News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Balaur's Dinosaur Art

Started by Balaur, September 08, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

I am doing my first mammal, a Didelphodon for my WWD series. I am basing it off of a skeleton that was found this year, but is still undescribed. It shows that Didelphodon was more like an otter than a badger, here's the skeletal I used for it.

Trust me, right now, my Didelphodon looks like a badger and an otter combined, almost done colouring it.

ZoPteryx

I had no knowledge of this find, very cool and can't wait to see the finished product! :D

Balaur

Quote from: Zopteryx on November 01, 2012, 01:56:36 AM
I had no knowledge of this find, very cool and can't wait to see the finished product! :D

I imagine it in a remake of WWD that it'll be in the water, and rarley invade the rexes nest.

Balaur

I will be drawing the feathered Ornithomimus later tonight after I find a skeletal. If not, tomorrow because, feeeeewwwww... I am tired!     :P

Balaur

I am doing my favourite extinct cold blooded reptile, titanoboa. Scaling it! I do have some photos though, so here you guys go.

Now here is my much anticipated Didelphodon! :)

My Steropodon for my WWD series.

Diplodocus sketch (WWD)

Allosaurus (WWD) sketch

My WWD Postosuchus

An why not, a photo of Titanoboa in progress. :)

I'll do my Ornithomimus later tonight.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Balaur

Balaur

My cutest pic ever!

A mother Ornithomimus with her chicks, one of them sits on her back! How cute!

The Xenoceratops in progress. Does the head look too small? And yes, I do have quills on its tail. :)

My titanoboa in progress

TheAllosaur

Wow, a lot of new awesome, pictures! Like the Semi-bipedal postosuchus, kind of like my JP one. :)
And i hope to see the Allosaurus and Titanoboa finished!
Part-time genius!

Balaur

I have a whole barage of ceratopsians to throw at you people! Watch out for those horns!  ;D

Xenoceratops

Centrosaurus eating an apple.

Diabloceratops male

Protoceratops sketch

TheAllosaur

Wow, a lot of frills there!
By the way, Diabloceratops (which is very colorful, by the way  ;D) was found very close to where I live. Less than a 2 hour drive away, from what I know.   :)
Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on November 19, 2012, 01:37:30 PM
Wow, a lot of frills there!
By the way, Diabloceratops (which is very colorful, by the way  ;D) was found very close to where I live. Less than a 2 hour drive away, from what I know.   :)

Cool! I have two new ceratopsians for you! :)

Protoceratops

Triceratops with tiny quills on it's tail. :)

TheAllosaur

Wow, you've done a lot! Sorry I haven't done much, school and all. My mystery JP Asian Allosaur is being worked on..
Part-time genius!

ZoPteryx

Excellent ceratopsians Balaur! :)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Balaur

Quote from: Jetoar on November 21, 2012, 09:35:13 AM
Prtoceratops is cool  ^-^.

Cool! Thanks for the kind words everyone! In a few hours I'll be slicing the flesh of an extant dinosaur.  ;D

alexeratops

Ha! That's funny! A thanksgiving joke! Happy 10 day weekend for me!!!!
like a bantha!

Balaur

I am back, and have a load of new photos for you guys. I'm not feeling well, my throat hurts.  :(

I drew these two about a month or two ago, but finished colouring them today.

My WWD Othnielia.

A Stegoceras

This one was drawn a month or so ago, but finished drawing and colouring today (speaking of which I won't be finishing my Baryonyx)

The rest where drawn today, except the last one, which was from yesterday.

Spinophorosaurus

Dsungaripterus eating a crab, it's hard to draw folded wings, I did my best on this one!  :)

The flamingo-duck. ;)

Basilosaurus

And by favourite drawing I've down so far, and loosely based off of Primeval: New World's creatures colour (the saddest episode I've ever seen in any show in my life!  :'( )

Lycaenops.

TheAllosaur

Part-time genius!

Balaur

Quote from: TheAllosaur on November 29, 2012, 12:01:09 AM
How is it sad?

First off, one of the main characters girlfriend was killed by a Lycaenops, and then, after one if the characters killed a Kycaenops, another came over, and. It was obviously sad of it's mates death, and, it showed emotion. You can tell it was so sad. And then, it's weakest moment, the character whos girlfriend was killed shot and killed the creature. At that moment, I felt more pain for the creature, then the human. And it was an incredibly dark episode. Sorry if I spoiled things, watch the episode and you'll see. I was really just in shock when it went from dark, to darker, and when the Lycaenops was killed, it just turned black hole. It was really sad.  :'(

Anyways, let's get back to my drawings shall we.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: