News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Himmapaanensis'

Started by Himmapaan, March 17, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

Wow!  I don't have the patience, let alone the skill, to even come close to your work! :o

brontodocus

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

DinoToyForum

Himmapaan

postsaurischian

Oh my ....... it's so wonderful - probably the best Dinosaur picture I've seen from you so far :-X.
You would definitely have won the competition :).

Oh, and I've just seen the three guardians of the DTF portal - Niiice - especially the Rhomaleosaurus' pose :D.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: stoneage on May 07, 2012, 02:54:08 PM
Quote from: Himmapaan on May 07, 2012, 08:54:57 AM
Thank you, guys. :)

Here is a slight diversion. The Thecodontosaurus was so hearty a meal, I had to indulge in a quick dessert.

From right, Sepp, Dr. Adam and I holding the fort.  :))

The image was conjured up by this message of Dr. Adam's and I couldn't let go of it (even though it took me a while to finally draw it!). It also strongly reminded me of this scene from Kung Fu Panda 2 ('Gongmen City is under the stewardship of the Masters' Council, and we will protect it, even from you'.)  ;D

Naturally, I want to emphasize that this in no way excludes the other moderators. The three of us just happen to be around more frequently at present, and were certainly here at the time of the 'attacks', so to speak. And it tides me over whilst I'm having to put the 'Forum Migration' illustration on hold.

I would have liked to make much more of the forum entrance, but for a relatively quick drawing, this will do. Perhaps one day, if I'm really persuaded, I might explore the idea further.

Wow Adam can float in mid air, and Niroot I'm sure your physical presence will scare away any intruders!   :))  J/K  For some reason I always thought Sepp was an Albertosaurus,

Amazing art as always! Darn, I was gone for a bit, and I miss out on being included in this piece! :'( >:D

Himmapaan

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 10, 2012, 01:03:12 AMAmazing art as always! Darn, I was gone for a bit, and I miss out on being included in this piece! :'( >:D
Aww, no! :'( ;D I shall to do a proper one with all the staff one day, promise! :D This was one of those things that I felt compelled to get out of my system relatively quickly.  :D

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 09, 2012, 03:06:55 PM
Oh my ....... it's so wonderful - probably the best Dinosaur picture I've seen from you so far :-X.
You would definitely have won the competition :).

Oh, and I've just seen the three guardians of the DTF portal - Niiice - especially the Rhomaleosaurus' pose :D.
Thank you so much, Helge. Perhaps it only looks well by virtue of being so complete a scene, and because it contrasts rather markedly from my frequent silliness.  ;D But, seriously speaking, I'm now hoping that the winning entry will be such that I never had a chance against it. Otherwise I will be angry with myself forever.  :-X

0onarcissisto0

I realize I'm a little late but the Thecodontosaurus is just gorgeous!!!!!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Himmapaan

Meso-Cenozoic

And I second Jeb's opinion! I'm also a fan of the beautiful, immensely detailed background as well.

And I love your three moderators, Niroot. You draw the best Diplos -- my favorite sauropod! I'm glad you didn't make Sepp's Coelo in scale to your Dippy, hehe!  ;)

Himmapaan

Thank you so much, Chuck.

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 11, 2012, 10:28:42 PM
You draw the best Diplos -- my favorite sauropod! I'm glad you didn't make Sepp's Coelo in scale to your Dippy, hehe!  ;)
Ah, now that is praise indeed! And yes, as with the (not yet forthcoming) 'Migration' illustration and others involving huge disparity of sizes, I have to take liberties with the scale and draw the smaller creatures at a good sort of comparative size with everything else.

Totoro

Beautiful finishing work on your Thecodont mural Niroot!  Are those monkey puzzle trees (Araucaria sp.)? 

Kind of looks like that's what they are.  I love those trees!  They were given out free at a Lewis & Clark Exposition fair here in 1905, so there are many surviving around Portland that are over a century old.  In fact, there's one on my street!   ;D

Also, a couple questions (that you've no doubt answered before somewhere).  Are you left-handed?  Looks like you are from the way you inked the mural, starting in the lower right corner.  Also, since your illustrations are so small and detailed, do you use magnification equipment when you draw, or do you just have amazing peepers?!   :o

Thanks for sharing - it's amazing.   
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

The Return Of The Mammoth's

Himmapaan

Thank you so much, Curt. Yes, they are indeed Monkey puzzles (or at least, meant to be  ;D).

I took me a while to find the relevant conversation about magnifying lenses (I couldn't remember which thread it was in, or whether it was on this forum or V.1  :))), but here it is. But the short answer is: no, I don't use one. :)

I'm right-handed, though I do so wish I was ambidextrous.  ;D But just as I have been known to start drawing an animal from its back end first, sometimes I just do things in an odd order.  :)) However, starting the inking on the bottom right corner actually had a two-fold benefit in this instance. The rocks are a relatively easy subject and they served as a good warm-up. It also minimised any possible smudging of the pencil work (although I always have a sheet of clean paper on the work as well as a great wad of scrap paper beneath my hand on top of that anyway) by having much of the right side inked first (except the dinosaur itself, which I did last of all).

I am too fond of parentheses, you know...

Himmapaan

Another relatively quick one that planted itself in my head and insisted on being drawn. This one is dedicated to Stefan (Libraraptor), who has stepped down from the moderating team.

From left: Libraraptor (waving goodbye), Dr. Admin, Sepp, Boki, myself and Blade, whom we of course also welcome as our newest staff member.

Dyscrasia

Beautiful work!

Somehow, some of your work reminds me of John Sibbick, especially in the level of detail.

sepp

Just the composition alone is beautiful on this one, Niroot. And the dinosaurs are fantastic as always.

Too bad something like this had to be drawn though - I've said it before, but at least Libra hasn't gone away for good and will still pop up in here now and agian. It's always been a pleasure working with him though, and he will be missed!

Blade-of-the-Moon

A beautiful and quite emotional piece.

It's wonderful there is a place that exists where we are all Dinosaurs as we wanted to be..and your art exists as the proof of it. :)

Takama

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 15, 2012, 10:19:54 PM
Another relatively quick one that planted itself in my head and insisted on being drawn. This one is dedicated to Stefan (Libraraptor), who has stepped down from the moderating team.

From left: Libraraptor (waving goodbye), Dr. Admin, Sepp, Boki, myself and Blade, whom we of course also welcome as our newest staff member.

I Guess Admin figured out how to fly or levitate

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: