurs.

Yeah, WWD is the best dino doc ever made. In fact, while drawing my Eustreptospondylus I was watching Ep. 3!  ;D

Also, Dr. Admin, would Cryptoclidus or Liopleurodon have tail fins?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: