News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Extant Birds Figures

Started by brontodocus, March 16, 2012, 10:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooth

Just a question: which company produced these marvellous bird figures i own since i was a toddler (a dear gift from my parents, they also forgot where they bought 'em):

they chirped and tweeted many years ago; really great toys!  ;)

blue and red jay:

two passerines (don't ask me about the species, i forgot  :P)

my favorite, a cinciallegra (don't know the english name) and a yellow birdie whose name i AGAIN forgot:

Hope you like 'em  :)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Himmapaan

Oh, they're lovely. I would have absolutely loved those if they were given me as a child. I still would, naturally.  ;D

Bokisaurus

I have no clue who made those birds, but they are super cool figures. ^-^
Okay, I really should not be checking out this thread... I see so many cool figures that I want, so tempting >:D to add "just that one more cool bird" he he he ;D
Here are some from my collection recently

Sharptooth

Eh eh, thanks  ;)

X Boki:

is that the WS roadrunner, right?

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

HKHollinstone

Quote from: Sharptooth on June 02, 2012, 04:31:37 PM

my favorite, a cinciallegra (don't know the english name) and a yellow birdie whose name i AGAIN forgot:

The one on the left in English is a Great Tit, as for the right one Yellow Hammer maybe?

Sharptooth

Ah yes, now i remember! Great tit is indeed the english name for Cinciallegra; guess you're right about the yellow one.

Himmapaan

'Cinciallegra' is such a beautiful name.

Sharptooth

If you're interested, that's how we call the other birds:

jay = ghiandaia

sparrow = passero

robin = pettirosso

;)

Himmapaan

I am always interested!  :D

Those are wonderful. The sparrow is of course Latin-derived. The robin is most beautifully simple: 'redbreast'.  :D

Gwangi

Just a question: which company produced these marvellous bird figures i own since i was a toddler (a dear gift from my parents, they also forgot where they bought 'em):

I used to have one of those when I was a kid. I believe mine was an eastern bluebird. I don't know anything about them though.

landrover

Marvellous birds,if I find this birds ,I will buy immediately....ยก

HKHollinstone

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 02, 2012, 05:01:56 PM
I have no clue who made those birds, but they are super cool figures. ^-^
Okay, I really should not be checking out this thread... I see so many cool figures that I want, so tempting >:D to add "just that one more cool bird" he he he ;D
Here are some from my collection recently
They're wonderful Boki!  I love Kaiyodo ^-^

postsaurischian

4D Master Bald Eagle .......

4D Master Toucan .......

HKHollinstone

They're awesome Helge, I've never seen the bald eagle before.

I just got the Kaiyodo snowy owl flying in the post yesterday, it's so beautiful!
*EDIT*
here's a couple of photos

and a photo I took outside, it's photo-shopped I had to paint out my hand and the base of the model

HKHollinstone

This one arrived this morning
Great Crested Grebe

postsaurischian

:D  The Zoorasia Snowy Owl is one of my favourite Kaiyodo birds. It's pretty rare, congratulations!
Your pictures are awesome, Harriet :)!

HKHollinstone

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 02, 2012, 10:15:26 PM
:D  The Zoorasia Snowy Owl is one of my favourite Kaiyodo birds. It's pretty rare, congratulations!
Your pictures are awesome, Harriet :)!
Thank you Helge!!  It's so beautiful, Kaiyodo are simply the best at making birds.
Is it really, I didn't know it was rare.

Himmapaan

I would dearly love to have that owl...

Jetoar

they chirped and tweeted many years ago; really great toys!  ;)

blue and red jay:

two passerines (don't ask me about the species, i forgot  :P)

I have three birds of this company Nuthatch, Robin an the other i dont remember its name
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

The only extant birds I own, both are Bald Eagles ???

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: