News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Himmapaanensis'

Started by Himmapaan, March 17, 2012, 04:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

AAAH. So, Niroot. When is this going to be turned into a poster that I can hang on my wall? I'm staring at a perfect space of wall that just needs a beautiful inked poster on it. *wills it to appear*

I love the flow of this. Every single beast is moving with purpose and.. it's beautiful.

DinoToyForum

Niroot, why you sly fox! That is just wonderful  ^-^
I hope everyone is able to spot themselves :))

mnemosaurus

Thank you for already sharing this with us - wow!!

Completely understand you grew rather excited  ^-^ I love the viewpoint, it's so dynamic!

sepp

Ahh Niroot, that's lovely! I can't wait to see it finished, please show us and let us know! I will want to buy a print  :))

Libraraptor

At last your wonderful art found a home in V.2! I enjoy it so much!

postsaurischian

:D Obviously these are DTF members led by Dr. Admin.
Talking about creating a DTF T-shirt in another thread, I think we have the perfect image motif here :).
I would want one (or two) straightaway!!

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 31, 2012, 11:27:23 AM
I hope everyone is able to spot themselves :))

I am ..... and I kinda like it being the only hairy mammal between all those terrible lizards ^-^ ;D.
- mammoth saying: "hey brontodocus, I can see ya ;D!"

ZoPteryx

Great work Himmapaan!!! ;D  I think it should be put on permanent display near the banner! ;)

Tylosaurus

Nice Heard but what's that Wooly doing in that pack of Dino's ? Looks funny but cool in a similar way ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Poster eh ? Darn I need to make new WALLS around here.. ;D

Shirt could be cool..but I'd need a 4-5XLT I'm a BIG boy... heh heh ;)

Himmapaan

A setback, alas. As several of you had already realised, this was meant to be a portion of the DTF herd. I wanted to draw it to celebrate our 'migration' to V.2.

I added a few more creatures/members since the first progress, including a pterosaur (our only pterosaur, it would seem  ;)). But as I began inking it in, it gradually went downhill.

I thought I would try to finish it anyway, in spite of my dissatisfaction, and call it a preliminary piece. But I now find I no longer want to try even that. :-\ So this, exactly as it now stands, is the preliminary. I will rework it entirely.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Huh..I don't see there is anything wrong to my eyes really. Though I understand being dis-satisfied with a work.  If you can't find a reason to progress you might as well move on. 

Gwangi

What a fantastic idea! I think it is turning out quite nice but like Blade said, I understand the feeling of not being satisfied with a particular piece.

Himmapaan

Actually, Art, whilst you're here, you may have noticed that I've tentatively given you a small sail.

What is your own preference? Sail or hump?  :)

Gwangi

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 05, 2012, 02:09:38 AM
Actually, Art, whilst you're here, you may have noticed that I've tentatively given you a small sail.

What is your own preference? Sail or hump?  :)

Oh jeeze, as if figuring out what dinosaur I was wasn't hard enough!  :) No, a sail will do fine thank you. I don't think I want a hump on my back nor do I think Spinosaurs had one either.

Himmapaan

It's just that some artists depict Irritator with a 'hump', rather than a sail; so I thought I may as well ask.

Sail it is, then.  :)

Gwangi

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 05, 2012, 02:22:33 AM
It's just that some artists depict Irritator with a 'hump', rather than a sail; so I thought I may as well ask.

Sail it is, then.  :)

Well I appreciate you asking and am honored to be in a piece of your artwork...as a dinosaur. :) I figure if Spinosaurus's spines were too tall to support a hump that Irritator likely didn't have one either.

Weaver

I see a tiny Stygimoloch in there! I understand how you feel. Inking in traditional is nerve-wracking and everything always looks wrong when I do it... but, push on. I certainly like this a lot and it's just... aww. I love how cleanly you ink. <3

Meso-Cenozoic

Oh, I adore that group pic, Niroot! I can understand your frustrations working on so many small, interlocking details with pen & ink. UGH! I don't know if I would have the patience anymore. I'm not sure exactly what you're dissatisfied with, but I can assure you, what you've done so far is quite brilliant and from what I can tell, very neatly done! I would also love a commemorative poster of this as well. I'm not even sure if I'm represented in there or not, hehe, but I simply love the concept!

And BTW, you can put me down for one of those "silly" dino books too! I remember telling you a long time back you should do one. And with your charming wit and grasp of the English language, I also recall mentioning to you how a story book of some kind would be right up your alley. So I'll gladly be your US sales rep if you need one, hehe!  ;D

radman

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on April 05, 2012, 11:14:39 AM
Oh, I adore that group pic, Niroot! I can understand your frustrations working on so many small, interlocking details with pen & ink. UGH! I don't know if I would have the patience anymore. I'm not sure exactly what you're dissatisfied with, but I can assure you, what you've done so far is quite brilliant and from what I can tell, very neatly done! I would also love a commemorative poster of this as well. I'm not even sure if I'm represented in there or not, hehe, but I simply love the concept!

And BTW, you can put me down for one of those "silly" dino books too! I remember telling you a long time back you should do one. And with your charming wit and grasp of the English language, I also recall mentioning to you how a story book of some kind would be right up your alley. So I'll gladly be your US sales rep if you need one, hehe!  ;D

Hear, hear!  Hopefully there's a Kinaree (me!) in there somewhere, but regardless, this is a really cool concept that I would def buy a print/t-shirt of.  Also, I should mention, "Die Bremerstadtmusikanten" was one of my favorite stories as a child, and I will be getting your version soon to read to my children.  Any chance you have a few spare copies lying around and could autograph on for me?

Arioch

That´s just amazing Niroot! Do I have the great honor to be included there? maybe the Velociraptor (?) staring at the trike?  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: