News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Who has the best Giganotosaurus

Started by Stegotyranno420, November 29, 2019, 06:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has the best Giganotosaurus (repaints and minis not included)

Pnso
Safari Ltd(Carnegie)
Schliech(new)
Schliech(old)
Geoworld
TipToi
Mojo
Schliech(Juvenile)
Vitae
Bullyland
Eofauna
Resaurus(Carnage)
Other(Comment)
Wild Safari
Papo
Mojo(2020)

stargatedalek

Favorite already gets the win from me. As much as I'm not a fan of the highlighted fenestrae, it has a nice bulky body that looks a lot more lifelike than the other options.

Python

Here are my top three.

3. Carnegie Collection: Pretty good, but is lacking in tail musculature

2. Wild Safari 2017: Better tail musculature that the Carnegie version, I've heard of some skull problems, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to say.

1. Eofauna: For me, this is the best Giganotosaurus. I prefer the Eofauna's color scheme over Safari's. Some people will like the Safari Giga's color scheme, but for me the Eofauna's just looks more natural.

Duck

Papo!1!1

Eofauna by a good mile, although I wish the mouth wasn't plain solid red.
He who dwells in pond

Stegotyranno420

It's kinda interesting that the thread is still going, I remember it was one of my first posts.
For now I'd say it's still eofauna. Everyone else's has problems with scale or accuracy.

GojiraGuy1954

It horrifies me that even a single person lurking on this forum thinks the Schleich Giga is the best one
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Bread

Nanmu for its detail and just pure beauty. Honestly wish this was the Giga we saw in the JW:Dominion prologue.

Safari's is nice, but I dislike the coloration. I know avatar_Loon @Loon has a beautiful repaint which improves the figure so much.

I dislike Eofauna's.

Flaffy

I firmly believe we have yet to recieve a 'definitive' Giganotosaurus model from any company.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 18, 2021, 11:45:22 PM
It horrifies me that even a single person lurking on this forum thinks the Schleich Giga is the best one
Could be nostalgia...

Strepsodus

DID YOU KNOW?

If you bought 100 of both versions of the Nanmu Gigantosaurus from Dan's Dinosaurs, it would cost about $18,000

Now I kinda think we should start a new thread in games where you just post funny "DID YOU KNOW?" facts

Duck

Quote from: Bread on December 19, 2021, 12:08:13 AM
Nanmu for its detail and just pure beauty. Honestly wish this was the Giga we saw in the JW:Dominion prologue.

Safari's is nice, but I dislike the coloration. I know avatar_Loon @Loon has a beautiful repaint which improves the figure so much.

I dislike Eofauna's.
I'm also not too keen on Eofauna's Giganotosaurus. The coloring is boring, the detail isn't crisp like PNSO or Papo even. I just wish that Papo would redo their Giga and give it a decent posture. That would be my definitive Giganotosaurus.
He who dwells in pond

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Strepsodus on December 19, 2021, 03:34:57 AM
DID YOU KNOW?

If you bought 100 of both versions of the Nanmu Gigantosaurus from Dan's Dinosaurs, it would cost about $18,000

Now I kinda think we should start a new thread in games where you just post funny "DID YOU KNOW?" facts
I think there is already a thread. Its something along the lines of "Useless facts about Dinosaur figures"

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I don't think monstrous ones that actually trying to be a Giganotosaurus should count in the same category
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on December 19, 2021, 01:12:19 AM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 18, 2021, 11:45:22 PM
Could be nostalgia...
Funny enough, I would pick a Schleich Giga over Eofauna's (note that I would pick their earlier colorschemes and not their current). Maybe its just because I find Carcharodontosaurs to be all the same and that they really need an appealing colorscheme in figure form.

Quote from: Flaffy on December 19, 2021, 12:14:14 AM
I firmly believe we have yet to recieve a 'definitive' Giganotosaurus model from any company.
I'd agree to be honest. Other than Nanmu's, none really call out to me. Plus Nanmu's isn't really scientific, more of a monster.

Quote from: Duck on December 19, 2021, 04:48:12 AM
Quote from: Bread on December 19, 2021, 12:08:13 AM

I dislike Eofauna's.
I'm also not too keen on Eofauna's Giganotosaurus. The coloring is boring, the detail isn't crisp like PNSO or Papo even. I just wish that Papo would redo their Giga and give it a decent posture. That would be my definitive Giganotosaurus.
Exactly. I need something appealing on Carcharodontosaurs. Also not fond of the figures dull teeth and coloration of the gums.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.