News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Himmapaanensis'

Started by Himmapaan, March 17, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0onarcissisto0

Oh yes, the a step-by-step for a model would interest me very much!! ::)
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Himmapaan

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on April 18, 2012, 03:09:18 PM
Oh yes, the a step-by-step for a model would interest me very much!! ::)
But surely you are hardly in need of such a thing, Jeb; least of all from me! You already paint models so beautifully!

(I was confused by your '::)' for a moment. I wasn't sure whether you were being sarcastic again or not.)  ;D

0onarcissisto0

No sarcasm at all. I have yet to master earth tones the way you do!

- DK -

Himmapaan

Thecodontosaurus in progress.

Assuming I complete it on time, this would be my submission for Bristol Dinosaur Project's Thecodontosaurus competition. the deadline is Monday, so I shall need all the luck I can get. I know I sadly won't be able to have it in colour now.

Arioch

Looks very nice Niroot, the detailed animal and background will surely look beautiful in the finished version. I like how you are adding depth to the background on this one.

Didn´t know of that art contest, maybe I´m still in time to churn something and submit it? probably not, but doesnt hurt to try...

ZoPteryx

Very nice work!   I agree with Arioch, the depth and detail are amazing!

Weaver

Go Niroot go! You can do it! Oh wow, the scene set-up is lovely. I adore the detail. You can totally get this finished in time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have to agree with everyone else, the background really adds to the over all piece. :)

Good luck ! ;D

sauroid

do you have a book of "Collected Artworks by Niroot"? you are a near legend.  ^-^
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on April 28, 2012, 07:57:07 AM
do you have a book of "Collected Artworks by Niroot"? you are a near legend.  ^-^

..and so it begins again.. ;D

0onarcissisto0

HOOOOLYYYY SMOKES! Absolutely gorgeous, Niroot. I don't even care that it's not in color. I've always loved pencil works.

- DK -

stoneage

When Niroot was 4 years old they said he was unusual.  What they meant is he's a genius, a child prodigy!

Meso-Cenozoic

Good luck to you, Niroot, on completing your Theco on time. So far, so good! I'm also liking the depth perception. A very '3D-ish' feel to it!

Himmapaan

Quote from: stoneage on April 28, 2012, 10:16:58 PM

When Niroot was 4 years old they said he was unusual.  What they meant is he's a genius, a child prodigy!
Haha, now I know you're having a laugh, John.  ;D ;D

It's so kind of you, Sauroid, but not only is it not true, some people might feel like giving me a punch to hear it.  :P But about a book, again, just watch this space. :)

Thank you for everyone's comments so far. Here is further progress.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 29, 2012, 04:09:13 AM
Quote from: stoneage on April 28, 2012, 10:16:58 PM

Haha, now I know you're having a laugh, John.  ;D ;D

It's so kind of you, Sauroid, but not only is it not true, some people might feel like giving me a punch to hear it.  :P But about a book, again, just watch this space. :)

Thank you for everyone's comments so far. Here is further progress.

Awesome progress bud ! I look forward to see it finished !

Some people want to actually hurt you ?  :o  I just can't see that at all.

Himmapaan

Thank you, Chris. :)

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2012, 06:40:39 AMSome people want to actually hurt you ?  :o  I just can't see that at all.
Haha, I was being facetious. I don't know if anyone wants to hurt me or not (though it would hardly surprise me  ;D). I was just joking that to hear me being referred to as a 'near-legend' is probably too much for worthier folk and for some others; it might provoke rather adverse reaction.  ;D

DinoToyForum

The Thecodontosaurus is coming along very nicely indeed! 8) I love the environment you've created for her. I presume it's a 'her'?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 29, 2012, 11:12:07 PM
Thank you, Chris. :)

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2012, 06:40:39 AMSome people want to actually hurt you ?  :o  I just can't see that at all.
Haha, I was being facetious. I don't know if anyone wants to hurt me or not (though it would hardly surprise me  ;D). I was just joking that to hear me being referred to as a 'near-legend' is probably too much for worthier folk and for some others; it might provoke rather adverse reaction.  ;D

I'm sure you get some people that are jealous..but most artists  I know would just play it cool. That's the real difference between a professional and amateur..don't be-little others.  Belittling one's self though is fine.. ;D

postsaurischian

The Thecodontosaurus is gorgeous, Niroot :D!
Being a big fan of graphic arts I already love it the way it is now.

In the course of time the masterpieces get multitudinous and in the end you won't be able to get around doing the book ;D.
(optimism can be be a strong point and is essential, ....... well, for me it is)

Himmapaan

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 29, 2012, 11:29:40 PM
The Thecodontosaurus is coming along very nicely indeed! 8) I love the environment you've created for her. I presume it's a 'her'?
Thank you, Doctor. It hadn't occurred to me at first, truth be told, but yes, you're right. Her name is Thesis.  ;D

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2012, 02:21:46 AMBelittling one's self though is fine.. ;D
Ah, then I am absolved. I do it almost without exception.  ;D

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 30, 2012, 07:07:21 AM
In the course of time the masterpieces get multitudinous and in the end you won't be able to get around doing the book ;D.
(optimism can be be a strong point and is essential, ....... well, for me it is)
It probably will happen. I'm just trying to accumulate more 'serious' pieces too, as at the moment, so much of it is a little 'silly-heavy'.  ;D
Thank you, Helge.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: