News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Himmapaanensis'

Started by Himmapaan, March 17, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 12, 2012, 10:54:05 PM
I so wanted to exclaim 'yes, they do!'
You should. Although their parents might give you funny looks...

Allosaurus is coming along very nicely by the way.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

DinoLord

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 15, 2012, 06:16:04 PMAndrew, I'd included you in that first version as an Utahraptor; that's what you said you were once. But I'll change you into a Giraffatitan next time if you wish (not a Brachiosaurus?).  ;)
Ah, I must have forgotten making that remark. But yes, Giraffatitan would be nice.

Patrx

That shoebill is fantastic! What an underrated animal. I've always enjoyed the style of text you use in your drawings, as well, in this case it gives the impression of a naturalist's field notes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 15, 2012, 06:16:04 PM
Haha, Chris, thank you for such an exuberant response.  ;D

Andrew, I'd included you in that first version as an Utahraptor; that's what you said you were once. But I'll change you into a Giraffatitan next time if you wish (not a Brachiosaurus?).  ;)

Your VERY welcome !

I was looking for an emoticon to express my feelings..there none here that could do it. lol ;D

Himmapaan

Quote from: Pixelboy on April 15, 2012, 08:43:12 PM
That shoebill is fantastic! What an underrated animal. I've always enjoyed the style of text you use in your drawings, as well, in this case it gives the impression of a naturalist's field notes.
Thank you, Patrick! I should perhaps point out that that's my actual handwriting, so I suppose you could say that they indeed are a naturalist's field notes. ;D

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 16, 2012, 02:29:57 AMI was looking for an emoticon to express my feelings..there none here that could do it. lol ;D

Well, I hope this won't now come as an anticlimax.  :))

Hot off the press, as it were. I'll scan the piece tomorrow, but I thought I may as well share these rather poor night-time pictures just now that I've finished it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 16, 2012, 03:04:30 AM
Quote from: Pixelboy on April 15, 2012, 08:43:12 PM
Thank you, Patrick! I should perhaps point out that that's my actual handwriting, so I suppose you could say that they indeed are a naturalist's field notes. ;D

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 16, 2012, 02:29:57 AMI was looking for an emoticon to express my feelings..there none here that could do it. lol ;D

Well, I hope this won't now come as an anticlimax.  :))

Hot off the press, as it were. I'll scan the piece tomorrow, but I thought I may as well share these rather poor night-time pictures just now that I've finished it.

Not at all ! Looks EXCELLENT ! ;D

Arioch

Wow, Niroot. No matter how many times I see it, can´t believe that you can work such small pieces so wonderfully. That allosaur is pure awesome.

Patrx

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 16, 2012, 03:04:30 AM
I should perhaps point out that that's my actual handwriting, so I suppose you could say that they indeed are a naturalist's field notes. ;D
Ah, well that explains it, then  ;D
It seems as though each time I look at a piece you've drawn, I notice some new bit of detail. Stunning.

Also, does anyone else think the design on that penny resembles R2-D2? No? Just me? Okay, then.

postsaurischian

:D Oh, the Allosaurus is brilliant, absolutely love the paint scheme.

Gryphoceratops

I already said on facebook but I'll say it again.  LOVE those colors.  Can't wait to see more.

Himmapaan

Thank you so much, guys. Here's the proper scan at last.

As you will have gathered from the dimensions, the full view is almost three times larger than the original, which, I'm obliged to say, looks better in the flesh, as it were.

Another close up, just because (well, this one is slightly better defined than the last).

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, that is a brilliant Allo! I love his loooong hand claws. And the coloration as always is beautiful too. Is he missing a tooth?  ???  ;D

Dyscrasia

I love it! So much details went into such a small drawing~

sepp

I have to say, I really admire your very distinct style of patching of the markings. It looks almost like ink spots, but they are very deliberate, sharp, and almost fractal. Even in the background, and present in the stripes as well. I love that so much. I would be thrilled to see a step by step series on how you illustrate, from start to finish.

This one in particular is just magnificent. I'm working on an Allosaurus too... I'm afraid it's nowhere near this beautiful ^_^;

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thank you so much, guys. Here's the proper scan at last.

As you will have gathered from the dimensions, the full view is almost three times larger than the original, which, I'm obliged to say, looks better in the flesh, as it were.

Another close up, just because (well, this one is slightly better defined than the last).
[/quote]

I have a new wallpaper.. ;) ;D

Quote from: sepp on April 17, 2012, 07:12:46 AM
I have to say, I really admire your very distinct style of patching of the markings. It looks almost like ink spots, but they are very deliberate, sharp, and almost fractal. Even in the background, and present in the stripes as well. I love that so much. I would be thrilled to see a step by step series on how you illustrate, from start to finish.

This one in particular is just magnificent. I'm working on an Allosaurus too... I'm afraid it's nowhere near this beautiful ^_^;

It an ALLOSAURUS. It will be beautiful ! ;D

Himmapaan

Thank you so much for your kind responses, everyone. I must admit, I'm curiously pleased with this one, tiny though it is, and think it one of my better recent efforts. It really is best seen in life to perhaps understand why. So I've been quite anxious to hear what people think of it...

Lisa, I am certain your Allosaurus will be beautiful! And I'll see if a step-by-step series of some sort can be made. I'd been thinking more about it since attending your wonderful livestream -- and by the way, I very much look forward to another when you can manage it!  :D

Chris, I hope it serves well as a wallpaper, being so small.  :D I don't know how well it might fare being enlarged from this file. But if you like, I can perhaps send you the original scan?  :)

0onarcissisto0

This looks even better in real life????? Surely, you jest! How could it be possible!!! :P
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 17, 2012, 02:35:00 PM
Thank you so much for your kind responses, everyone. I must admit, I'm curiously pleased with this one, tiny though it is, and think it one of my better recent efforts. It really is best seen in life to perhaps understand why. So I've been quite anxious to hear what people think of it...

Lisa, I am certain your Allosaurus will be beautiful! And I'll see if a step-by-step series of some sort can be made. I'd been thinking more about it since attending your wonderful livestream -- and by the way, I very much look forward to another when you can manage it!  :D

Chris, I hope it serves well as a wallpaper, being so small.  :D I don't know how well it might fare being enlarged from this file. But if you like, I can perhaps send you the original scan?  :)

My screen is 1024 x something or other...lol I just centered it though with a black background.. ;)

Yeah that would be sweet ! ;D You can try sending it to chriskastnerAThotmailDOTcom ...hopefully it will work. Hotmail can be a pain about file size sometimes.. :/

Horridus

Quote from: sepp on April 17, 2012, 07:12:46 AM
Me too. Maybe you could show your next model paint job step-by-step.

Lovely allosaur as always. Got to admire the detail in that tiny, tiny eye...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Himmapaan

Thank you, Marc.  :)

I'll try and do a series for a model too, in that case. I sometimes do post progress pictures of models as I paint them, though they're not quite of every step.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: